• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Usually, when you make a mistake, you learn, huh? At least it's much less likely for you guys to do the same mistake again in the future, as long as you're paying attention.

*blows away his phone's SD card*

Years
Ugh, don't remind me. :p I still need to get a Micro SD card for my phone so that I can hold more than the 8GB it comes with.

Interestingly enough, my phone can hold up to 64 GB of external storage, and that's more than any other device I own. And with that in mind, my main three devices respectively store up to 16 GB (Nexus 7), 32 GB (iPod Touch 4th gen), and 64 GB (Lumia 520).

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Your phone supports microSDXC expansion. They now have 128 GB microSDXC cards, but they cost a fortune relative to their storage size. The 64 GB limit is because the phone was tested up to that, since 128 GB microSDXC cards didn't exist when the phone was released.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Not really sure how much external storage my phone can handle, haha. 32GB, maybe? Currently, though, an 8GB microSD on it, and about 6 are used up. Might give it an upgrade sometime, but right now, I don't need it. :b

Years
My phone's 16GB space is more than enough for me. I've become addicted to the mobile games on it and check them a few times a day, ugh. >_>;

Years
I'm pretty sure my phone's internal 8GB is enough as well.. I wanted to expand past that though because I thought I'd be using the camera a lot on it, but I'm not really. :p

Also, one thing I wish had more storage was my tablet. 16GB doesn't seem to be enough for that, sadly.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
What do you even fill up a phone with? Music, I guess?

I like keeping my iPod separate from my phone because I don't want to drain the battery with music playing, so SD card limits were never an issue on it - I can't imagine what else I would want to put on there that would take up so much space.

What games are you playing, Sheep?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I fill my storage with music, pretty much. xD;; Though, I do have Spotify installed which I could use to listen to these stuff directly, so I'm considering deleting some of them and free a few space up. Also have some pictures in there, but I need those, as they're sort of important to me.

Years
I don't use Spotify since it's difficult for me to build a playlist from scratch since I always seem to forget about songs all the time D:

I always use Pandora and iHeartRadio though if I want to listen to music, and generally both apps know my tastes pretty well.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
My phone dosen't supposed external storage, but I don't really care. I needed it when a lot of space was taken up with music and nandroid backups. But now I don't rom (Moto X dosen't need it <3) and I just use Google Play Music All Access for music, I am kinda tired of paying for it, but I love it too much to go without.

Last edited by a moderator:

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm still planning how to fill up 7.3 GB of free space on my microSDHC card on my phone. Apps are one thing...

Zortac

League Champion
Years
I got up my 8GB MicroSDHC card on my 12th Birthday[I'm 14 now, 15 in a few months]
I still haven't deleted one file off it. And it has 3GB left.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I've found that my hard drives will have tons of space for months or years, and then suddenly when I first realize it's starting to fill up I can never empty it again to the point where I have enough space, so I end up upgrading. I turned my last laptop internal hard drive into an external though, so I haven't had that problem in a while.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
My hard drives are moderately full, but not on my laptop. I keep my desktop pretty organized. I have a 4 TB external, 1.5 TB internal, 500 GB internal, and a 320 GB internal. It is all nice and not all filled to the brim. <3

Years
My desktop, server, and laptop all roughly have 25-40% of their hard drives filled, and nothing more. It's my external hard drive (yes I only have one at the moment) that needs to be cleaned out. xD I've got so many files on it that I don't use anymore, but also files I don't want to trash either

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
My boss is insistent that it's impossible to program without a solid state drive. I roll my eyes at him fairly regularly on that one.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
OS (C:) 38.5 GB free of 372 GB
Data (D:) 401 GB free of 537 GB

I think I'm going to reconsider my current partitioning scheme very soon...

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
OS (C:) 38.5 GB free of 372 GB
Data (D:) 401 GB free of 537 GB

I think I'm going to reconsider my current partitioning scheme very soon...

Years
My boss is insistent that it's impossible to program without a solid state drive. I roll my eyes at him fairly regularly on that one.
I would honestly ask your boss what he knows then, because clearly programming is possible with HDDs, or else we wouldn't have programs :p

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
He's a coder too, it's just that you get too into technology and you get impatient - anything that takes more than a few seconds you get frustrated with, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back