• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Anime Chat Café

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Also hi lol I'm slooowly watching the XY anime these days. Can't wait to reach XYZ! I've heard it's pretty good.

Welcome to the heck that is the section known as "Pokémon Anime" take a seat and stay awhile.

I don't want to see Ash with a Litten, honestly. If I'm being honest, I only want to see him with Rowlet. If Ash has any new travel partner's (unlikely), I'd like to see someone else get a Littlen, maybe the girl, considering Mallow is probably gonna join, though, I find that unlikely.

Hmm, I wonder if Ash will get any old Pokémon as Alola formes? We'll see!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Welcome to the heck that is the section known as "Pokémon Anime" take a seat and stay awhile.

I don't want to see Ash with a Litten, honestly. If I'm being honest, I only want to see him with Rowlet. If Ash has any new travel partner's (unlikely), I'd like to see someone else get a Littlen, maybe the girl, considering Mallow is probably gonna join, though, I find that unlikely.

Hmm, I wonder if Ash will get any old Pokémon as Alola formes? We'll see!
Oh, it would be pretty nice if Ash's new star pokémon in Alola was actually an Alolan Sandslash! He'll never get Alolan Raichu, we can guess with distinct certainty...

But if he got Rowlet and the evo turns out to be that cool owl archer, that would be kind of similar to the clever Sceptile and Greninja... It would be more fun with a Litten bodybuilder evo who maybe was a bit troublesome to deal with, rather than super nice like Pignite or very loyal but vengeful like Infernape (correct me if my analyses are off, I haven't seen all of Unova/Sinnoh arcs). I'm not saying Charizard-troublesome, but perhaps more like an actually cool Oshawott haha.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
It is very possible that Ash will get Alolan Forms, I wouldn't doubt it at all. I mean he did catch a Gligar, which evolved.

Maybe he would catch an Exeggcute (Arceus Help us if that happens) No... no please no! He did try to catch a Ratatta at the start of Kanto, so that wouldn't surprise me. I was hoping he would get Alolan Vulpix, but pretty sure that isn't going to happen with Lillie having one.

Pikachu will probably be his main pokemon again though. I am almost certain of that.

Years
I don't want Ash to catch Alolan Pokemon since they're not actually new species themselves: They're essentially just old Pokemon with lipstick and new wigs put on them. I could understand Ash catching one if some evolved into Gen 7 Pokemon, but so far none of them do.

Years
So guys, what do you think the exact date for the XYZ finale will be? Because we know the Sun & Moon series will be starting in November, but we don't know exactly when and at the moment we seem to have only like, 5 episodes left of Kalos.

My likely prediction is somewhere near the end of October (20th or 27th is my guess), since they probably want to burn the remaining episodes off before November.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am thinking that the first episode of in Japan will be at the start of November before the games come out. I also thinking the English version might have a sample of the new anime, similar to what they did with XY, but it probably won't start till January or February in United States.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
October 20th. Marking 3 years or so of XY, perhaps? As for S/M probably a day before the games come out which just so happens to be the games come out on a Friday.

Years
I'm likely guessing October 20th or 27th for the XY finale, but the former could be more possible if they're aiming for a break before the start of SM. SM looks like it could start airing around a week or two before the games are released.

English dub of SM (aka Season 20 for the dub) I likely expect to start in February 2017.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I wonder if this series of seasons in Alola will be some one-off thing with the art style and such, and when we move to the region after Alola, the art style will return to what it currently is.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I wonder if this series of seasons in Alola will be some one-off thing with the art style and such, and when we move to the region after Alola, the art style will return to what it currently is.

It's way too soon to even know that for sure... Sun/Moon aren't even out yet. :(
...Didn't someone say Sugimori was planning on going "simple" with his art style in an interview? Or maybe that was something else.

Years
It's way too soon to even know that for sure... Sun/Moon aren't even out yet. :(
...Didn't someone say Sugimori was planning on going "simple" with his art style in an interview? Or maybe that was something else.

I'm sure the "return to simplicity" has something to do with the games' approach to newcomers, and not the anime.

Years
I knew Serena not continuing to Alola was expected. But it appears she's interested in learning about Contests in Hoenn, so maybe she's aiming to become a Coordinator after she leaves Ash.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I have a feeling that she will return in Sun and Moon at some point. Especially with the possibility with Hoenn and Alola being extremely close to one another. I know Iris didn't return, but I think that was because she wasn't well liked. Would be nice if there was like half a season or a somewhat long arc where everyone returns.

I am still thinking there will be an episode where everyone returns in the 20th Ann. Maybe for a Festival or something.

I wish they would tell us where all the regions were and not just "Far Away"

Years
Dunno why people expected her to continue with Ash. Only Misty ever did that, right? What was so different about Serena?

It's because Serena had a crush on Ash that was shown a lot, and had seen popularity levels not seen in a main female character for the anime since Misty. The only reason Misty continued with Ash to Johto is because no female protagonist existed when Gold & Silver came out, and Crystal came out a while after the Johto series started.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 6, 2017
hi I'm only up to the 4th season and as much as I am enjoying the anime, (there's a lot of frustrating moments in it) it just seems like a lot of episodes in the johto seasons are just filler episodes, like sometimes ash can go almost 10 episode without a single gym battle. I'm just wondering, is the anime generally like this? Because I swear the first 3 seasons were more interesting even if ash was stupider then. (Although it doesn't seem that ash gets much smarter really)

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
hi I'm only up to the 4th season and as much as I am enjoying the anime, (there's a lot of frustrating moments in it) it just seems like a lot of episodes in the johto seasons are just filler episodes, like sometimes ash can go almost 10 episode without a single gym battle. I'm just wondering, is the anime generally like this? Because I swear the first 3 seasons were more interesting even if ash was stupider then. (Although it doesn't seem that ash gets much smarter really)

It depends on how you see filler. Later seasons focus on contests, many different captures, and stories with other characters. Imo X and Y feels the least fillerish. Hoenn can to.

Usually the fillers aren't that bad though. Johto is still a pretty good season, but I liked Hoenn more. Shinnoh and XY are good seasons as well.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 6, 2017
Yeah that's true I guess filler is kinda hard to define, but as I said I have still been enjoying the show a lot. I guess by filler I mean an episode where nothing interesting happens and the story and characters don't progress. Pretty much like those episode where ash meets some new guy who they don't know, they help the guy do whatever he's trying to do, then team rocket come along, they stop team rocket and that's it. I feel like that's a typical filler for the anime

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Yes more than half of the Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto are nothing, but fillers. I consider a filler if there is no direct impact on pokemon or characters. Such as a new attack, new pokemon catch, new badge, or anything in that nature.

Hoenn does a little bit better with this, but there is still a ton of fillers. And Sinnoh is an overload of fillers.

Unova was ok until the end of the series, but they still had story arcs near the end.

Kalos has probably done the best job with non filler episodes. The time between the 1st gym and 2nd gym were full of them, but after that, it started to even out better to a point where there is hardly a filler. And even the fillers of Kalos have been by far the most fun to watch.

Back