• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[F/R] Editing the bootscreen!!!

ARKA9

The evolved police dog.
Years
Hi guys i am ARKA9 with another tutorial THIS IS MY FIRST

Well, i didn't find any bootscreen editing tutorials for fire red on the forum so, I decided to do one.

For those who don't know what a boot screen is :-
bootscreen.png

We often ignore editing the bootscreen and keep our focus on editing the titlescreen.....but we have to edit this stuff too so, let's get started...

What you will need:-

1. Graphics Gale
2. Irfan view
3. UNLZ.gba.exe
4. Sphere editor
5. APE
6. NTME
7. FSF
8. Drawing skills
9. *PATIENCE*

Step 1. Making an image

Spoiler:

Step 2. Making a Tileset

Spoiler:

Step 3. Making the raw file

Spoiler:

Step 4:- Getting the pallete

Spoiler:

Step 5:- Finally Inserting it

Spoiler:

Final step :- Fixing the colors
Spoiler:

RESULT:-
Spoiler:

Some more ideas for the bootscreen are:-
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
Years
This opens quite a bit of possibilities. You made this procedure look easy!

I remember dabbling with Sphere back then.

Shogun

I'll be back
Years
A little error in your tuto : 00402260 not 00402240

I have a little problem :
screen_zpscgnbmkxy.png

My original image is in 16 colors and 240*160
The tileset obtain is 232 *152. So I don't uderstand why it doesn't works.
Before I' ve test with another tileset but the result was buggy. I think it was because the tileset was more 192*184
If someone can help me, thanks.

ARKA9

The evolved police dog.
Years
A little error in your tuto : 00402260 not 00402240

I have a little problem :
screen_zpscgnbmkxy.png

My original image is in 16 colors and 240*160
The tileset obtain is 232 *152. So I don't uderstand why it doesn't works.
Before I' ve test with another tileset but the result was buggy. I think it was because the tileset was more 192*184
If someone can help me, thanks.

Thanks for reporting the error! Fixed.

As per my information...I think you are clicking "no" while the "remove duplicate tiles" popup appears in sphere...Click "yes" and you are done

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
You said you are making some upon request right? If so then can u go make me one that has some lightning bolts in the background if possible and the big red text that says

PLAY THIS GAME AT YOUR OWN RISK IT MAY BE YOUR LAST!!!
Creator Destructor

If u can't do the lightning bolts in the background then just do the words and add a zekrom Sprite

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Ok I followed your steps and got a screen with splotches on it that are the palette colors. How do I fix this? I am seriously thinking of just requesting.

Edit: Ok I fixed the splotches but now it just looks weird like Shogun's image but not as accurate. I click yes remove duplicates but it still won't work.

Last edited:

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I pmed u of what I want arka9 plz reply back thx

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 14, 2023
Found the Emerald location. 00DC3D74 is the offset. The number is around 2537-40. It ended up being 2537, 2539, or 2540.
The tilemap goes in the next number.
And the palette. 00DC3D54

Last edited:

ARKA9

The evolved police dog.
Years
Found the Emerald location. 00DC3D74 is the offset. The number is around 2537-40. It ended up being 2537, 2539, or 2540.
The tilemap goes in the next number.
And the palette. 00DC3D54

I think the steps for emerald are quite different. I saw a tutorial but I never tried it out. Just search it up in the forums.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 14, 2023
I think the steps for emerald are quite different. I saw a tutorial but I never tried it out. Just search it up in the forums.

This is the only boot screen edit tutorial I've seen. But it's pretty much the same. Just use the offsets I provided and when on the NTME use the E TS preset. I got my emerald hack to have a custom boot logo.

Back