Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Old April 9th, 2018 (11:34 PM).
    TCGO:

I'm wondering what this is worth. All the cards like it I have seen are either in Japanese or in English but with their respective languages for the signature. I found it odd that this card is in English AND has a (I think Japanese) signature.
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg IMG_20180410_003031.jpg‎ (2.94 MB, 8 views) (Save to Dropbox)
    File Type: jpg IMG_20180410_003012.jpg‎ (2.52 MB, 3 views) (Save to Dropbox)
    Old April 10th, 2018 (5:28 AM). Edited April 10th, 2018 by donavannj.
    TCGO: donavannj

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sirblueshue View Post
    I'm wondering what this is worth. All the cards like it I have seen are either in Japanese or in English but with their respective languages for the signature. I found it odd that this card is in English AND has a (I think Japanese) signature.
    $0, basically. What you have is a card that was part of a promotional deck that was not legal for official play called the World Championship decks, which get released every year based on the top 3 or so finishers in each division of Organized Play, sometimes only the winning decks receiving such a release. And to mark which deck it's from TPCI puts the signature of the player who used that deck at Worlds onto the picture.
    Yours is from one of the 2006 decks. The card essentially has no value without the rest of the promotional deck, and even with the rest of the deck might not have much value with that bottom left corner coming apart.
    Old April 10th, 2018 (5:31 AM).
      TCGO:

Thank you, I appreciate such a fast response time!
      Old May 9th, 2018 (7:01 AM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by o_Esther View Post
      Hi!
      I'm completely new here, but I've got a question about a weird Pokémon card I found in my collection the other day. It looks like a (spanish) Gyarados card, but instead of Gyarados it says Prinplup. Is this a fake card that got it wrong, a misprint, or something else?

It's not in great condition as you can see, but I hope the picture is clear enough. I'm pretty sure it's fake, but I know close to nothing about Pokémon cards, so I'm hoping you guys can help me out here!
      I'm 99.9% confident it's a counterfeit, as such egregious errors in Pokemon name rarely happen (last one I can recall was a promo of a Garchomp card released in English being released with Garchomp's German name on them in its first print run back in 2009/2010), and to my knowledge they've never released a card with an entirely different Pokemon's name on it before.

That and the font looks off in a number of areas.
      Old May 10th, 2018 (10:43 AM).
        TCGO:

Can’t seem to find this first edition otomaru card I have anywhere on the internet, making me hope it’s expensive and rare. Any ideas would be appreciated?
        Old May 10th, 2018 (1:08 PM).
        Harbinger of Calamity
        TCGO: asdfghjkl1234

Nature: Modest
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Bendy34 View Post
        Can’t seem to find this first edition otomaru card I have anywhere on the internet, making me hope it’s expensive and rare. Any ideas would be appreciated?
        Well, for one, otomaru isn't a Pokémon. So, uh, fake?
        It protects fields and warns people of disaster,
        so one ought to be grateful for it.

Challenges - TCG - Trade Corner - Daily
        Old May 13th, 2018 (12:04 PM).
          TCGO:

My daughter has a card that says Ponyta LV.13 HP60 and the fire symbol at the top. Then it has a charmander in the little circle. It says Stage 1 Evolves from Ponyta. The picture is a foil rapidash (No.077 Fire Horse Pokemon HT3'03" WT:66.1 Lbs. The abilities are Tackle and Stomp. Is this some kind of misprint that might be worth something?
          IMG_20180513_135830.jpg
          Old May 13th, 2018 (3:35 PM).
            TCGO:

I found these on ebay and I'm thinking about buying but the guy only wants $150, they have to counterfeit, right?

Old May 14th, 2018 (8:17 AM). Edited May 14th, 2018 by donavannj.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Cheesychocobo View Post
            My daughter has a card that says Ponyta LV.13 HP60 and the fire symbol at the top. Then it has a charmander in the little circle. It says Stage 1 Evolves from Ponyta. The picture is a foil rapidash (No.077 Fire Horse Pokemon HT3'03" WT:66.1 Lbs. The abilities are Tackle and Stomp. Is this some kind of misprint that might be worth something?
            Attachment 85369
            Sorry to say, CheesyChocobo, but that "Ponyta" is a counterfeit all around. The Charmander in the "evolves" from circle is the first giveaway (meaning the base card may have been an edited Charmeleon), second is the the "Evolves from Ponyta next to it, which makes it look more like it was a Rapidash card that was edited. Third is the picture, which is of a Rapidash and looks poorly edited in. Fourth is that all the fonts on the card look completely off. And fifth is that the energy symbols on the cards look off.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Wildgoroappeared View Post
            I found these on ebay and I'm thinking about buying but the guy only wants $150, they have to counterfeit, right?

I think people are way overpaying for a PSA 10 graded holo 1st edition Aerodactyl. You only have to go back to March 10th to find one being sold for less than $100 US, but most auctions since and a couple around the time of the $100 one are going for $150 and $130. In comparison, the non-holo PSA one is consistently going for around $30 (outside of someone definitely not paying attention to what card was up for auction and spending $150 on it - yikes!). And an ungraded prerelease Aerodactyl fetches around $7. $150 may be below the eBay market's usual going rate, but it's not terribly far off.

I also personally don't see any counterfeit tells on the aerodactyls from the photo, but I'm not the ultimate authority for discerning well done counterfeits from a photo.
            Old May 16th, 2018 (12:29 AM). Edited May 16th, 2018 by Awi.
              TCGO:

Hi everyone :)
              Im new here, my name is David and I'm from Poland.
              Yesterday I found my pokemon cards but I have a problem with their identification and valuation. I have only first generation. They have English language. I hope that the link from google drive will work here
              For example:

CARD 1
              Mewtwo
              Base set two (symbol is pokeball with number 2)
              10/102 with star symbol
              It's HOLO
              I google it but everywhere are two versions of this card:
              a. Without symbol base set 2 they are blank OR have 1 edition symbol. They have 10/102 with star
              b. They are with symbol base set 2 but they have numbers 10/130
              I have combine these two versions of card: With symbol base set 2 and with number 10/102
              Is this a error or something? They have trademarks, Im sure this card is original.
              https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EYK170D1hRfGnzCtxYcXEKQGl-2JzfnW

CARD 2
              I have a lot of these cards but take only one for example:
              Machop
              There is no symbol
              52/102 with circle symbol
              In this card I dont need valuation, I only want to know what is the edition and if this is the original card.
              https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IOZkn_KMZKo9Azuxclz6REmj5leihUts
              Old May 16th, 2018 (1:07 PM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Awi View Post
              Hi everyone :)
              Im new here, my name is David and I'm from Poland.
              Yesterday I found my pokemon cards but I have a problem with their identification and valuation. I have only first generation. They have English language. I hope that the link from google drive will work here
              For example:

CARD 1
              Mewtwo
              Base set two (symbol is pokeball with number 2)
              10/102 with star symbol
              It's HOLO
              I google it but everywhere are two versions of this card:
              a. Without symbol base set 2 they are blank OR have 1 edition symbol. They have 10/102 with star
              b. They are with symbol base set 2 but they have numbers 10/130
              I have combine these two versions of card: With symbol base set 2 and with number 10/102
              Is this a error or something? They have trademarks, Im sure this card is original.
              https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EYK170D1hRfGnzCtxYcXEKQGl-2JzfnW

CARD 2
              I have a lot of these cards but take only one for example:
              Machop
              There is no symbol
              52/102 with circle symbol
              In this card I dont need valuation, I only want to know what is the edition and if this is the original card.
              https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IOZkn_KMZKo9Azuxclz6REmj5leihUts
              So, your Mewtwo is a counterfeit/fake. The combination of the 10/102 collector's number and the Base Set 2 symbol are the first tell. All Base Set 2 cards would have their collector's number be some variation of "x/130", where X is the card's number for Base Set 2, so in a Base Set 2 Mewtwo's case, it should read "10/130". The next tell is the fact that the fonts used, particularly for the attacks and the Pokedex flavor text (the text in that box near the bottom of the card), are off. And another tell is that the Energy symbols are off center, and all official energy symbols are centered. And a final tell is that holographic pattern used in the picture. I don't think I've seen any official card use that particular holofoil pattern with the dots arranged in that particular way. This last one I'm the least certain on, but I am 100% certain your Mewtwo card is a counterfeit/fake.

Card 2, in comparison, is, as best as I can tell, a 100% legit English shadowed unlimited print run Base Set Machop.

Did this clear anything up for you?
              Old May 21st, 2018 (4:12 PM).
                TCGO:

in 1998 I bought a friend's son's collection of Pokemon cards for my son. But he was into another card game and I put them away. I've been looking at them recently and there are 5 Japanese holo pocket monster cards that are absolutely shiny and beautiful, and which I can't find on the net.
                They are Meowth HP50 no.052, Nidoran HP60 no. 029, Geodude HP50 no.074, Mankey HP 40 no. 056, and Seal HP50 no.086. All of them say c 1996 Nintendo inc., c 1996 Creatures inc., c 1996 GameFreak inc and All Rights reserved on the back.
                I have spent hours looking for these cards on the net and can't find them. I think they are from the first Japanese base set, but I'm not sure if they were promos or what. Any help would be most appreciated.
                Old May 21st, 2018 (7:09 PM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Ronin49 View Post
                in 1998 I bought a friend's son's collection of Pokemon cards for my son. But he was into another card game and I put them away. I've been looking at them recently and there are 5 Japanese holo pocket monster cards that are absolutely shiny and beautiful, and which I can't find on the net.
                They are Meowth HP50 no.052, Nidoran HP60 no. 029, Geodude HP50 no.074, Mankey HP 40 no. 056, and Seal HP50 no.086. All of them say c 1996 Nintendo inc., c 1996 Creatures inc., c 1996 GameFreak inc and All Rights reserved on the back.
                I have spent hours looking for these cards on the net and can't find them. I think they are from the first Japanese base set, but I'm not sure if they were promos or what. Any help would be most appreciated.
                I've gone ahead and moved your post into the appropriate thread for this type of question.

Anyway, from your description, I think they're actually counterfeits that are actually stickers. Mind uploading a photo as an attachment to your next post in this thread to confirm that?
                Old May 23rd, 2018 (4:33 PM).
                  TCGO:

I have a basic Cubchoo that says the HP is 7000. But when I Google search for this card nothing appears. Is this card fake?
                  Old May 23rd, 2018 (5:03 PM).
                  TCGO:

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Cmym504 View Post
                  I have a basic Cubchoo that says the HP is 7000. But when I Google search for this card nothing appears. Is this card fake?
                  Moved this to the right place. :) Please feel free to post a proper introduction though!

Old May 23rd, 2018 (6:13 PM).
                    TCGO:

Hello,

Sorry if this is not in the correct spot. I have two Nidokings from the base set (11/102). One of them has a noticeable darker green background. Its not shadowless or 1st edition. Everything about the card looks legit, but I'm just not sure. Would anyone be able to provide any insight? That would be so great.

Thanks!!

Darrin
                    Old May 24th, 2018 (6:03 AM). Edited May 24th, 2018 by donavannj.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Cmym504 View Post
                    Your Cubchoo is 100% certainly a fake/counterfeit. They've never typoed the HP for a card to have an HP that high.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by DarrinKeeler View Post
                    Hello,

Sorry if this is not in the correct spot. I have two Nidokings from the base set (11/102). One of them has a noticeable darker green background. Its not shadowless or 1st edition. Everything about the card looks legit, but I'm just not sure. Would anyone be able to provide any insight? That would be so great.

Thanks!!

Darrin
                    Is the other one shadowless and first edition? They were tinkering with a lot of the coloring of the cards with the Base Set print runs from what I've read.
                    Old May 24th, 2018 (5:00 PM).
                      TCGO:

The other is not 1st edition or shadowless. I posted a picture of both of them.

The one on the right is the one in question. The green is just a bit darker.

https://imgur.com/a/j3plwpX
                      Old May 25th, 2018 (6:26 AM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by DarrinKeeler View Post
                      The other is not 1st edition or shadowless. I posted a picture of both of them.

The one on the right is the one in question. The green is just a bit darker.

https://imgur.com/a/j3plwpX
                      It looks a fair bit more saturated in color but otherwise normal. That saturation does make me think there's a strong (but not definite) possibility it was a really well done counterfeit.
                      Old May 26th, 2018 (10:28 AM).
                        TCGO:

Wondering what grades from PSA these cards could get. A pre-grade, if you will, before I send them in.

This Volkner has two tiny specks of white on the bottom edges, hardly noticeable unless you're looking.

Unfortunately it has edge whitening on all 4 corners, albeit minimal. I hate how promo cards are always like this.

Thoughts? Thinking a 10 on Volker and 8.5 on Charizard? Thoughts?
                        Old May 27th, 2018 (5:59 PM).

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Katchmll View Post
                        Wondering what grades from PSA these cards could get. A pre-grade, if you will, before I send them in.

This Volkner has two tiny specks of white on the bottom edges, hardly noticeable unless you're looking.

Unfortunately it has edge whitening on all 4 corners, albeit minimal. I hate how promo cards are always like this.

Thoughts? Thinking a 10 on Volker and 8.5 on Charizard? Thoughts?
                        idk, i see gunk at the top of volkner unless that's the sleeve.
                        Old June 2nd, 2018 (2:33 AM).
                          TCGO:

https://imgur.com/a/oIXOYIy
                          Old June 2nd, 2018 (9:12 PM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Involvex View Post
                          I've gone ahead and moved your post to the appropriate thread for this type of question.

What language are these in?
                          Old June 3rd, 2018 (8:55 AM). Edited June 3rd, 2018 by goodmorningluka.
                            TCGO:

I know i don't fulfill the requests in the rules but does anyone know how much this pack is worth? I got it in japan like ages ago and apparently never opened it and the only thing i can read on it is "Holon".

Old June 4th, 2018 (8:22 PM).

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by goodmorningluka View Post
                            I know i don't fulfill the requests in the rules but does anyone know how much this pack is worth? I got it in japan like ages ago and apparently never opened it and the only thing i can read on it is "Holon".

I uh can't find actual prices for a Japanese Holon Phantoms booster pack. Intact Japanese booster packs are pretty rare outside Japan. If I had to take a stab, maybe $5?

Quick Reply