• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least favourite Pokémon from each gen?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Gen1: Voltorb/Electrode
Gen2: Unown
Gen3: Manectric
Gen4: Bastiodon
Gen5: Palpitoad
Gen6: Aromatisse
Gen7: Togedemaru

I don't hate any Pokemon really, these are just at the bottom of the pile.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Alolan form: Alolan Meowth. The same thing but now it's has a dumb smug face and a diff colour. Yay. I'm sick of getting this so many times @ wondertade as well. Alolan Persian is just as bad and looks hideous for some reason. Bah.

Gen1: Rn its Magikarp. Also really tired of seeing it both in wondertrade and fishing.

Gen2: Delibird. Worthless, meh design and really really really bad stats. I don't like this thing.

Gen3: Banette. Also weak and bad design. Good thing the mega exists which fixes the problem with it's stats, but the mon itself is what we are talking about and I do not like the actual mon.

Gen4: Last year, I went from being meh towards Lucario to disliking it after stumbing into a webpage where everyone kept praising it for no reason. Even though I got over it over time, I still like it and it's line the least out of everything in this gen, so yeah.

Gen5: Tought descision between Pidove and Mienshao but I think Mienshao takes the cake. Forcing me to cheat in my X nuzrun, you...

Gen6: Ugh, plenty of bad ones here. Furfrou, Bergmite, Klefki...ugh......but Klefki is by far the worst. I just HATE Klefki. Ugly, I've never really found it that useful, and just bad. If I could get all those hideous weirdoes extinct, I would.

Gen7: Naganadel. Ugly, can't pronounce it's name, the lower part of its body looks weird, and the design is just weird as a whole.

Out of all these, Alolan Meowth is the probably the worst. That smug face...it really looks like its trolling me or something. Klefki is a VERY close second though.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
1, Drowzee
2, Xatu
3, Crawdaunt
4, Tangrowth
5, Druddigon
6, Barbaracle
7, Kommo-o

Last edited:
Years
Gen I: Raticate
Gen II: Sudowoodo (I don't dislike it per se, but it's the one Pokemon from this gen that I care for the least).
Gen III: Exploud
Gen IV: Cranidos/Rampardos
Gen V: Watchog
Gen VI: Binacle
Gen VII: Crabominable

Shayochism

SHAYAN DRAVEN
Years
Gen 1: Mr Mime.
Gen 2: Smoochum.
Gen 3: Cradily.
Gen 4: Mime Jr.
Gen 5: Conkeldurr.
Gen 6: Binacle.
Gen 7: Brionne.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Gen 1: Jynx
Gen 2: Unown
Gen 3: Luvdisc
Gen 4: Lucario
Gen 5: Emolga
Gen 6: Dedenne
Gen 7: Comfey

Years
Gen 1: Tentacool
Gen 2: Stantler
Gen 3: Pelipper. If I could put Pelipper for every generation, I would.
Gen 4: Lickilicky
Gen 5: Basculin
Gen 6: Carbink
Gen 7: Oranguru

Years
Gen IV: Magmortar and Rhyperior (dear Gamefreak, please make alternative evolutionary lines for Magmar and Rhydon).
Gen V: Munna (love Musharna tough).
Gen VI: Binacle and Barbaracle (I though they were fake the first time I saw them).
Gen VII: Gumshoos and Celeswaifu.

Years
Ironically most if these are decent Pokemon, but all of them just made me uncomfortable from a design perspective for some reason or another.

Gen 1: Mr Mime

I have always hated this thing ever since I was a kid. Why would I want to keep a full-grown man in my pocket? I thought about exeggcute and Electrode, but Mimey is a more annoying recurring character.

Gen 2: Nobody.

Gen 3: Practically nobody.

I thought about including Nosepass, but considering what is to come its not that bad.

Gen 4: Probopass,

As much as I can't stand bloated Magmortar, green spaghetti Tangrowth, rip-off Infernape and overtly sexualized Lopunny, I think Probopass is probably the ugliest design of any generation.

Gen 5: Either fusion Kyurem.

I was happy for cool, mysterious Kyurem to have a new form-- what they made destroyed my eyesight. I also hate Scrafty, and the entire lazy kling line, but giving the spot to Black/White Kyurem for ruining something I liked.

Gen 6: Nobody really,

Gen 7: ALL of the Ultra Beasts must reside here!

This was tough, I was thinking of Charjabug and about half of Alolan forms, but went for the UB since Charjabug looks better when it evolves and I liked a couple of the Alolan forms, but all of the UB have induced great trauma upon me.

Years
Alrighty, so, I don't actually dislike any Pokémon listed here! They're just not really my style, personally~

1. Generation I: I guess maybe Pinsir? I'm a bit iffy about saying even that, though.
  2. Generation II: Nothin' really comes to mind, I'm afraid!
  3. Generation III: I'm gonna sound like a horribly biased old-school fan, but, once again, I honestly can't think of any that stand out to me as being noticeably below-average in terms of how much I like them.
  4. Generation IV: Okay, there really aren't any Pokémon here I actually don't like but I have a grudge against Dusknoir for not coming alongside a Shuppet-line counterpart, and for having a color palette and general aesthetic that's just off enough compared to Duskull and Dusclops to be noticeable, and, consequently, really bug me.
  5. Generation V: The legendary djinn trio, probably. Generation V was actually a really good generation for me in terms of new Pokémon otherwise.
  6. Generation VI: The Binacle line is by no means bad in terms of design, it's just really not my speed.
  7. Generation VII: Necrozma just looks so… generically-edgy. Can't say I'm a fan.

Last edited:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Alright. I'm ready to be lynched.

Gen I: Definitely CHARIZARD. I absolutely hate mow much recognition that stupid fat lizard gets. Everytime I see this thing in Smash I want to body it like there's no tomorrow. Oh, and those people who use Belly Drum Charizard? Those guys can go to heck.
Gen II: Tyrogue. Not much of an opinion on this one.
Gen III: Silcoon and Cascoon- mostly because of the lack of originality the developers had at the time- they're exactly the same Pokemon, but with different designs.
Gen IV: Cherrim. Its design is pretty ugly in my opinion, and it's too gimmicky to do anything other than help Shuckle achieve the largest amount of damage possible.
Gen V: Watchog. Just a bunch of wasted potential.
Gen VI: Aromatisse. I hate its design and how many nightmares it caused me in competitive play.
Gen VII: Zeraora. It just exists. Why does it exist?

Ultra Sun

Yes this is PC user Sun lol
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 29, 2022
Gen I: Voltorb line, when it comes to creative these Pokemon are the best and they are the most Pokémon looking uh... Pokémon.

Gen II: Sunflora. Terrible and tragic, design wise and stat wise. Wh

Gen III: Exploud and Loudred. If I were looking for the definition of disgusting, they are definitely the top choices.

Gen IV: It's a tie between Lickilicky and Probopass. Horrendous designs.

Gen V: Out of all the Pokemon I have listed, these two really take the cake Simipour and Oshawott (along two others from Gen 7, namely Brionne and Popplio). Uninspiring. While Simipour looks like a ripoff character from the Donkey Kong series, actually Oshawott looks original. However, that doesn't make it less ugly. Fortunately, both Dewott and Samurott look great!

Gen VI: With only around 70 then-new Pokémon, it isn't that difficult to spot for the fugly ones. The Slurpuff line aren't too pleasant to the eyes, Slurpuff itself is the most terrible out of the evolution family. It looks like a cross between an old hag and a dog.

Gen 7: Drampa, Turtonator, Blacephalon and Stakataka. Just no, especially the latter two, they look like they were designed by the children of Game Freak employees. Brionne and Popplio, they look like the long lost basement sisters of Oshawott. The Jangmo-o line, I'd like to think that they existed just to make the unfortunate basement sisters look pretty, while they failed their mission, they are still ugly, regardless.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Gen I: Voltorb line, when it comes to creative these Pokemon are the best and they are the most Pokémon looking uh... Pokémon.

Gen II: Sunflora. Terrible and tragic, design wise and stat wise. Wh

Gen III: Exploud and Loudred. If I were looking for the definition of disgusting, they are definitely the top choices.

Gen IV: It's a tie between Lickilicky and Probopass. Horrendous designs.

Gen V: Out of all the Pokemon I have listed, these two really take the cake Simipour and Oshawott (along two others from Gen 7, namely Brionne and Popplio). Uninspiring. While Simipour looks like a ripoff character from the Donkey Kong series, actually Oshawott looks original. However, that doesn't make it less ugly. Fortunately, both Dewott and Samurott look great!

Gen VI: With only around 70 then-new Pokémon, it isn't that difficult to spot for the fugly ones. The Slurpuff line aren't too pleasant to the eyes, Slurpuff itself is the most terrible out of the evolution family. It looks like a cross between an old hag and a dog.

Gen 7: Drampa, Turtonator, Blacephalon and Stakataka. Just no, especially the latter two, they look like they were designed by the children of Game Freak employees. Brionne and Popplio, they look like the long lost basement sisters of Oshawott. The Jangmo-o line, I'd like to think that they existed just to make the unfortunate basement sisters look pretty, while they failed their mission, they are still ugly, regardless.
I agree to all, except the gen 6 which all of his Pokemon r PERFECT

PencilFlake

PencilFlake
Years
gen 1- Gloom. Seriously, what happened to my cute little oddish?!?!
gen 2- Smoochum. ew ew ew
gen 3- Luvdisc. ummmmm what is this
gen 4- Lopunny- basically a bunny trying to be hot
gen 5- but i like all of them..... okay. Bouffalant cuz its basically a Tauros knock-off
gen 6- Diggersby. It's pretty self explanatory
gen 7- Alolan dugtrio. Does that count? Otherwise, Blacephalon. What is that thing anyway???

so yes, i am basing most of these off their looks. but lets be honest- everyone else is doing that too

Years
Ohhh boy, this is gonna be a tough one... I'm not really predisposed to feeling any sort of strong negative emotions towards fictional characters or creatures, so this is likely just going to be which Pokémon I like the least, rather than which ones I dislike the most, if that distinction makes sense.

For each generation...
  1. Probably Pinsir? I dunno, I just don't think about it very much, since it's relatively obscure in-game (and also unobtainable without trading in Red version, which is my primary Gen 1 game) and it's not really to my tastes aesthetically, either.
  2. Stantler, maybe? For largely similar reasons. It's not as hard to find, but there's just nothing about it that really grabs me all that much, either.
  3. Ehhh, maybe Glalie? These are hard. I kinda like all Hoenn Pokémon, in particular. In Glalie's case, I just like Snorunt more than it, aesthetically, so it's a teensy bit of a bummer to have to evolve a Snorunt into it (if the Snorunt is male or in a Gen 3 game) in order for it to reach its full potential.
  4. Hmm, no one Pokémon stands out, but I feel it warrants mentioning that Sinnoh has by far my least favorite set of starters. I guess that can sort of count? I don't hate them by a long shot, but none of them really entice me as starter options, either.
  5. Basculin. There's just really nothing at all that stands out about it to me. It doesn't evolve to or from anything, and it's not really that interesting on its own.
  6. The fact that the Flabébé line isn't half Grass-type Probably it'd have to be Binacle and Barbaracle. Nothing against them, they're just super not my style.
  7. Ultra Beasts, just as a concept in general. I'm kinda really disappointed that Pokémon fell into using weird alternate dimension plot points instead of just not acknowledging the inconsistencies in the presence or absence of certain mechanics, trusting the understanding that the differences are motivated entirely by gameplay. That's really the main thing I don't like; Ultra Beasts are kinda just collateral.

Last edited:
Back