• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Have you ever rejected Lucario?

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Whilst Lucario is not my favourite fighting type rejecting him seems very mean and whilst I never really used mine preferring to train up an adorable Riolu if I ever want to use Lucario a free Mega Stone is very welcome.

If my Mega wasn't already decided (In the case of X Blastoise) I may have considered using him.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I couldn't reject it haha. I used it on my final team :thumbsup:

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
its ok to dislike certain pokemon as long as you dont do it becausee its popular thats make people hipsters and hipsters are some or the worst on the web cant realy stand them its also not ok to keep posting over and over and over how much you hate something that would be considerd trolling say it once then never take it up agin this site and many others would be much better if people just did just that

Sean Flame

*#@()@(!#¥{
Years
What I don't understand is that, HOW ON EARTH CAN SOMEONE REJECT A LUCARIO?? I mean, it's a friggin' LUCARIO! A LUCARIO!!!
Okay. I might sound like a weirdo up there, but.. *sigh*
Lucario and infernape are two of my all-time most favourite pokemon. And refusing one which literally is a sweeper when on steroids? I couldn't even dream of it.

So to answer the question, no I did not and will probably never will reject a free Lucario.

Years
I don't like Lucario, but during my first run of Y, I decided to use Pokemon that I didn't like that much, so I accept him as part of my team and even used him. Sadly, it didn't change my mind.
Now, every time I replay the games, I just reject the offer.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I took the Lucario, but I pretty much "rejected" it by throwing it in the PC box afterwards. That said I didn't really consider saying no since Pokemon games are well known for creating the illusion of choice, but forcing you to say yes anyway.

It was kind of a triple whammy of reasons why I didn't use it:
1. I don't really like using gift Pokemon.
2. I definitely don't like using fully evolved gift Pokemon.
3. I don't care for Lucario that much + had other Pokemon in mind at the time for my team.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 7, 2017
I never rejected a lucario is my favorite pokemon from all gens. Lucario is legit why anyone reject it

Years
No, I have never rejected Lucario. Granted, I was mildly annoyed initially simply because I had used Lucarios in both gens 4 and 5. I was ready to try something I had never used before like the fossil mons, and had to rearrange my team during my first play through of XY just to make room for Lucario. However, they personalized Lucario's character in XY to such a degree that the mere thought of rejecting him gives me a deep sense of guilt as a trainer.

He felt he had a great destiny and begged for you to take him with you and train him. I always try to respect that why I use him. And after all you are getting a perfectly good Pokemon. How big of a role he has will vary, but I always let him wage some battles in my name. He really pulled his own weight against Lysandre, oneshotting mega Gyarados with close combat and has gone to the Pokemon league with me.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
Years
I didn't have the heart to reject the Lucario during my playthrough of X since it showed its willingness to join my party and I think it was cute. :P It was also nice to get Lucario's pokedex entry without having to evolve a Riolu.

qiekenao8668

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 28, 2017
Torchic doesn't count since it was an event before ORAS and is now available to choose in ORAS.

I used mostly my Kalos starter.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
In my first playthrough of Y, I made him a member of my team. (His name was Scen, like "transcend" or "ascension".) On my second (still ongoing) playthrough, I wanted to use Pokemon I didn't before, so I took the Lucario, put him out of sight in a box, and pretended that getting him was "non-canon" and he stayed with Korrina this time. :P If I ever want to use him for a bit, I'll just say she let me borrow him again like on the tower.

Last edited:

LUXIOtheBEST

*Luxio//Hacks*'s New Account
Years
Lucario is a type of Pokemon that's really hard to reject in the Pokemon series. So no and I really enjoyed using him (or her) in battle.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
I've rejected Lucario few times - usually when doing some sort of monotype team that he wouldn't be a part of. But really, what I tend to do with the Lucario, if I don't plan on using it, is put it up on the GTS for a Fletchling. I'm always too lazy to catch one myself, and by that point in the game, I know that I'm going to eventually need a Fly slave, haha.

Years
I was also unaware you're allowed to reject it! When I replay through X soon which I'm planning to that is going to be a satisfying moment. I always rush through all the dialog of that part anyway as mega evolution doesn't exist as far as my personal Pokémon world is concerned. I always just boxed it as soon as I got it.

Back