• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An Adventure in Typing!

Years
Learn With Pokémon: Typing Adventure

Practise your typing skills in a fun, yet challenging way with Learn With Pokémon: Typing Adventure for Nintendo DS. Take on the rookie role of the latest member of the Elite Typists' Club and research over 400 Pokémon, including Legendary Pokémon such as Reshiram and Zekrom from Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version.
Using the included Nintendo Wireless Keyboard, your typing ability will be tested to the limit as you attempt to correctly type the names of any Pokémon you come across on your journey, which are then captured in your Typing Ball. The keyboard features a standard UK English key layout, and is available in white.
Assist Professor Quentin Werty and his assistant Paige Down with their research and try to find as many Pokémon as you can! This game is fun for both beginners and typing pros, letting you progress slowly at the beginning of the game, before moving on to trickier exercises later on. Complete the different courses, try to get a high score and increase your Typist Rank! As you progress and improve you can unlock up to 60 different levels, collect 180 medals and go in search of rarer Pokémon to study.

Anyone a fan of this? I loved it! It didn't teach me to type but did teach me how to pronounce the Pokemon names! I just loved that it was something different, it amazes me how they keep coming up with Leagues and Professors and such, even if they are a little cheesy! The game did actually get challenging for me later on! My fingers didn't work under the pressure!

I love the Typing Ball too!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
This was a thing? I've never heard of it before. It doesn't seem that interesting to me, sad to say. :(
It didn't get that wide of a release. :( It never came to America, which is a shame. I would have bought it for sure! I think because it's an "educational" game, nobody was that excited about it.

The music is great. My favorite track is the boss battle theme!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
The game came with a wireless keyboard made by Nintendo made specifically for the DS. There was also the option to use a keyboard on the touch screen, though I'm not sure how well that works to teach people how to actually type.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I heard about this game before. It seems interesting. If I were younger, I would probably give it a try, but not now.

I do like that typing ball though! Fancy.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
wat...I've never heard of this.
Well now I guess Pokemon has done it all aha.
Seems pricey for a children's game though :l

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
This is so...interesting haha. I wish I was a kid so I could learn how to type with it :x

lol jk but the boss battle music is addicting lol can't stop listening 8)

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
So i did not know this existed and looked up prices and I found one for under 30 dollars, but i'm torn on how much I would actually like this. I type ever so gracefully so I would really just be playing it for the fun factor... but is it really 29 dollars worth of fun SIGH

Years
If it's anything like any other typing edutainment games I've played (which okay, is only a small handful) .... I would probably be amused for like 10 minutes and then get bored, honestly. Although it's probably more due to such games not being as interesting to me now as they would have if I were younger.

Not exactly sure what I think of this, honestly. Can't say I'm surprised it exists in the first place though.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I tried playing it, it was surprisingly fun. {XD}

I believe it's better if the wireless keyboard is used, instead of pressing the touch screen from DS. :)

Back