• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

lukomon Pokédex released for iPhone/iPod Touch! Android coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I think a special promotional code just for me should be made.

All in all, a very professional looking app you've got there. I would actually buy it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2012
Blues003: At the moment you can view a Pokémon's location and if it only got a location in a specific game, that means it's exclusive to that game :-)

OK we decided on a 'tools'-section within the app which could contains tools like strengths/weaknesses matrix, IV calculator and stuff like that. That's something that you will see in an update. Right now we're focussing on just being there for Heart Gold and Soul Silver players.
*entering data*, *entering data*

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2010
For the location feature I hope if you can't get that pokemon in that game, i hope it says what game it has to be transferred from.

When will this thing be released anyway?

Coin

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 1, 2010
I'm going to buy it, just for the sake of buying it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2012
Hey guys!
Sorry, have been away for a while.. we have been working very, very hard on lukomon.

At the moment we're doing testing, inserting the latest data into our database (some Pokémon and berries), polishing up the interface and fixing some last bugs..
We implemented a 'game switcher' which let you switch games easily and updates game-specific info.

I added some screenshots to the first post ;-)
We hope to submit it next monday!

I will post a new description soon, which highlights all features.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2010
Hey guys!
Sorry, have been away for a while.. we have been working very, very hard on lukomon.

At the moment we're inserting the latest data into our database, polishing up the interface and fixing some last bugs.. we hope to submit it next monday!

I've updated the first post with some new screenshots!

After you submit it, is there a delay before Apple accepts it? And by next Monday you mean the monday after this weekend, right? :O

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2012
Hey KranuimRevolvos: we will try to submit it next monday, which is 29-03-2010 :-)
It will indeed take some days before it will show up in the App Store.

We will use those days to do some Android specific fixes.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
So the Android version won't be released on the same date? :( :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2012
So the Android version won't be released on the same date? :( :P

It will! With Android there isn't a delay before it shows up in the Market. We're going to try to time it with the iPhone release :)

I updated the first post with a new description. We hope you like it :-)

Last edited:

Shuckleman

The Awesome
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2010
Wouldn't you be breaking copyright laws? Couldn't Nintendo/Gamefreak/Creatures inc. sue you to poverty? Plus, you could get this info for free on the internet.

Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2010
Wouldn't you be breaking copyright laws? Couldn't Nintendo/Gamefreak/Creatures inc. sue you to poverty? Plus, you could get this info for free on the internet.

I think there aren't copyright problems (well, I guess you did some research, Kombo?). besides, there are already several pokedex apps in the App Store, so I guess there are no copyright problems.

And of course you could search for this info, but the sites i know all have dull design. Plus you have to be near a computer. When i'm playing pokemon (usually on the sofa downstairs) and i need help, I wouldn't walk upstairs to my computer. And, hopefully, thanks to this app, I can just use this app to search info I need while playing. It's like a portable pokédex, isn't that wonderful?

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2010
I have a cool suggestion: You should have a "welcome screen" type of the thing that shows what a pokedex looks like closed, then you have to tap to open it or flick the iphone to open it using the accelerometer. I think this would add to the whole "omg handheld pokedex" effect. Just my suggestion ;D

Unless of course it would be gimmicky, then don't do it :D

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Omg, Im getting and ipod touch in the coming week (keeps getting delayed, had to buy Beyonce Heat) and this would really satisfy me that I can bring Pokemon with in such a manner. Looks good so far.

Opalescent

Ninja Mapper
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2012
I'm a complete cheapskate so Ill be getting free version I'm afraid.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2010
Oh could you PLEASE add the chance you will find the pokemon in the area(s) it is found in, and at what levels too? PLEASEEEEEE I'd pay $10 for this featureee

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2012
Hey guys, thanks for the reactions :-)

Shuckleman: We did research to make sure there won't be any copyright issues.

Thanks Pokafreak :-) That's nice to hear. KraniumRevolvos: Thanks for the cool suggestion! And what exactly do you mean by adding chance to find pokemon in the area's? You can view which Pokémon you can catch in specific area's. Also Pokémon have a catch rate.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2010
Haha okay what I meant was, in specific routes etc, some pokemon are easier to catch than in other routes.

For example Zubat has a 40% chance of appearing on route 33 at night, at levels 4, 6 and 8, and has a 30% chance of appearing on route 3 at night, at level 5.

If that's not too much to ask D:
And if the app didnt have these features, i would still buy it anyways, but itd be really awesome if it did.

I got that info about Zubat from marriland, credit goes to him for the info.

Shuckleman

The Awesome
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2010
Copyright issues

Hey guys, thanks for the reactions :-)

Shuckleman: We did research to make sure there won't be any copyright issues.

Thanks Pokafreak :-) That's nice to hear. KraniumRevolvos: Thanks for the cool suggestion! And what exactly do you mean by adding chance to find pokemon in the area's? You can view which Pokémon you can catch in specific area's. Also Pokémon have a catch rate.

Pokemon IS owned by Nintendo, and your making money off of THEIR ideas. Isn't that breaking copyright? So what WOULD break copyright issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back