• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PTCGO: Help with TCGO software

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
Hi trainers,

I'm just wondering if someone can help me. I got a log in error when I tried to log in and I uninstalled the software which also deleted all of the TCGO files but when I try to redownload it I keep getting the could not access network location property.USER_PROFILE.

Does anyone know how I can fix it? I have loads of codes

Thank you in advance

Deb xo!

Years
Hi trainers,

I'm just wondering if someone can help me. I got a log in error when I tried to log in and I uninstalled the software which also deleted all of the TCGO files but when I try to redownload it I keep getting the could not access network location property.USER_PROFILE.

Does anyone know how I can fix it? I have loads of codes

Thank you in advance

Deb xo!

What operating system are you trying to install it on?

Years
Windows 10

Try the below steps to complete remove the game:

The majority of crash issues are resolved by doing a full uninstall. Unfortunately, the game does not always remove the all of its associated files when it is uninstalled. Reinstalling the game while those files are still present can create a conflict within the program and cause it to crash at launch.

Uninstall the game by going to your Windows Control Panel and selecting Programs and Features, selecting "Pokémon Trading Card Game Online" and choosing "Uninstall." Follow the prompts to completely remove the game. Next, follow these steps to ensure that no trace of the game's temporary files remain on your computer:

Go to the Programs and Features section your computer's Control Panel. Select the game and uninstall it.
Go to the directory where the game was installed. The default directory is C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData.
The game stores files in the following folders: LocalLow, Roaming, Unity
Go into the LocalLow folder and delete the "The Pok_mon Company International" folder.
Go into the Roaming folder and delete the "Pokemon Trading Card Game Online" folder.
Delete the "Unity" folder.
Empty your Recycle Bin.

Once you've completed this process, grab the latest installer from www.pokemontcg.com/download and reinstall the game. As mentioned above, there is a high likelihood that this will resolve your crashing issue.

These are the solutions for general crashing issues in the TCGO from the support.pokemon.com website, but they may well work in your case, too.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
Try the below steps to complete remove the game:

These are the solutions for general crashing issues in the TCGO from the support.pokemon.com website, but they may well work in your case, too.

I get the same error when I try to uninstall from programmes and features and when I go into the Pok_mon company folder there is only one folder called Pokemon trading card game online and that only has 2 video files in it (archetypes and avatararchetypes)

Any more suggestions?

And thank you so much for your time

Years
I get the same error when I try to uninstall from programmes and features and when I go into the Pok_mon company folder there is only one folder called Pokemon trading card game online and that only has 2 video files in it (archetypes and avatararchetypes)

Any more suggestions?

And thank you so much for your time

Use Programs and Features to try a repair by clicking "Change" instead of "Uninstall" with the Trading Card Game Online client highlighted in the program list.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
I got it! Thank you.

Instead of change I had an option to remove. It deleted all of the spare stuff that was there and I managed to reinstall it with no problems. I haven't tried logging in yet though as I had to go to work but thank you for all of your help. I really appreciate it ??????

Years
I got it! Thank you.

Instead of change I had an option to remove. It deleted all of the spare stuff that was there and I managed to reinstall it with no problems. I haven't tried logging in yet though as I had to go to work but thank you for all of your help. I really appreciate it ������

Before uninstalling the next time you get a login error, try searching around to see if the servers are offline for some reason or another. It's a popular enough game that someone, somewhere will probably be able to tell you if they're having the same problem you are.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
The majority of crash issues are resolved by doing a full uninstall. Unfortunately, the game does not always remove the all of its associated files when it is uninstalled. Reinstalling the game while those files are still present can create a conflict within the program and cause it to crash at launch.

Uninstall the game by going to your Windows Control Panel and selecting Programs and Features, selecting "Pokémon Trading Card Game Online" and choosing "Uninstall." Follow the prompts to completely remove the game. Next, follow these steps to ensure that no trace of the game's temporary files remain on your computer:

Go to the Programs and Features section your computer's Control Panel. Select the game and uninstall it.
Go to the directory where the game was installed. The default directory is C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData.
The game stores files in the following folders: LocalLow, Roaming, Unity
Go into the LocalLow folder and delete the "The Pok_mon Company International" folder.
Go into the Roaming folder and delete the "Pokemon Trading Card Game Online" folder.
Delete the "Unity" folder.
Empty your Recycle Bin.

Once you've completed this process, grab the latest installer from www.pokemontcg.com/download and reinstall the game. As mentioned above, there is a high likelihood that this will resolve your crashing issue.
TCGO is hilariously badly done, software should never be installed to AppData folder, it's meant for software's user profiles. Correct default install directory would be Program files. The uninstaller should always remove all associated files.

Years
TCGO is hilariously badly done, software should never be installed to AppData folder, it's meant for software's user profiles. Correct default install directory would be Program files. The uninstaller should always remove all associated files.

On the flip side, at least it doesn't require admin permissions to run. And I mean that the account using it doesn't have to have admin access to the machine just to play the game, only to install it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jan 16, 2016
Yeah they install it to apps data to go around UAC but they could do the same thing by installing it to C:/games which has the same effect and makes it much easier for removal. But I used to run mmorpg game servers so we looked into the best ways to get around UAC without installing it to appdata so it was easier for people without tons of experience to install and troubleshoot.

Back