• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéStop Nomination Beta System finally arriving

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Hurrah! Only took a couple years to reach a beta stage for something already available in Ingress. :V

Years
So happy this is finally happening! Hopefully it will help out players in areas that don't already have a high density of pokestops/gyms (and hopefully they'll have some kind of system to prioritize reviewing submissions from areas with no/very few pokestops over major city centres etc. with a lot of them)

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
About time! I only have one pokestop where I live which makes hunting hard. If I had to pick another pokestop, it would be either the war monument close to a church social hall or a fire hall nearby.

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
Sssssiiiiiiii! I'll be able to propose pokéstops!
Those abandoned fluvial ferries and those silos
with graffiti below will become pokéstops! And
so will a few other locations in places where pokéstops are few, like Niue-wait...what?
Lv.40?!?!?
Niantic, why? Is it because someone decided
to turn a bunch of chewing gums sticked on the pavement into a pokéstop?
... well, even if I'll probably have to wait 3000 years,
I can still propose descriptions for existing pokéstops...
which they will probably ignore or never see.
Hurrah! Only took a couple years to reach a beta stage for something already available in Ingress. :V
Huh...? I didn't see any utility to propose portals on Ingress... let me guess, it requires high leveling there too, does it not?
Also, I've just read "Natural features such as landscapes, mountains, waterfalls" are not
eligible... what the heck Niantic? Are you going to remove the Limu pools, the sole pokéstop of Niue?
... whoops, there's a sign there! Looks like the Limu pools won't be going anywhere!
support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com said:
(however, man-made points of interest connected to these natural features are great, such as plaques or informational signs)

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Huh...? I didn't see any utility to propose portals on Ingress... let me guess, it requires high leveling there too, does it not?
I don't play Ingress but yes, I believe that is the case.

I imagine they may open it up to trainers lower than level 40 eventually (they say as much on their website); it is a beta system after all. Depends how many submissions they get I suppose from just level 40s.

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Years
I don't play Ingress but yes, I believe that is the case.

I imagine they may open it up to trainers lower than level 40 eventually (they say as much on their website); it is a beta system after all. Depends how many submissions they get I suppose from just level 40s.
They're all going to propose chewing gums sticked on the pavement...
IncredibleLightAfricanharrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

I want to cry...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm excited to be level 39 honestly! It means I'm gonna hit that awesome level 40 zone muuuuch sooner than most ;)

But the good news? We have a freaking million level 40's here so we're gonna be raking in the stops lol

Last edited:

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Years
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? Forgive me for the bump, but I ran into the first screenshots of the utility's beta version.
? I can't be too sure, but from the looks I'm assuming one has to be on said location in order to propose it.
? No way I'm taking planes to propose stops around the globe... I guess Niue and other places will most likely remain with a sole pok?stop,
? quite a shame for a place where actual Pok?mon coins are MINTED AND USED!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Back