• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] Ye Olde D20 Tavern: PokeCommunity's Dungeons and Dragons Club

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
dndmobile-br-1559158957902_1280w.jpg

Greetings, adventurers! Welcome to the Ye Olde D20 Tavern!

The Ye Olde D20 Tavern was created as a way for D&D players from across the forum, Adventurers and Dungeon Masters alike, to discuss the tabletop RPG and share their stories and creations. New to D&D? No problem! There will be plenty of people here to help you get aquainted with the game, from ability scores to picking a class. Whether you began with it's humble origins, playing 5th Edition or anything in between, there will be something here for everyone!

Commandments

Thou shalt obey all PokeCommunity Rules

Thou shalt not disrespect those who are new to the game, as you were once them yourself

Thou shalt be entitled to thine own opinions

Thou shalt not advertise in this group

Thou shalt offer help when it is requested

Thou shalt have fun!

Registration Form Example

Player Name: TheGhostHunter

Favorite/Most Played Edition: 5E

Favorite/Most Played Class: Cleric

What got you into D&D: College Club

Membership Roll

TheGhostHunter (Founder)
Decibel575
VisionofMilotic
fayt_Darkblade

Last edited:

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
Years
This seems fun, I've only really played one game though. I want to try more, but I have no group. Maybe I'll be able to find a group here

Player Name: Decibel575

Favorite/Most Played Class: Rogue

What got you into D&D: Friends

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
This seems fun, I've only really played one game though. I want to try more, but I have no group. Maybe I'll be able to find a group here

Player Name: Decibel575

Favorite/Most Played Class: Rogue

What got you into D&D: Friends

Hi there! I'm currently in a group myself, but I hope that you can find one that you can have a good time with.

Years
Just when I was thinking about creating one D&D club by myself.

Player Name: Janp

Favorite/Most Played Edition: D&D 3.5 and 5E, Dračí doupě and Superhero Homebrew that I've talked so much on this forum already that about 50% of my posts must be about it

Favorite/Most Played Class: Thief/Rogue

What got you into D&D: Friends in elementary school

I'm currently testing the waters of Solo Roleplaying. Have any of you heard about it/ tried it? It's fun especially if you don't have a group to play or just want to play short campaign in your free time.

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
Years
Just when I was thinking about creating one D&D club by myself.

Player Name: Janp

Favorite/Most Played Edition: D&D 3.5 and 5E, Dračí doupě and Superhero Homebrew that I've talked so much on this forum already that about 50% of my posts must be about it

Favorite/Most Played Class: Thief/Rogue

What got you into D&D: Friends in elementary school

I'm currently testing the waters of Solo Roleplaying. Have any of you heard about it/ tried it? It's fun especially if you don't have a group to play or just want to play short campaign in your free time.

Solo Roleplaying? Is that really possible? It sounds like it would be fun, but the element of surprise would be gone, wouldn't it?

Years
Solo Roleplaying? Is that really possible? It sounds like it would be fun, but the element of surprise would be gone, wouldn't it?
The element of surprise is replaced with the element of randomness. You use something called Oracle that emulate GM. It's a bunch of tables where you roll for what you need to know. You can ask "Yes/No" questions, generate random NPC, NPC reactions to your actions, events or even the whole dungeon, including encounters, treasures, traps, ... with it. You still need to use your imagination to glue everything together, but I still find it interesting. There are also some books that help you convert existing materials, like 5E modules, to play solo.

I'm currently using Scarlet Hero rulebook and this is how the basic Oracle looks like in it:
Spoiler:

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
The element of surprise is replaced with the element of randomness. You use something called Oracle that emulate GM. It's a bunch of tables where you roll for what you need to know. You can ask "Yes/No" questions, generate random NPC, NPC reactions to your actions, events or even the whole dungeon, including encounters, treasures, traps, ... with it. You still need to use your imagination to glue everything together, but I still find it interesting. There are also some books that help you convert existing materials, like 5E modules, to play solo.

I'm currently using Scarlet Hero rulebook and this is how the basic Oracle looks like in it:
Spoiler:

Sounds difficult to pull off. I'll have to try it someday.

Side note, I'll be DMing for the first time in October (my dad's birthday) for a campaign known as The Haunt. I know it's a bit early to be talking about spooky D&D stuff, but I would like to know if anyone has run/played The Haunt before and some advice on running the campaigning or DMing in general.

Years
Been meaning to join this one

Player Name: Sam (at least for now)

Most Played Edition: 3rd edition.

Most Played Class: I have been a ranger quite a bit.

What got you into D&D: It was a college club for me too.

If I can add my favorite alignment to play as, I think chaotic neutral is a lot of fun.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Been meaning to join this one

Player Name: Sam (at least for now)

Most Played Edition: 3rd edition.

Most Played Class: I have been a ranger quite a bit.

What got you into D&D: It was a college club for me too.

If I can add my favorite alignment to play as, I think chaotic neutral is a lot of fun.

No problem with adding your alignment. I'm currently playing Lawful Good, but been meaning to explore other alignments.

Years
No problem with adding your alignment. I'm currently playing Lawful Good, but been meaning to explore other alignments.

Lawful good is the alignment I get most often on personality tests when I answer what I would personally do in a situation, and not as my character. I guess I have the secret desire to bust out and walk on the wild side, going with someone neutral of maybe evil some day. Muwahaha!

Years
Screw it, let's give this club thing a try.

Player Name: gimmepie

Favorite/Most Played Edition: 5e

Favorite/Most Played Class: I've only played each class I've played once (Rogue, Artificer and Bard). So far Bard is my favourite.

What got you into D&D: I got dragged into a game by my girlfriend and now she can't get me to shut up about it sometimes.

On the topic of alignments, I prefer playing chaotic alignments but I don't really have a favourite for which of the three. I suppose it's a preference because I get to act in a way that I'd often like to but generally am not allowed to.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I want to join this club, I really do, but I only ever played D&D in such informal circles that I don't even really know what any of the editions are other than 5e. Plus it was many years ago. But oml, I had sooo much fun! I was drunk 95% of the game and played as a Drow time traveling gunslinger named Kiwi Tequilla. Would love to bring her back some day. <3

Years
I want to join this club, I really do, but I only ever played D&D in such informal circles that I don't even really know what any of the editions are other than 5e. Plus it was many years ago. But oml, I had sooo much fun! I was drunk 95% of the game and played as a Drow time traveling gunslinger named Kiwi Tequilla. Would love to bring her back some day. <3

She sounds like fun. Time travelling though? Whats the backstory there.
My current character is a Tiefling Bard who also happens to be totally mute... we had to tweak some of the spell rules for that lmao.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years

The current campaign I'm in has Pax (Fantasy France) doing some kind of time travel experiements that the government doesn't know about. Using some kind of rock on one of the character's hand, we managed to travel back thirty years where my character got drunk (she's 24) where we found out that we have to keep the King's son from becoming king (even though he was dead for 300 years). After that, we somehow landed six years in the future where things get even worse because of the Raven King.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
She sounds like fun. Time travelling though? Whats the backstory there.
Trust me, I would love to say she was a well developed and beloved character and that I took endless time to craft Ms. Tequila into the best she could be but.. uhh.. >_>

Idk man I got nothing. I was drunk and had just finished watching Trigun in like 2010 so there ya go. She was woefully out of character for a Drow, didn't actually time travel at any point in the campaign, and pretty much did nothing but rob her teammates.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Since I'll be starting college classes again soon, let's talk about mental health. As anyone who knows someone in college or been through college themselves, mental health is not exactly pristine during this time. Between assignments, relationships and family life, college can take a toll on your mental health. Discussion aside, let's get to the question at hand.

Has D&D impacted your mental health? If so, how?

I can say that D&D did make a mental impact on me. I've been on the ASD Spectrum (Asperger's) and had been dealing with anxiety for a while now and I guess the D&D sessions had helped me come out of my shell, whether it be pointing something out to the party or getting help on something that I wouldn't understand. On the topic of anxiety, I guess that knowing that even when you think that it will be impossible to, in my case, defeat a stone golem and rescue one of your party members, you can do it.

Years
I guess my D&D group probably has some degree of positive impact. It gives me something look forward and provides a great excuse to spend time with some cool people, several of whom I don't see around as much otherwise. We're on a bit of a hiatus atm though which is a shame.

Years
Sounds difficult to pull off. I'll have to try it someday.
It's not that difficult. You're basically both GM and only player of the campaign.

Anyway, my current character is (or probably was, because GM went silent and we haven't heard about him for weeks) was Neutral Evil Gnome Cleric named Bellamin Lightouch, who always tries to get revenge on someone who he thinks wronged them. This revenge is usually many times greater than what was inflicted to him. He can get really obsessed with his victim and destroy their whole life, even if it means years of work. His thought process is basically: "You refused to sell me an apple for cheaper than your normal price, so I'll destroy your business by sabotaging your goods and kill your family."

Even though I only played as Bellamin once I enjoyed playing as him. I think I'll use him again one day.

And as for the mental health question... I think it made me really nostalgic for the time I used to play each week with my friends irl. And it makes me sad when I realize that I'll probably never get those people in one room ever again to play one more, but all the memories makes up for it.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
It's not that difficult. You're basically both GM and only player of the campaign.

Anyway, my current character is (or probably was, because GM went silent and we haven't heard about him for weeks) was Neutral Evil Gnome Cleric named Bellamin Lightouch, who always tries to get revenge on someone who he thinks wronged them. This revenge is usually many times greater than what was inflicted to him. He can get really obsessed with his victim and destroy their whole life, even if it means years of work. His thought process is basically: "You refused to sell me an apple for cheaper than your normal price, so I'll destroy your business by sabotaging your goods and kill your family."

Even though I only played as Bellamin once I enjoyed playing as him. I think I'll use him again one day.

And as for the mental health question... I think it made me really nostalgic for the time I used to play each week with my friends irl. And it makes me sad when I realize that I'll probably never get those people in one room ever again to play one more, but all the memories makes up for it.

Same. There was talks about my current campaign ending or going online instead of in person. Kind of sad to not be able to get around a few cafeteria tables to enjoy each other's company (espically the Bard). At least I'm enjoying another one-shot and the shenanigans that go along with it.

Back