• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where did you Start?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
LeafGreen! That was like one of the first video games I'd ever played too so it basically changed my life

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
technically yellow, but i didn't get past brock and then lost my cartridge. i played the stadium games, snap, and puzzle league a lot, though. and then my first real dive into the main series was sapphire.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
Pokémon Platinum :))) It gave me SUCH a hard time back then, but I learned a lot with it! I remember my beloved Empoleon, then only Pokémon I used through all the game xD Classic newbie mistake.
I want to replay this game so much, but I lost my cartridge :c

Years
i started with firered. fun game. funny story, i didn't know how to level up my other pokemon nor do i have the patience to do so hehe. i went to the elite four with a blastoise only. gary's venusaur was a pain, i tell you.

Years
The first game that I played was Yellow, though it was my cousin's copy that I just borrowed for a bit. A pre-owned copy of Gold was the first game that I owned, and Sapphire was the first brand-new game that I had.

Years
Silver is the game I technically played first. It was my brother's copy though, so I wasn't allowed to play it often, but I'm counting it, anyway.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
Years
Gold, together with a GBA for Christmas 2001. It wasn't my first ever game but still my first Nintendo game, and surely it is one of the games I'm most nostalgic for.

Last edited:

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
Years
Pokemon Red, still have my cartridge and I should still have the box and instruction booklet... I remember loving reading it over and over for some reason.

Years
Pokémon Crystal!

My cousin was living with my grandparents and I went to visit them one day and saw he had a game that was about pokémon. I watched a show on TV that was called pokémon, so it must be pretty cool! So I played it a bit on his Game Boy, picking Cyndaquil. I then remember asking my parents for a Game Boy for my birthday which I would then take to their house and I remember asking my cousin to borrow his pokémon game which he said I could keep as he never played it.

It's kind of a bit hazy as this was a long time ago when I was very young but it roughly went like that!

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
first game I ever played was Fire Red, only for a short time, maybe a month or so, then somehow the game got lost when I moved homes.

Didn't play any other Pokemon game until I bought Black 2 with my own money, I started buying some older generation games to 'catch up' a bit... I have a different copy of Fire Red

pkmin3033

I started with Pokemon Red, which I believe I got for my birthday that year...that was an exciting birthday. God I miss being that young.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years
Started with Yellow. Didn't actually own a Pokémon game until I got a GBA and Silver for my birthday when I was 8 or 9, but for years before that I would always borrow my step-aunt's GBC and her copy of Yellow. I can't count how many times I had to start the game over before I finally convinced her to let me keep the game long enough to beat the elite four.

Back