The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover PokéCommunity Daily
Greenlit Fan Work Showcase: Pokémon Discovery

PokéCommunity Daily The article workshop for PokéCommunity Daily. Pitch your ideas for PC Daily articles here.

Old 1 Week Ago (10:31 AM).
Author Of Tales

Nature: Adamant
Pokémon: Discovery was a ROM hack with a fantastic concept that was really popular a few years ago. Recently the creator has given their permission for someone else to bring it back from the dead.

The article could start off with a generic introduction about the story/reasons people liked it, accompanied by a bunch of screenshots of gameplay from the old beta. We can also get some input from old and new members of the development team - we could ask the new project owner what kind of plans they have, what we're going to see in their future versions, etc.

Le pug, the original creator has a job where he's away for long periods of time thus he isn't online much from what I've seen, but I'm sure if we managed to contact him somehow he might like to say a few words too. The previous co-owner of the hack, Tcoppy, is still around from time to time so we might have a slightly better chance of hearing back from him!

Here's a link to the project's thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo
notification <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bela
notification <3

Luna <3

Relevant Advertising!

Old 1 Week Ago (5:53 PM).
怖くて敵わないよ

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avara View Post
Pokémon: Discovery was a ROM hack with a fantastic concept that was really popular a few years ago. Recently the creator has given their permission for someone else to bring it back from the dead.

The article could start off with a generic introduction about the story/reasons people liked it, accompanied by a bunch of screenshots of gameplay from the old beta. We can also get some input from old and new members of the development team - we could ask the new project owner what kind of plans they have, what we're going to see in their future versions, etc.

Le pug, the original creator has a job where he's away for long periods of time thus he isn't online much from what I've seen, but I'm sure if we managed to contact him somehow he might like to say a few words too. The previous co-owner of the hack, Tcoppy, is still around from time to time so we might have a slightly better chance of hearing back from him!

Here's a link to the project's thread.
Yes please! +1 from me, always up for these kinds of articles. Few things:

Will this look to be one larger article with all of your ideas mentioned, or will this be a potential collection of smaller articles, each going into each area into perhaps a bit more detail?
Old 1 Week Ago (6:12 PM).
Author Of Tales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabinov View Post
Yes please! +1 from me, always up for these kinds of articles. Few things:

Will this look to be one larger article with all of your ideas mentioned, or will this be a potential collection of smaller articles, each going into each area into perhaps a bit more detail?
The original idea was to have them all in one article, but it could be more interesting to do a showcase article on the hack alone and then do an article each or joint one for speaking to the old and new owners as more in-depth interviews? If that would be preferred =)

Luna <3
Old 1 Week Ago (6:14 PM).
怖くて敵わないよ

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avara View Post
The original idea was to have them all in one article, but it could be more interesting to do a showcase article on the hack alone and then do an article each or joint one for speaking to the old and new owners as more in-depth interviews? If that would be preferred =)
It's not necessarily a case of preference our end - it's whatever you guys want to do, just chucking it some potential considerations out there, as it were. I mean in terms of preference, I'm leaning towards one larger article which will then feature one part per page, as it were.
Old 1 Week Ago (6:18 PM).
Author Of Tales

Aye no worries, in that case I'm fine with it being one article if everyone else is on board x

Luna <3
Old 1 Week Ago (7:04 PM).

Nature: Quirky
definitely +1, one article would be good to start but we can talk about further ones later if the interest is there. let me know if you need any help writing or proofreading xx
Old 1 Week Ago (7:12 PM).

Hack of the Year and Hack of the Month should be wrapping up soon. I'm hoping articles can be done on those as well!
With that said tho, for right now I think Discovery is a great choice. It's definitely a unique premise with an interesting morality system. I look forward to it the article :]
Old 1 Week Ago (9:49 PM).
Team Player

Nature: Calm
Not a bad idea! I had no idea this hack ended development. It's been on my list of games to cover but I am working on one for Reborn right now, and the next will be Stars. After that I was going to choose out of what else I had in mind.

Its not everyday a creator lets someone finish their work so I think this is worth covering.

Especially with how original the hack already is.

I'd be up for helping if your looking to write this!

Quick Reply