• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Opal [FULL GAME RELEASED]

X1C377

is back?
Years
If you'd like somebody to check the spelling and grammar of your in-game text for you, I can do that. According to the standardised tests I've taken, my reading and writing has been at a college level since I was about 11 or 12 years old. I'm fifteen now. ;)

You may also feel free to bounce any ideas you may have off of me, and I'd gladly help you dream up some events. I do have an IRC client installed, so if you frequent a server/channel, let me know and I'll drop by every once in a while.

I support this hack.

EDIT: Side note. I'm LOVING the music. (:

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Guess who? :D
Iv'e been watching your progress since you have started this game. I can see you are a very talented scripter. People do care about this game but its when the producers don't deliver for a long time, people just start losing interest. I think you need someone on your team who can help you with storyline so that youll have a lot of fun scripting on your hands. I now support this hack! Good luck with the Beta 3.
Well, the producer is going to start delivering! I have ideas again! :D
I check this thread every day hoping for updates. I definitely support this hack.
Sweet!
If you've like you can talk to me about your ideas so far and I can help you come up with something.
Sure. I'll try to do that every once in a while. ;)
If you'd like somebody to check the spelling and grammar of your in-game text for you, I can do that. According to the standardised tests I've taken, my reading and writing has been at a college level since I was about 11 or 12 years old. I'm fifteen now. ;)

You may also feel free to bounce any ideas you may have off of me, and I'd gladly help you dream up some events. I do have an IRC client installed, so if you frequent a server/channel, let me know and I'll drop by every once in a while.

I support this hack.

EDIT: Side note. I'm LOVING the music. (:
You're an awesome beta tester for CrystalDust, and I can't wait for you to have a Shining Opal product for you!
Nice Hack the tittle screen looks awsome :P
Generic, but thanks anyways.
Updates - 10/30/2010

It may not be that much, but here's a YouTube video of something I started work on Thursday (wow, I'm getting fast):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLBPEids0TM
Make sure to comment, rate, and subscribe, as well as post here!

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
I don't mean to criticize, but on the title screen, Mew has large, pointy ears. Now, contrary to common belief, ;), MEw has ear's like a cat's.

Sorry to dissapoint, but when I first saw your titlescreen, I racked my brain for what was wrong with it, and then found it.

Everything else is looking really good though, keep it up!!

Oh, and sorry for the double post, but I read that you're having troubles with new ideas for places. I'm originally a mapper (not a scripter, even though I can script) and so I can help, if you need it. Just PM me when you need an idea and I'd be glad to give you my thoughts. Or help, ever since I went solo again, I've been looking for easy and fun stuff to do.

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
I don't mean to criticize, but on the title screen, Mew has large, pointy ears. Now, contrary to common belief, ;), MEw has ear's like a cat's.

Sorry to dissapoint, but when I first saw your titlescreen, I racked my brain for what was wrong with it, and then found it.

Everything else is looking really good though, keep it up!!

Oh, and sorry for the double post, but I read that you're having troubles with new ideas for places. I'm originally a mapper (not a scripter, even though I can script) and so I can help, if you need it. Just PM me when you need an idea and I'd be glad to give you my thoughts. Or help, ever since I went solo again, I've been looking for easy and fun stuff to do.
Don't worry, I've got inspiration again. :D
Also, the "Mew" on the title screen is actually a Mikachu, a blend between a mew and a Pikachu. If you'd read the features list, you would know ;)

X1C377

is back?
Years
Great video, mate. ;)

Most certainly, beta-testing is pretty fun in itself. :3

I can't wait for you to put forth a finished product either, but I will have to for it to be any good, won't I? :)

PokéFox

Learning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2010
I'm not sure if the game just works like this, or if it's a flag that didn't set or something, but after I get Mikachu from Prof. Rio and go back to talk to my mother in the game, her text is still the same. "...all boys like battling with pokemon etc etc prof. rio was looking for you etc etc"

I was expecting her to say, "You and your pokemon look tired. You should take a rest." Like all other mothers in the games. Just saying, in case it's something you might've forgotten.

Sierraffinity

Years
Great video, mate. ;)

Most certainly, beta-testing is pretty fun in itself. :3

I can't wait for you to put forth a finished product either, but I will have to for it to be any good, won't I? :)
Thanks for the compliment.
And yeah, the finished product will take some time.
It would be nice if people would post comments on the video too, though...
I'm not sure if the game just works like this, or if it's a flag that didn't set or something, but after I get Mikachu from Prof. Rio and go back to talk to my mother in the game, her text is still the same. "...all boys like battling with pokemon etc etc prof. rio was looking for you etc etc"

I was expecting her to say, "You and your pokemon look tired. You should take a rest." Like all other mothers in the games. Just saying, in case it's something you might've forgotten.
Hmm... I haven't played Beta 2 in so long, so I have no idea about this. In any case, the PC heals your Pokémon for you.
Also, minor update: you can no longer deposit Mikachu into the PC or release it. :3
Except for one glitch with it, which I'm still trying to sort out, it works fine.

PokéFox

Learning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2010
I'm at the end of Beta 2, and the only problem I've found so far is that Hoppip doesn't evolve. Or at least it won't evolve. I've gotten the evolution screen for it evolving, but it just suddenly stops evolving by itself. It'll begin evolving, then stop give me the messages: "......?"

EDIT: Same with Ledyba.

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
I'm at the end of Beta 2, and the only problem I've found so far is that Hoppip doesn't evolve. Or at least it won't evolve. I've gotten the evolution screen for it evolving, but it just suddenly stops evolving by itself. It'll begin evolving, then stop give me the messages: "......?"

EDIT: Same with Ledyba.
Well, that's lucky. If it actually evolved, the game would freeze because of another glitch. :/
Don't worry, Beta 3 is on a new game base and everything works as it should.
Also, a note to everyone: Before I release the Beta 2 Redux, how about I release a preview with the same length as Beta 1 (Saren City)? Please vote by posting.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I have some constructive criticism for you. I like this hack and I like the idea of a Mew/Pikachu splice but I think you should have a different story about how you obtain it. I find it weird how the professor gives it to you like a normal starter then runs and says he forgot it's a legendary. I don't have any ideas but if it were up to me, I'd go with a scientific experiment kind of story, like how Mewtwo was made. Anyways it's a great hack and I hope it's going well.

Sierraffinity

Years
I have some constructive criticism for you. I like this hack and I like the idea of a Mew/Pikachu splice but I think you should have a different story about how you obtain it. I find it weird how the professor gives it to you like a normal starter then runs and says he forgot it's a legendary. I don't have any ideas but if it were up to me, I'd go with a scientific experiment kind of story, like how Mewtwo was made. Anyways it's a great hack and I hope it's going well.
Funny story about that, actually.
Beta 3 has a completely different backstory and is much better and was actually thought out. :P
Remember, I was around, say, 11 years old when I released Beta 2.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Oh good! Can't wait to see it! Wait, beta 2 was released years ago? Weird, it still seems a bit recent.

SilentWing

クロバット
Years
I also vote for a beta 1 redux with the new base. :)

After playing through CrystalDust, I've come to expect quite a bit from ya. No pressure, of course -- just saying, you have some raw talent.

Sierraffinity

Years
I also vote for a beta 1 redux with the new base. :)

After playing through CrystalDust, I've come to expect quite a bit from ya. No pressure, of course -- just saying, you have some raw talent.
Well, I've decided that a Beta 1 redux would be pointless, considering I just want to release a Beta 2 redux, and that would only add barely any more gameplay than a Beta 1 redux.
SO I've decided to go the full 9 yards and just release a Beta 2 redux after I've finished Klindor City again. I'm aiming for a hopeful 1-year anniversary release (anniversary of the restart, at least) which is the day before my birthday!
Mewchu? Just a suggestion :D
Mewchu (as well as Pikamew) have already been taken by other hacks, sorry.

Sierraffinity

Years
Progress on Shining Opal is continuing as we speak.
Actually, I'm at the second gym and, if progress keeps going at this rate, Beta 3 will (hopefully) be released on or around my birthday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2012
just reporting a something thats happening in beta 2

i try to use the thunder stone on a pikachu to evolve it, and once it evoles into raichu the game freezes.

just thought i would mention something

Sierraffinity

Years
just reporting a something thats happening in beta 2

i try to use the thunder stone on a pikachu to evolve it, and once it evoles into raichu the game freezes.

just thought i would mention something
Yes, there is a glitch that prevents the evolution of any Pokémon in Beta 2.
Don't worry, the glitch will not be present in B3 or the Beta 2 redux.

Back