• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTG

Burning shooting star!
Years
oh ok, i was 'bout to say. xD
though, i need to watch some eps of flint and volkner some more to get to know them alittle more. right now, i like i posted before, i'm doing a crossover of them playing a game together. a game to die for!

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
According to Pokemon Smash, it was apparently stated that Ash already knows Serena, and has met her else-ware before. Make of that what you will. :P

Shōko Nakagawa on Smash mentioned he had met her already in the past, and the other cast members on the show asked "where?", but he didn't give an answer. Apparently she's a rookie trainer too, but that was kinda to be expected.

This has potential. XD

Is this true? If so, all I can say is "Wow!".

I read a post once that was speculating/wishing that they'd make Shauna a childhood friend that Ash once new that he'd meet up again in Kalos.

If this is true, then this would mean that they might do something like this, but with Serena.

For the most part, we almost never learn anything regarding Ash's past before he became a Trainer. This outta be very intriguing. Would certainly lead to a lot of interesting stories, both Anime and fanfiction-wise.

I can't wait to find out more. :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
You know , I tried people kept telling that Kids Anime like Pokemon shouldn't have any Shipping !
Specially when Doraemon has romance even though it meant for ever younger audience then Pokemon.
I mean , Look at this-

180px-Nobita_Shizuka03.jpg

If I wish something like this in Pokemon then there will be some people telling Ash is just 10 year and this scene is not suitable for Pokemon Audience.
Doraemon even made a Whole OVA about Nobita & Shizuka's marriage .
So As I see , Pokemon is an Anime that need Audience and a huge part of fandom is a shipper So The Anime should use shipping rather then get rid of it in order to make Pokemon a Kids Anime .
I believe People just think of Dating and other heavy romantic stuff instate of A simple romance when anybody mention Shipping

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
There's a difference between shipping and canon romance. The Pokémon fandom enjoys shipping, but the anime needs no romance.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
There's a difference between shipping and canon romance. The Pokémon fandom enjoys shipping, but the anime needs no romance.
Romance actually isn't anything new in the Pokemon series, so it CAN fit, easily too. After all, Pokemon falls into the Shonen genre of anime anyway. It's not like it would be hard.

We saw girls had feelings for Ash in Kanto, Johto, Battle Frontier, Pokemon The Movie 2000, Hoenn, a FEW times in DP and Pokemon Heros.

I understand that Shipping is different from Canon, but romance, although to a small degree, would actually make the series interesting. It doesn't need Clannad levels of romance lol.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
It seems that Ash and Serena, at the very least, were passing acquaintances when they were younger. But from the short little flashback of her's, he might have left a good impression on her.

However, given the fact that it's confirmed that Clemont's little sister Bonnie is stern in her desire to find her big bro a wife he's 10 what the hell idk, if Serena did have a thing for Ash..it would eventually switch over to Serena x Clemont. I dunno, just a feeling i got.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Plot Twist : Ash isn't clueless About Romance !
He understand the concept of Love and Notice other girl feeling for him but he decided to pretend to be oblivious Because He's already has a secret crush on his Childhood Friend Serena and he didn't wanted to confront other girls .

Just Kidding !!!!

However , I hope Ash & Serena's relationship isn't like Ash & Dawn where Serena show Open Admiration toward Ash .
Since they are childhood friend , I want them to act like Childhood friend .
Like , Ash & Serena calling each other by special nick name and Ash trying to show off his maturity only to get Tease by Serena and Both of them start arguing.

Basically like How Ash & Misty will act if they bump into each other now.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I still say DiodeShipping is going to be big. (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・

In other news, I was looking for a little notebook to take to work and found one with mostly-done CaféMocha fic that I didn't remember writing. I might publish that. Bookends, you know- did a fic soon after Dent appeared and could do one right after he left.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Diode is Ash/Clemont! There's already fanart appearing on my tumblr dash and it's really cute and I think they'll get along really well but probably fight a lot and their relationship is going to be really cute whether you interpret shippy or not (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・

[click pics for source]

"…You fall from Heaven?"

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
For Shipping Sake , I hope Serena will be like Gwen (Ben 10) , Akane (Ranma1/2) Or Misty !!!
If She start treating Ash formally Or gently like May/Dawn then this shipping will be over before it begun.
Since they are childhood friend , I would love if She & Ash has ''Love & Hate'' relationship first .

Years
I come bearing gifts! I obviously don't know the context of this scene so don't shoot the messenger!

ezimba12228240809900.png

I think this is the first time Ash has been taller than his female companion. Also, the favorite name for Ash x Serena is Kalosshipping. Spread the word!

Last edited:

Lucreciatwo

A Mewtwo Lover
Years
If I had to do a canon shipping, I would support the Mewtwo from the previous ones with the one from the 16th movie. (is shot)

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Haha you beat me to it Empoleon.

I wonder what the context of that scene is? Is it a "I'm Serena, remember me?" kind of thing, or it a intentionally misleading scene in which she's only excited to me his Pokemon?

Lazer

Geek in the Pink
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
I don't know about you people, but I love the Conjunction Shipping with Saturn and Mars.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Ash x Serena is already super popular it seems. More so than precious Diode ;~;.

Got a healthy dose of OpticShipping tho so all's good in my world. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back