• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Elimination Challenge!

Hacki101

I use too many smileys.... :P
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
In this challenge you can only ever have 1 Pokemon of any type (If you have caught Sigilyph you cant have Emolga as they are both Flying) and if a Pokemon faints you can never use their type(s) again! You must battle through each game to completion (E4 Champion or Red) without having all your types eliminated. Choose your Pokemon wisely!

Basically here are the rules:

1) You can only use one Pokemon of each type
2) If your Pokemon faints it is released/ boxed forever
3) If your Pokemon dies you cannot replace it with another of the same type
4) Game over if all your Pokemon die
5) No legends

Optional rules:

1) If your Pokemon dies you cannot use the same type MOVES as the Pokemon that died ever again
2) You can only have 10 types
3) NO HM slaves unless you cannot get past the object with any of your Pokemon
4) You must train 6 Pokemon equally in your team once you have assembled it (recommended)
5) If a Pokemon of dual typing is used you may choose 1 of the types to eliminate instead of both

Hacks are not preferable but are allowed as long as the hack is finished and has a definite finishing point.

Sign-Up Form:

Name: Hacki
Game: Black
Optional rules used: 3 and 4

List of Challengers:

Spoiler:

The Ones Who Have Failed: (will be automatically added to this list if not updated in a month) :)

Spoiler:

List of Champions:

JESPOKE (Yellow)
CAREFULWETPAINT (Emerald)
DARKSUALC (Emerald)

Awards: (I encourage to make your own unique ones as well as dish previous awards out)

Longest Serving Friend:
The Pokemon that was at your side the longest.
Jespoke: Poison (Nidoking)

Most reliable OHKO'er:
A Pokemon that you could rely on being able to defeat opponents quickly.
Jespoke: Flying (Dodrio)

The positive surprise:
A Pokemon that by far exceeded all expectations.
Jespoke: Fighting (Hitmonlee)

Haters still hating:
The Pokemon that the forum didn't think had a chance but came through.
carefulwetpaint: Durzo (Flygon)

The Steady Sailor:
The Pokemon that was always the slowest but was always still on top in battle.
Darksualc: Fire(Torkoal)

The 'Wall':
Awarded to the Pokemon most likely to take a few hits.
Darksualc: Water(Azumarill)

Heart Stopper:
Awarded to the Pokemon that is so 'hawtttt' it makes your heart stop made your heart miss a beat 1 too many times by cheating death.
carefulwetpaint: Vi(Gardevoir)

The Reliable Bro:
The Pokemon that was always going to win. Always.
carefulwetpaint: Kylar(Blaziken)

Enjoy the challenge guys and be sure to update, I like reading them!

Last edited:

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
I have a LOT of challenges going on right now, but i wan't this challenge to get running so... I've my "Emulator while not recharging" time free, so i'll do it on... Gold. (DS roms run slow if im not recharging)

Name: Jespoke
Game: Gold
Optional rules used: 4 and 5

Starter: Cyndaquil (Fire representative)
Rival: No way!

Hacki101

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
Added you to the Challengers list. Have fun!

Time for my first update:
  • Chose Oshawott as my starter as it is the second best water type in gen 5 in my opinion behind carracosta but that is part rock and I want a different rock Pokemon. Emboar is outclassed by Darmanitan which also lets me use another Fighting type. Seperior is alright but i prefer another Grass type.
  • Caught Lillipup as you need 2 Pokemon after the 1st gym and it is the best Pokemon available around now and Stoutland is almost as good as Bouffalant anyway.
  • Defeated Cheren and Bianca easily
  • Defeated Chilan with Lillipup and a few Potions
  • Then disaster struck so early- Was swept by +2 Att Overgrown boosted Vine Whip from Cheren's Snivy.
  • Restarted the game :( and did everything the same except for a got a worse Lillipup ability and nature wise :( but trained Lillipup more than Oshawott because it is more useful at the start of the game
  • Defeated Chilan easily
  • Then failed to kill a bideing Patrat which was left with 1HP and had to choose to sacrifice Lillipup or Oshawott :(
  • Patrat killed Oshawott- I need Lillipup for Cheren.
  • Grinded Lillipup into a Herdier.
  • Caught Munna because I had to (Munna> Purrloin> Pansear) to get past the twins double battle
  • OHKO both Cheren's Pokemon :D Revenge is sweet.
Impressions:
Normal
Herdier Lv.17
Take Down
Tackle
Work Up
Bite​

Was stronger than Oshawott in both playthroughs although +SpAtt -Speed is helping no-one. He is the staple of the team and is my Pokemon to go to when needed.​

Psychic
Munna Lv.14
Psybeam
Lucky Chant
Yawn
Defense Curl

Is alright I guess, havn't really used her much but Psybeam is good- a vast improvement on Psywave anyway. -Sp.Att nature also sucks.

Water(Eliminated)
Oshawott Lv.12
Water Gun
Cut
Water Sport
Tail Whip

Disappointing to lose him, good enough against lesser trainers but really wasn't that helpful against stronger opponents. Shame I had to waste one of the best types in the game but I needed Lillipup/Herdier for Cheren.

Types yet to use: Flying, Fire, Ghost, Grass, Electric, Dark, Ice, Ground, Dragon, Bug, Rock, Fighting, Poison, Steel

jespoke

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
First update on Gold run

- Started the game with the Cyndaquil Fire
- Did opening stuff
- Caught Flying the Pidgey, and Poison the Zubat (using optional rule 5)
- Beat sprout tower, evolving Fire
- Beat Falkner
- Continued my journey
- Caught Ground the Sandshrew
- Got through Union cave
- Disaster struck me by the last trainer: I lost all of my team, except Poison the Zubat! :(
- Out of frustration, i superspeed'ed back and forth so long that the egg hached
- Caught Psychic the Slowpoke
- Grinded and beat Team Rocket
- Confuse Ray hax saved Poison from death, and won me a Hive badge
- Headbutting around for a Heracross

Team:

Poison (Zubat) lv 20
zubat.png

Bite, Leech Life, Confuse Ray, Supersonic

Normal (Togepi) lv 16
togepi.png

Swift, Charm, Metronome, Growl

Psychic (Slowpoke) lv 15
slowpoke.png

Headbutt, Water Gun, Curse, Tackle

Types:
Grass, Bug, Fire, Water, Ice, Electric, Psychic, Ghost, Poison, Rock, Ground, Fighting, Normal, Flying, Dragon, Dark, Steel​

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
I will sign up but I need to clear my UMC first (which I haven't yet started..)

But just to clear things up, correct me if I'm wrong. You go through a game or games in the case of an Ultimate using only One Pokémon and once or if that Pokémon faints say it's a Bulbasaur you cannot use another grass type and you then move onto another type say Poison i.e Weezing and you can only use 10 types or the challenge is failed.. correct? (and if it's an ultimate can you use 10 different types for every game?)

Hacki101

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
- Disaster struck me by the last trainer: I lost all of my team, except Poison the Zubat! :(

Hiker Anthony! I have had trouble with him before, always catching you off guard! This kind of thing reminds me of bad times Nuzlocking, but probably why I enjoy these types of challenges so much.

But just to clear things up, correct me if I'm wrong. You go through a game or games in the case of an Ultimate using only One Pokémon and once or if that Pokémon faints say it's a Bulbasaur you cannot use another grass type and you then move onto another type say Poison i.e Weezing and you can only use 10 types or the challenge is failed.. correct? (and if it's an ultimate can you use 10 different types for every game?)

I will sign you up when you start. You are allowed all 17 types unless you use the corresponding optional rule that limits you to 10. Your example with Bulbasaur is partially correct as, yes, if you obtain Bulbasaur you cannot obtain another Grass or Poison type Pokemon (so you couldn't catch Weezing) unless you used the optional rule where you can choose which of Grass and Poison Bulbasaur counts as.

If its ultimate you start each game as if you start from a blank plate.

Hope that clears things up!

jespoke

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020

No, you can use a full team of Pokemon, just not the types you've already in use/previously used.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
I would also like to try, I'll be playing Platinum. I'll probably use Optional Rule #5. Update Later

Hacki101

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
Added Porygon Z and misteryman1 to the challengers list.

I have made it to the second gym so expect an update soon.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
EPIC UPDATE

~ Started the game.
~ Named myself Matthew, chosen Pikachu.
~ Made my way all the way up to the Pokèdex.
~ Got some Balls.
~ Pikachu is dead D:
~ Catched a male Nidoran.
~ Grinded all the way up to Lv. 14.
~ Brock is done! Nidoran evolves.
~ Made all the way through Route 3 and Mt. Moon.
~ Arrived in Cerulean.
~ Made all the way up to Bill's house, got Charmander and evolved him.
~ Defeated Misty! Nidorino evolves.
~ Made all the way through Routes 5 and 6, arrived in Vermilion.
~ Lots of training in Route 11 and S.S. Anne, Drowzee catched and evolved meanwhile.
~ Defeated Lt. Surge! Got Squirtle.
~ Made all the way up to Lavender Town. Charmeleon and Squirtle evolved.
~ From there, lots of training, up to Celadon's Gym Leader. Traded Charizard to teach him Fly.
~ Defeated Erika!
~ Back in Pokèmon Tower, finish my business here, got the Pokè Flute.
~ Saffron City, got Hitmonlee.
~ Lots of training in Routes from 12 to 19, Snorlax catched and Wartortle evolved. Full team!
~ Did my business in Safari Zone, got a couple of HMs.
~ Defeated Koga!
~ Cleaned all the Silph Co. from Team Rocket.
~ Defeated Sabrina!
~ Lots of training in Sea Routes and Pokèmon Mansion.
~ Defeated Blaine and Giovanni!
~ Made my way through the Badges check.

Ready to pass through Victory Road!

My secret? Lots of switching in battles :D

006.gif

Lv. 49
- Fly
- Mega Punch
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake

009.gif

Lv. 49
- Surf
- Withdraw
- Ice Beam
- Skull Bash

034.gif

Lv. 50
- Horn Drill
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Fissure

097.gif

Lv. 48
- Psychic
- Hypnosis
- Headbutt
- Meditate

106.gif

Lv. 50
- Hi Jump Kick
- Meditate
- Mega Kick
- Rolling Kick

143.gif

Lv. 48
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Rock Slide
- Amnesia​

Hacki101

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
Going on holiday for 2 weeks until April 24th with limited/no internet so wont be able to update challengers/champions list in that time.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
Super Quick Update!

-started platinum
-did beginning stuff
-choose Turtwig as my started named pappi
-began journey

Types:
-Grass-

jespoke

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
Sorry, i'll have to drop out. I have too many challenges i want to do, so I'm removing/finishing some.

Hacki101

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
Added pokepokemo and Slash Arena added to challengers list. Removed jespoke from the list.

Update:
  • Caught Blitzle in the grass whom i have never used before, should be interesting. I chose him over Galvantula as the spider is overrated in my opinion and is the worst bug type in the game (I have have done a Bug monotype). Tynamo is too difficult to evolve but Eelektross is very strong and would of been used. Stunfisk I didn't think about and Emolga only just lost out to Blitzle due t earliness you can catch Blitzle
  • Helped Cheren defeat Team Plasma (I hate Patrat's after the last update)
  • Caught my 4th team member, Roggenrola. I have used him before and Gigalith is amazing to have at Lv.25 with all the late evolutions in this game so hopefully he will survive until then. Plus I needed him fro Aloe so I chose him over the fossils and I have a better Bug type than Crustle up my sleeve.
  • Made my way through Route 3 without problems with a bit of grinding.
  • Caught Timburr in Pinwheel forest as again Conkeldurr at level 25 is crazy (I love trade evolutions). This was a tough one to choose as it came down to personal preference over Throh. Sawk is frailer so wouldn't be that great in this or Nuzlocke. I also like Scraggy but didn't really want to lose the Dark type yet.
  • Beat Aloe with a mixture of Roggenrola and Timburr more easily than I thought I would.
  • Caught Sewaddle in the forest the most underrated Pokemon in the game imo. It is only really weak against Fire, Flying, and Bug but is super effective against 6 types, plus it has a good Att and Speed Base stat when it evolves plus access to Leaf Storm, Leaf Blade, X- Scissor and Swords Dance by level up :)
  • With a complete team I moved through the inside forest without much problem and Sewaddle evolved into Swadloon at Lv. 20
  • Made my way to Castella and up to route 4.
  • Caught a Darumaka to beat the gym. Dropped the worst member of my team, Blitzle.
  • Burgh got owned.
  • Bianca got owned, as did Cheren.
  • DISASTER struck in the form of a Blitzle in the Desert Resort. The trainer also had a Darumaka who I had taken out with Roggenrola who hit Lv.25 so i would of switched him out for evolution purposes to Swadloon as he had about 60% health and I didnt want to risk him. However, I forgot about Flame Charge so quickly switched him back in walling the move. But Blitzle being BLITZle was quicker than me that surprisingly knocked out my Roggenrola with Shock Wave crit. In hindsight, I didn't realize how low Roggenrola's Sp. Def was. Timburr finished off the fight to also hit lv 25. Timburr evolved as you might expect but then new to gen V (I think) so did Roggenrola! (usually one 1 pokemon evolves at a time and fainted Pokemon don't evolve) but I cancelled it.
  • Ironically Blitzle was called back up to the team.
  • Blitzle then died in one hit to an Audino as I tried to train him up >>
  • Evolved Gurdurr into Conkeldurr :D
  • Taught Sychronize to Munna over Psybeam thinking it was a normal move so Munna now has no decent attacking moves.
  • Swadloon evolved into Leavanny :D.
  • Decided to go catch a Trubbish to make up the team as there are no decent Poison types in this game apart from Scolipede.
  • Caught a Trubbish in the dark grass at almost same level as my team, a double mistake.
  • As i tried to get out the dark grass a Liepard and Minccino attacked. Thinking Leavanny was quicker I ran but could not escape due to -Speed nature :(. Leavanny then got double teamed by them both and fainted :(.
  • Realized Trubbish had overwritten Acid Spray for either Swallow or Stockpile so he sucks. :(
  • Audino trained a bit (Apparently I need it!)
Impressions to follow.

Current team:

Munna Lv. 26

Synchronoise
Return
Moonlight
Yawn

Munna has been my defensive/ support Pokemon, being able to inflict sleep and capable of taking many hits. However, replacing Psybeam for Sychronoise was a massive mistake- I dont see the point of Sychronoise can someone explain it? Return was taught so it could do some damage but is very weak as Munna is heavily biased to the Sp. Att side. Yawn is my opinion is more effective than Hypnosis and is useful for catching Pokemon. I am pleasantly surprised with Munna as a Pokemon and has been reliable so far, however, its use will now be limited until I find a decent TM or learns something by Level Up. 7/10

Trubbish Lv. 26

Take Down
Sludge
Stockpile
Swallow

I cant wait to teach this guy Acid Spray by heart scale! It is pretty poor so far as Sludge does not do a lot to anything. A lot like Blitzle in that it is only strong in Speed and nothing else, but at least it has better defense than Blitzle. Also no Toxic Spikes :(

Conkeldurr Lv. 28

Wake-Up Slap
Rock Throw
Leer
Strength

Massively Physical and was reliable as a Timburr but now is some kind of monster. All it needs now is some decent moves and this guy will be the ace in my pack for a while. The pokemon to turn to if I am in trouble and rarely lets me down. Done well so far! 10/10

Herdier Lv. 27

Return
Rock Smash
Crunch
Work Up​

Quite a quiet Pokemon due to being a normal type but has been reliable and strong when needed. It is quite often the Pokemon with the lowest overall Exp. Points due to not being switched into a type advantage. I will not forget its importance at the start of the game though and I am looking forward to it evolving. I am bit annoying I got Sand Rush as my ability though. 8/10​

Darumaka Lv.27

Fire Punch
Work Up
Fire Fang
Facade

Adamant nature Darumaka is amazing! Teamed up with Hustle this thing will OHKO pretty much anything but the not very effective ones. Its problem however, lies with Hustle. I am not sure how much it actually needs the attack boost and the accuracy drop is very frustating and will probably end up dying because of this ability. So far so good and hopefully that can contine for a long time. 9/10

The Deceased:

Leavanny Lv 26 - Sad this guy has gone was very strong and although he probably wouldn't of made the end due to a random Aerial Ace or something, I wished he would of stayed longer. 7/10​

Roggenrola Lv 25 - Should be a Gigalith and the tank of the team now, very disappointed he is gone I wanted him until the end. Shame. 7/10​

Blitzle Lv 19 - Not good at all, couldn't do damage, couldn't take a hit, leveled up slowly. Very poor 3/10 I wouldn't recommend using him.​

Oshawott Lv 12 - See last update, I never keep my starter in Nuzlocke/ Elimination :(​

Last edited:

yuki3056

Grass Types own
Years
so let me get this straight. If I have Infernape which is Fire/Fighting I can't also have Lucario which is Steel/Fighting or do I pick one type of the pokemon and not get another of that one type for either of the two types of the other pokemon? Like the optional rule number 5?

Hacki101

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
so let me get this straight. If I have Infernape which is Fire/Fighting I can't also have Lucario which is Steel/Fighting or do I pick one type of the pokemon and not get another of that one type for either of the two types of the other pokemon? Like the optional rule number 5?

Under normal rules you wold not be able to have both Lucario and Infernape as they both share the Fighting type. Infernape will be your allocated Fire AND Fighting type and no more Fire or Fighting types can be obtained.

However, if you are playing with optional rule 5 then if you choose Infernape to be your Fighting type Pokemon, you can also have Lucario as your Steel type.

I hope that helped. Hyperblast81 I look forward to your update :D you have been added to the challengers list.

Back