• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Prism Cup (Challengers Welcome)

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
I am in agreement. Also, if anyone else has prizes to contribute, it will only make victory that much sweeter.

PicPax

Quite Fulffy and Perpetually Triggered
Years
I assume this is where I post? Well, my preferred Battle Format is Singles and I decided that I would use my two favorite Types; Poison and Steel. Let's just hope I don't come across 20 Garchomps.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
I assume this is where I post? Well, my preferred Battle Format is Singles and I decided that I would use my two favorite Types; Poison and Steel. Let's just hope I don't come across 20 Garchomps.

Welcome to the League! I don't think TGM will be bringing a Garchomp, but should you and I lock horns, I will be sure to stretch the muscle that hurts you the most ;) So far he and I are the only 2 participants who can use Garchomp.

Looks like Cyclone is the last to confirm. I asked if he'd be willing to contribute any crown jewels from his collection to our prize list as well. Otherwise, we are nearing our sweet spot for registrants - ideally, I'd like to get 16 (see the link for the brackets where I've illustrated the tournament with 16 battlers). We can accomodate 18, so that will be the hard cutoff, but 16 will allow everyone to participate in Week 1, whereas 18 will require certain members to wait until week 2 for their first battle.

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
id be interested in this :D I have just about got my team together

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
Fire and Electric please? and I would say im more at home in doubles, but can do okay in singles

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
I'd like to enter :D .

I'm most familiar with Singles.

EDIT: Do I pick types real quick? And is so can I use any types or only types that have been not yet selected?

Gotta pick from the available types. I'll put you in for Singles. Welcome!

Fire and Electric please? and I would say im more at home in doubles, but can do okay in singles

I'll put you in for Doubles and mark Fire and Electric off for you XD

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
Hate to be a pain, would it be possible to change Fire to Bug please? :)

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
Years
Just curious in the description it says it's not allowed to counter opponents signature pokémon. Now I have nothing against that.

I'm just here because I would like to know what are your favorite and signature pokémon?

I think a lot of people here can guess mine:P

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
Guh, One hour of editing later
OKAY FOLKS, Rub Thighs has upped the ante and committed about a dozen additional prizes to the pot, and Zekrom has made some contributions as well. The spreadsheet has been updated, we now have 35 prizes and counting.

Just curious in the description it says it's not allowed to counter opponents signature pokémon. Now I have nothing against that.

I'm just here because I would like to know what are your favorite and signature pokémon?

I think a lot of people here can guess mine:P

Gallade, Slowking, and Crobat, yeah?

Mine are Altaria, Excadrill, Swampert and Goodra these days.

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
The one thing I have about the not counter teaming someones signature mon (an interesting idea to be sure) is what if someone has not stated what the signature mon is, but later trys to call someone out on it?

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
It's really hard to call someone out on counter teaming. It comes down to how familiar the opponents are with each others' teams. It would be very easy, for example, for Polar Spectrum and I to counter each other, because we've battled each other upwards of 2-300 times since October.

At the same time, it's equally difficult for one of us to "counter team" the other because we know the secret threats and are usually prepared for each others' shenanigans.

Back