• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PTCGO: Playing pokemon with my son

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Aug 12, 2018
Hey everybody my son is 7 and got into Pokemon TCG so i read for several hours to get an idea of what was going on with this game. Really cool game it turns out...as if you guys didn't know already. So now we are building decks to compete against eachother. (trying to stay in standard format to make it easier by just getting newer cards). He wanted Pikachu so i got him started with 3 Pikachu, 3 Raichu GX, 3 Raikou, 4 Tapu Koko GX and 1 Tapu Lele GX. 30 supporters and 16 energy.
I wanted to have some close games with him so i didn't go with fighting or water. I'm going with 3 Turtonator GX, 3 Charmander, 3 Charizard GX and 3 Drampa GX. using double colorless and rare candy. Does this sound like a close fight to you guys?

Years
Hey everybody my son is 7 and got into Pokemon TCG so i read for several hours to get an idea of what was going on with this game. Really cool game it turns out...as if you guys didn't know already. So now we are building decks to compete against eachother. (trying to stay in standard format to make it easier by just getting newer cards). He wanted Pikachu so i got him started with 3 Pikachu, 3 Raichu GX, 3 Raikou, 4 Tapu Koko GX and 1 Tapu Lele GX. 30 supporters and 16 energy.
I wanted to have some close games with him so i didn't go with fighting or water. I'm going with 3 Turtonator GX, 3 Charmander, 3 Charizard GX and 3 Drampa GX. using double colorless and rare candy. Does this sound like a close fight to you guys?

Your deck might actually be better if he doesn't know how to use the cards he's got very effectively. Tapu Lele GX is as expensive as it is because its primary use is for its Ability to bring supporters to your hand when you put it into play, so while it's attack is solid it's better used as a setup for his other GX cards.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Aug 12, 2018
thanks...ya he is very good with his cards. With our pieced together decks we have now we were in a very close match and he let his only Tapu Koko get knocked out just so he could use Mareani to bring him back and take a couple hits until he could charge his Pangoro and win his last prize card. It was impressive lol i don't mind if he wins everytime as long as i can compete. Charizard is obv gonna take forever to get going.

Bradaction

TCG player - 34th Brisbane Regional Championships,
Years
thanks...ya he is very good with his cards. With our pieced together decks we have now we were in a very close match and he let his only Tapu Koko get knocked out just so he could use Mareani to bring him back and take a couple hits until he could charge his Pangoro and win his last prize card. It was impressive lol i don't mind if he wins everytime as long as i can compete. Charizard is obv gonna take forever to get going.
Play rare candy to make Charizard quicker, or don't play charizard at all and play Salazle GX instead lol I can't spell but if you do stick with Charizard, play kiawe to make Energy attachment easier.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Neither has a type advantage so it should be pretty much fine in that sense.

Back