• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completion

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Ok so my reasoning for this thread is that I can be very obsessive when it comes to classing my video games as "complete'. I'm wanting to know - at what stage do you define your pokémon games to be complete? Is it when you defeat the Elite Four? When you re-match them? A certain level of pokédex completion? It can be anything.

For example I am currently playing through LeafGreen in the GBA slot of my DSLite. I have decided to have a copy of each pokémon obtainable in the game (I can't trade) in my pc boxes, including pre-evolutions, and so far the only ones missing are Chansey, Kangaskhan, Tauros, Blissey and Suicune. I've also chain bred a few moves onto pokémon to move to Gen IV, used all the move tutors to teach moves to the pokémon who can pass them on the most, bought up multiple Porygon due to being flush with cash, and am now completing the fame checker. My main debate right now is whether or not I will be satisfied if I don't obtain the missing 5 although I hate Safari Zone mechanics and I know the Suicune will have terrible IVs.

So yeah, hopefully I'm not the craziest person here?

Years
I consider Pokemon games complete when I've beaten the Elite Four and explored any post-game areas/story available, for example completing the Sevii Islands in FRLG.

pkmin3033

Generally, it's when I've done the postgame content, if there is any. It used to be when I'd completed the Pokedex, but as that has gotten more and more tedious and time consuming as the years have gone by - and with most Pokemon being unobtainable in the games unless you trade - I've scaled back my definition a bit.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
My definition of complete is getting every star on the trainer card or in Sun/Moon's case, getting every stamp on the passport. Although, I've never done that because most games require completing a battle facility.

I stop playing a Pokemon game when I've become champion, completed every post-league quest/area (not including battle frontiers/facilities), caught every in-game legendary, completed the national pokedex and trained my team to level 100. The only reason I would go back to a game after that is for shiny hunting.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I consider the game complete when I've beaten the Elite Four, explored the after game, caught all the legendaries, and have done everything the game has to offer for me. If I've played the game more often, getting to that point of completion is much easier. Only now I've started to set these goals for myself such as completing the Pokédex.

blue

gucci
Years
when i've defeated the elite four and the credits have rolled is when i consider the game to be completed. anything postgame stuff is just extra.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I don't have time to complete pokedex, so finishing every post-game would consider Complete to me.

Back