• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palladium

2012 FTW!
Years
Well, I think Chingling look less like Chimecho then Mantyke with Mantine.
Anyways I do have to admit that Mantyke is basically a smaller, gill-less, bluer version of Mantine

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
First of all, that House video was hilarious. I need to get back into watching that show.

I kind of get where Chuu is going with Mantyke and Mantine, but I don't think I agree. I mean I always felt the very point of baby Pokémon was to add a more cute naïveté to the family. Yes many of these families in fact are already cute, but think of it this way:

125.gif
466.gif

In my opinion, Electabuzz and Electivire look kind of scary. You may disagree but I'm sure overall they were meant to have a sort of tough and angry appearance. Now look at this:

239.gif
125.gif
466.gif

In a way Elekid sort of completes the family by giving it a childishness. Electabuzz and Electivire are angry, buzzed-up fighters that are ready to go out and put the hurt on the next Mantine you see.
Elekid on the other hand is more like a mischievous tyke. It may kind of look like Electivire, but that's because it will grow up to become an Electivire, not because it is an Electivire. Right now it is rather innocent and cute and the only time it would ever hurt someone is to play some sort of electrical prank.

Mantyke, I think, is a way of saying, "look at Mantine as a child before it was so serious and hard-working. D'awwwwwwwwwww." Mantine may not be a cute youngster itself, but in my opinion that's all the more reason to give it a baby form, so you can show a cute youngster version of Mantine that is not quite Mantine yet. Just to see how it was before it became boring and ugly what it is today.

Disclaimer: I don't actually think Mantine is ugly at all.

Side note: On the other hand I don't see what purpose Chingling serves, but hey that's okay. xD

Palladium

2012 FTW!
Years
Well, I suppose you're right after all, look at Magby, he's so cute ...
Anyways, I still can't picture MimeJr. => Mr.Mime / Ms.Mime

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
All I'm concerned about are the stats at their final evolution, so unless the baby gets noteworthy moves that the parent doesn't, I tend to ignore the baby altogether. At most, it's another Pokemon you have to breed to get a complete Pokedex.

Years
Seeing as we're talking about evolution, I actually have a little fact for you that I discovered via a YouTube video.

Spoiler:

And I love Sawsbuck and Deerling's changes in appearance throughout the seasons.

My fave Sawsbuck form is the winter one.

586Sawsbuck_Winter_Form_Dream.png

I mean, look at its cuddly white fur!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Why diglett was ruined for me, but then brought back to greatness.

I always enjoyed Diglett and Dugtrio. They were fairly useful Pokemon with simple designs. The other day I noticed the white spot on their noses... I've never really noticed them before and they really didn't bother me or anything, they're reflections or something. But then I thought to myself, where is Diglett's mouth? And the spot came to mind. I know that the spot isn't it's tooth, but I just realized how dopey the Pokemon looks with it being one tooth and a big oval pink mouth....

I needed to get that out..

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Are you sure that white spot your talking about is'nt the sun reflection. Diglett dosent have a mouth.

Just because you can't see Diglett's mouth doesn't mean that it's not there. I think it's hidden underneath its fur.

And as for the OP: the white spot on their noses are just reflections.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I think that those who believe that the white spot on Diglett's nose (or the whole nose) is it's mouth haven't had any experiences with shading and reflections.

And also, look at this:
MDP050.png

The white spot is gone, left no tracemarks or anything. Meaning that it can't be Diglett's mouth. :/

Mentalii

Back
Years
I don't believe Diglett or Dugtrio have a mouth :pink_smile:
Where would it be ? And I think even developers don't know !

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I agree with Vappy here on that it probably does have a mouth, but that its nose covers it. It wouldn't really make sense if he didn't have one then again though this is Pokémon we are talking about lol

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I've always believed that the big red thing is their nose and their mouth is... well, I never gave it much thought, actually :P I don't use Diglett at all actually *faints*

My question is, how do they use Scratch/Slash? I don't recall seeing anything closely resembling claws on them...

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Well they're ground Pokemon so perhaps their skin is rougher than it looks and they scratch the opponent by swiping them with their body!

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Perhaps using their....ninja feet? You know its there but you can't see it. xD

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Nah what Andy said is actually exactly what I thought as well XD Cause since they are so fast and stuff.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I remember a picture of someone from the anime holding a Diglett...they just put their hands underneath the dirt and picked it up. Now I wanna know what that last inch of Diglett looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back