• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Any Pokemon Editor would: PEP, YAPE, GBAPGE or a Hex editor.
Just saying: 0 or 1 is the minimum, and 255 is the maximum (Chansey and Blissey's exp yield)
Anything higher requires ASM and massive reworking of the game's code...or a look-up table.
But that's irrelevent for just simple edits

Well,My friend actually asked: "how to change the experience value after beating a pokemon, eg, When the player beat rival ,the player's chamander's experience value should increases by 70, but now I want to change the value to 1000, is it possible?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Well,My friend actually asked: "how to change the experience value after beating a pokemon, eg, When the player beat rival ,the player's chamander's experience value should increases by 70, but now I want to change the value to 1000, is it possible?

Like I said, you've got to change the pokemon's, in this case Charmander's exp yield.
But since you want a specific number like "1000", you've got to make some calculations:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Experience#Experience_gain_in_battle

Just look at the formula for Gen 3, and work backwards to find what exp yield would give the player's pokemon 1000 exp

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2023
Can someone please help me out? I'm trying to edit Ruby with Advance Text, but whenever I load the rom in Advance Text it only shows up to route 101, and even then it doesn't show any text for most options. I tried searching PROF. BIRCH, Hello, and even Pokemon, but no search results show up. I downloaded Advance Text again, and another Rom (Fire Red) but it has a similar problem. Is there something I'm supposed to do in order to edit text?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Can someone please help me out? I'm trying to edit Ruby with Advance Text, but whenever I load the rom in Advance Text it only shows up to route 101, and even then it doesn't show any text for most options. I tried searching PROF. BIRCH, Hello, and even Pokemon, but no search results show up. I downloaded Advance Text again, and another Rom (Fire Red) but it has a similar problem. Is there something I'm supposed to do in order to edit text?

It matches text EXACTLY. Meaning if you want to find POKéMON, you have to search exactly for that.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
I have a question with a good amount of parts lol.

The ideas i have, i want to make sure they are possible., and how i would go about doing them.

• New Items
    how would i add these and make their abitlities, like pokeballs with less chances, and more, ones best on some types, like for dragon it has a higher chances but for the others itll have like a pokeball chances/
  • New Badges
    I want to create new ones and replace some.
  • New Attacks
    How would i go about making new ones, and the animations being inserted.
  • New Abilities
    Like Darkrais Ability(kinda needed)
  • Bank System
    Self explanatory lol. But like have a person and machine as options.
  • Add more slots in the PokeDex
    Like lets say FireRed only has the 151 from 1st gen, and i want to take the time to do add 2nd gen.
  • New Evolution Stone
    I want to add megas but i am not sure that firered has the capabilities to do the transformation in battle only, so theyd be like separate pokes.
  • On-The-Go-Healing Sytems.
    Like you step on a tile, talk to a person, click on an item and you get healed.
  • Make Some Moves Stronger or Weaker
    How do i edit moves.
  • Create/Replace Hm Moves and TMS
    a bit self explanatory, but also how would i do the mechanics for the outside of battle uses like how strength you move the boulders wherever you want.

I appreciate the help :3

Edit: just noticed the map for fire red has switching? for the sevii islands how do i change all the maps?

Years
  • New Items
    how would i add these and make their abitlities, like pokeballs with less chances, and more, ones best on some types, like for dragon it has a higher chances but for the others itll have like a pokeball chances/
Adding new items is possible, but there is very little research into the creation of new Balls, so the only way you could do that would be with your own independent debugging and assembly. Follow this tutorial for the creation of new items.

• New Badges
    I want to create new ones and replace some.
Technically it'd be very difficult, as you'd have to completely revamp the routine that loads the badges on the Trainer Card etc., but with workarounds and such this could be possible. Very few people have researched into Badge flags though. Replacement should be easy though, if you're just talking about the name and appearance, as you can just edit the sprite using unLZ GBA.

• New Attacks
    How would i go about making new ones, and the animations being inserted.
This tutorial and the tutorials listed here are what you're looking for.

• New Abilities
    Like Darkrais Ability(kinda needed)
You'd just need to make your own using ASM. DoesntKnowHowToPlay and MrDollSteak are probably the guys you want to ask.

• Bank System
    Self explanatory lol. But like have a person and machine as options.
Depending on how advanced a system you want, you'd need to either implement a RTC to your hack to use interest. Otherwise, simply storing, withdrawing and depositing money is very possible with variables, the paymoney and givemoney commands, and some logic.

• Add more slots in the PokeDex
    Like lets say FireRed only has the 151 from 1st gen, and i want to take the time to do add 2nd gen.
If you do some searching around you might be able to find the offsets for where the dex order is stored. You may also want to check out the 649 Patch and this research thread.

• New Evolution Stone
    I want to add megas but i am not sure that firered has the capabilities to do the transformation in battle only, so theyd be like separate pokes.
This tutorial is what you're looking for, but you might want to rethink having mega-evolutions work as actual evolutions: there's a reason game freak didnt want the evolutions to be permanent, and it's the same reason why you can only activate one mega stone per battle.

• On-The-Go-Healing Sytems.
    Like you step on a tile, talk to a person, click on an item and you get healed.
Just create a script that has special 0x0 in it.

• Make Some Moves Stronger or Weaker
    How do i edit moves.
The best attack editor at the moment is the Attack Editor included in Gamer2020's GBA Pokémon Game Editor.

• Create/Replace Hm Moves and TMS
    a bit self explanatory, but also how would i do the mechanics for the outside of battle uses like how strength you move the boulders wherever you want.
I don't believe anybody has worked out how to create more TMs without there being adverse side effects, however you can always replace what move a TM teaches by using the tool called Item Manager.

just noticed the map for fire red has switching? for the sevii islands how do i change all the maps?
This is controlled by some bytes which I cannot remember the location of.

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
I got it to work. At first when I changed it, it didn't work, but it turns I changed a different palette that happened to have the same colors as the item bag background, so I just searched for it again in the hex editor, and changed it from there.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
thanks man you were a lot of help! :3 i really appreciate your help man!

and regarding the bank system, yes just like deposit and withdraw, how do i make it where when someone gets a certain amount if the talk to a certain person they get a prize?

"just noticed the map for fire red has switching? for the sevii islands how do i change all the maps?
This is controlled by some bytes which I cannot remember the location of"

Does anyone know about the map question?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Can anyone help me ? i use advanced sprite editor to replace pokemon image. After done and write to rom, i reopen to check it ,it only appear colour but no image on it. please help me .thx

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Can anyone help me ? i use advanced sprite editor to replace pokemon image. After done and write to rom, i reopen to check it ,it only appear colour but no image on it. please help me .thx

First off, you are using the "Advanced Series" sprite editors right? If you are, good stuff.
Second, when you press "write to rom", you are pressing "find free space" right? Then afterwards, "set write offset" right?
Because if you don't do it in that order, the sprite won't even save. So...just double check that you've done that, or reinsert the sprite.
------------------------

Okay, time for a question, so I need to change the cry on the title screen.
However there is only space for 1 byte, and I need 2 bytes because my new cry is Rayquaza. Now I don't really want to change an old cry to Rayquaza's cry.
So what edits to the ASM would need to be done to allow for 2 bytes?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 16, 2015
I've pretty much gone nuts searching for a way to make it so that Shedinja has more than 1 HP in Pokémon Emerald, so I guess I'll go out on a limb and ask here. If anyone has any info regarding this it would be greatly appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2023
Is there something you have to do before altering text with Advancetext? I have the program running, but it refuses to show any text in the edit box. I can click on it and type text, but not save anything. This is after loading up a clean Ruby rom, and clicking on Choose Pokemon.
new

I tried switching roms, using Fire Red and Emerald, and even downloading a fresh copy of AdvanceText, but they all have this problem in varying degrees. I'm using AdvanceText 3.1.1, by the way.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
Are there any good xse youtube tutorials out there? All the tutorials I've seen on yahoo are either outdated pokescript tutorials or they're incomplete, which I don't want.
Also, is there a way to edit the truck intro in emerald? Emphasis on edit: I don't want to remove the truck, I want to edit the truck map itself.

Also sorry for double posting, but are there any good hex editing tutorials as well? The main problem with me and hex editing is that I get what bits and bytes are, its just that I don't know how these letters and numbers translate into game data. ASM also confuses me as well, even with Karatekid552's tutorial.

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I've pretty much gone nuts searching for a way to make it so that Shedinja has more than 1 HP in Pokémon Emerald, so I guess I'll go out on a limb and ask here. If anyone has any info regarding this it would be greatly appreciated.

I believe it's hard coded into the game. You would have to edit some ASM I believe, or I think you can't actually edit it. So you're stuck with a 1Hp pokemon.

Is there something you have to do before altering text with Advancetext? I have the program running, but it refuses to show any text in the edit box. I can click on it and type text, but not save anything. This is after loading up a clean Ruby rom, and clicking on Choose Pokemon.
new

I tried switching roms, using Fire Red and Emerald, and even downloading a fresh copy of AdvanceText, but they all have this problem in varying degrees. I'm using AdvanceText 3.1.1, by the way.

I think the problem is...is that you're actually using A-Text. Use a Hex editor to search up the text that you want to edit, in some cases, you're gonna have to repoint the text. You can also use XSE if you're just editing NPC text.

Are there any good xse youtube tutorials out there? All the tutorials I've seen on yahoo are either outdated pokescript tutorials or they're incomplete, which I don't want.
Also, is there a way to edit the truck intro in emerald? Emphasis on edit: I don't want to remove the truck, I want to edit the truck map itself.

Also sorry for double posting, but are there any good hex editing tutorials as well? The main problem with me and hex editing is that I get what bits and bytes are, its just that I don't know how these letters and numbers translate into game data. ASM also confuses me as well, even with Karatekid552's tutorial.

Look at the tutorials page. Search up Diegoisawesome's XSE scripting tutorial, and I believe a tutorial and explanation of hex but I can't remember. And wouldn't you just use A-Map to edit the map? Or, you could just wait until MEH is released in the toolbox. Either way, it's just simple map-editing.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
Look at the tutorials page. Search up Diegoisawesome's XSE scripting tutorial, and I believe a tutorial and explanation of hex but I can't remember. And wouldn't you just use A-Map to edit the map? Or, you could just wait until MEH is released in the toolbox. Either way, it's just simple map-editing.
I have been utilizing xse tutorials in pokecommunity, its just that I'm a visual person, and seeing the logic processing hackers go through while scripting would help me better. Also, I've looked in Advance Map, and I can't find the truck map, that's the problem. If I could edit it through Advance Map, I wouldn't be asking this question.

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I have been utilizing xse tutorials in pokecommunity, its just that I'm a visual person, and seeing the logic processing hackers go through while scripting would help me better. Also, I've looked in Advance Map, and I can't find the truck map, that's the problem. If I could edit it through Advance Map, I wouldn't be asking this question.

I found the truck. Its is basically in a map bank called : "Inside of Truck". To be more precise, its map "25.40"

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Just bumping my question to the new page:
So I need to change the title screen cry, but it'll only allow 1 byte so (00 - FF), whereas I need 2 bytes, because my replacement is Rayquaza. What changes to the ASM, or additional ASM would allow free space for 1 more byte?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Just bumping my question to the new page:
So I need to change the title screen cry, but it'll only allow 1 byte so (00 - FF), whereas I need 2 bytes, because my replacement is Rayquaza. What changes to the ASM, or additional ASM would allow free space for 1 more byte?

Well bytes are loaded by "ldrb r(X), YYY"
If you want a half-word, do "ldrh r(X), YYY"
But you'd need to move the location of the bytes around as to not corrupt what follows

Smeargle

Illusory
Years
Alright I need a bit of help, It would seem I've encountered a random game-breaking bug.
This has happened to me once before, after playing with my palette in block editor to be in fact.
Well this time I encountered it after Adding in and testing my new players OW.

It begins to work just perfect no flaws whatsoever!
Spoiler:

But then I walk out into palette town and:
Spoiler:

I just don't understand what is causing palette town to look this way.. Its a new rom and everything.
Here is proof there is nothing wrong with it in Advanced-Map
Spoiler:

Has anyone experienced this or have any possible fixes, thanks in advanced.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back