• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: Pokémon Choice Quest - Chapter 61. A shocking sensation

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I heard picnic and came running!

Going with #4! Who cares about bonding with Venonat when you could be stuffing your face with pizza, soft drink, cake, IKEA meatballs and RageCandyBars instead?
Omg this would be the most perfect picnic ever it sounds so wonderful ♥♥♥ There's no way Venonat could leave after trying some IKEA meatballs.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
As you can see, I experimented a little with the lay-out.

What do you do?
1. Look for a small room to lock yourself into, giving no escape possibilities for Venonat. 0 votes
2. Who said I had enough already of that forest? Turn around and go back. 1 vote
3. There must be a PokéMart in the next town, supplies would be helpful. 2 votes
4. Now would be a great time for a picnic somewhere in the fields. 3 votes
> #4. Now would be a great time for a picnic somewhere in the fields.
Pokémon
048.png

Inventory
Hammer
Bucket

Deaths: 0​

4. An early lunch

You leave the forest and are glad you're back in open space. Even though you took a decent breakfast this morning you decide to sit down for a while next to the road and eat a bit of your lunch. During this, you have your attention focused on the Venonat, which seems really interested in your cheese sandwich. You break the sandwich in half and give half of it to your Pokémon, which calmly sits down and accepts it. Seeing him enjoying the meal, persuades you to remove the remains of the net and lift him on your lap. It seems you get along well. You think you should give him a nickname, but are out of inspiration for the moment. You're going to think about this later.
Following the road leads you to Greenseed Town, a farmer's town, famous for its Miltank ranch.

Where do you go?
  1. Pokémon Center, to get some trainer advice.
  2. PokéMart, to get some items.
  3. Miltank ranch, to check it out.
  4. The bakery, because food, that's why.
  5. Corn fields, to see if they obscure something interesting.
Secondly, what will Venonat's nickname be?
  • Scrambles
  • Bugger
  • Flyon
  • Creepy
Next update expected in ~23h.

Years
Trainer advice? We dont need that, here is the advice, RUN! There are Miltanks out there! RUN, and DONT look back!

Lol, good job HAN on doing this btw, that...format you're using looks really neat. And your writing is really good too.

1. I just gave you one.
2.You seem to really want us to go get us some items. What are your hidden intentions?
3.See 1!
4.We just ate!
5.At first, no, cos bugs, but on the other hand, we could stumble upon another Venipede, or Pidgey or even some nice snakes so YES, this one gets my vote.

As for the names, I vote B or C

Years
Although items would probably be good, I'm super curious about #5! Maybe we can find something (or someone) there that can help.

I also like the name A. Scrambles for Venonat. :)

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Hmm... The bakery, because food, that's why. With a PokéStory mindset, I think this is spot-on. ;P

And I personally think Venonat should be named Bugger. xD

Years
If we include the Pokestory on this one, we can expect to see a wild Sandshrew in the cornfield that will immediately after we see it die, probably after being stepped on by a dancing Zekrom which also would conveniently appear right after we see a Nurse Joy chasing a Poochyena with a huge injection. And ofc Sandshrew would then be revived and join out team, and probably evolve into a Starmie.
Approved by Pokemon Trivia

HAN btw why dont you vote for next moves and nicknames too though?

magicarp4thewin

Lv19 Magikarp, wonder what happens next?
Years
I'm up for our little venonat to be known as scrambles, so A for the nickname

As for the next move....LETS HIT THE CORN FIELD!!#5

Lycanthropy

Years
As for the names, I vote B or C

Great, half votes...

For names, I vote A! Scrambles makes it sound like a cute egg.

You do realize it's a Venonat, not a Togepi, right? :P

HAN btw why dont you vote for next moves and nicknames too though?

Hmm yes, why not? Voting for name is hard, as Scrambles, Bugger and Creepy all sound good, but my vote goes to Bugger.

I'm not thinking about giving the Pokémon a moveset limited to four moves. I'm not going to implement detailed battles anyway, as choosing a move every turn will make battles last very long and that's not very interesting. And even bad moves can be very useful in out-of-combat situations.

Lycanthropy

Years
The name poll ended in a draw. To determine the result a rolled a twenty-sided die. Odd for Scrambles, even for Bugger. D20 says 1; Scrambles it is.

Where do you go?
1. Pokémon Center, to get some trainer advice. 1 vote
2. PokéMart, to get some items. 0 votes
3. Miltank ranch, to check it out. 0 votes
4. The bakery, because food, that's why. 1 vote
5. Corn fields, to see if they obscure something interesting. 5 votes

Secondly, what will Venonat's nickname be?
A. Scrambles 4 votes
B. Bugger 4 votes
C. Flyon 0 votes
D. Creepy 0 votes
> #5. Corn fields, to see if they obscure something interesting.
Pokémon
048.png

Inventory
Hammer
Bucket
Unknown herb

Deaths: 0​

5. Wait, that's no corn!

The stories you've heard are true. Greenseed really looks like a typical farmer's town. To the right you see a herd of grazing Miltank, accompanied by a couple of Tauros. To your left you see an extensive plain of corn fields. As curious as you are, you want to see if there are some rare Pokémon hiding in the corn. You look around to see if nobody is watching and when you're sure the coast is clear, you push aside some plants and enter the field. Moving through the rows of corn, you don't detect something very useful, as you aren't really interested in starting a popcorn company at the moment.
When you decide to go back you notice Scrambles, a nickname for your Venonat you just came up with, intensively staring at something a little deeper in the field. When walking in that direction, you end up in an open space surrounded by the high corn plants, overgrown with a weird looking herb. You pick a small sample and put in in your bag.

What do you do?
  1. Walk back and act like nothing happened.
  2. Go to the Pokémon Center and ask if anybody has seen something like that before.
  3. Run! Run away from here as quickly as you can.
Next update expected in ~48h.

Years
4Release the Venonat cos his nickname isnt as good as you thought it'd be >:L
Really though, why rush the names,you might want to give a little more time to people to vote. xD

Meh, pretty much all the same. I'll just blend in with the rest of the answers cos of lack of inspiration cos of the battle lost on the nickname frontier. 1 it is. :D

Back