DizzyEgg

Age 21
Male
Poland
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
768 posts
5.3 Years
Can you tell me which files did you specifically edit, so I can know what files I can import with your pokemon expansion?
You should do it by using git and merging, I will write a tutorial on that soon. Doing it otherwise...well that'd be like gluing without glue.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User

Male
Montevideo (Uruguay)
Seen 40 Minutes Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
1,902 posts
10.6 Years
i can't seem to get it to work. I've copied the battle engine folder into my repository but when I compile it, it creates normal emerald without the changes. Can someone help?
What exactly do you mean by that?

Normally, if you're not using Git, one way to go about compiling the battle engine v2 would be to download the battle_engine_v2 branch as a ZIP from the GitHub Repository's website, install pokeruby-tools on it like you normally would, and then compile.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User

Male
Montevideo (Uruguay)
Seen 40 Minutes Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
1,902 posts
10.6 Years
I put the file in my cygwin folder and copy both ruby tools and dizzy egg's battle engine folder into it, then I compile it. Does it compile the .zip folder? Because I didn't alter it at all.
When you say "Cygwin folder", you actually mean C:\cygwin64\home\USER, right?
That is the correct path.

Once you're ready, open your preferred terminal or command prompt and use the following commands one at a time:
cd (name of the folder where the battle engine v2 is)
make -j(N)
Note: Replace "(N)" with the amount of CPU Cores you want to assign to the compiling process. The more cores you can assign, the better.

And that should be it. The process will take a while if you're compiling it for the first time.
Advertiser Content