• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Enabling Debug Mode without RPGMakerXP

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 15, 2014
How can I enable Debug Mode for my game without using the Playtest feature in RPG Maker XP? I'm trying to get a couple of friends to test my game and check for bugs, and it would save a lot of hassle if I can just send them the game files without having to get them to install RPG Maker.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Welcome to the forum!

Insert this line at the beginning of the "Settings" script.

Code:
$DEBUG = true

That should do it.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
How do I open the "Settings" Script? It would be a big help if you could tell me

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
How do I open the "Settings" Script? It would be a big help if you could tell me

Open your game.exe (with windows icons):
Spoiler:

Then press F11 to open your script (or click "Script Editor"):
Spoiler:

Your first script will be 'Setting' script:
Spoiler:

To find a single def or code, you can use 'CTRL + F', to find inside actual script (like you see above, if i press CTRL + F i will search inside 'Setting' script);
To find a single def or code in All Script inside Script Editor, use 'CTRL + SHIFT + F'.

Also, see all the videos tutorials:
https://youtu.be/mlnzaEhH5cI

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Then you just buy the full version. It really isn't expensive and it's a one time purchase.

And if you wait for a Steam sale, it's even cheaper - usually goes down to only $5, though the last sale had it at even less!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2024
There are games that doesn't have the PBS files..so it's useless trying to activate Debug mode...

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
and how do I find this file? because in many Fan Games I have seen, I never found this file

This file is typically not distributed with the game, because most devs don't want their game to be modified by players.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
And what do I do in this case?

If the devs don't want to share this file, there is no way to retrieve it.
You can ask the devs directly, although I assume they will refuse to give you the unpacked data.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I try to enable debug mode but this error happens, i hope someone can help me

Attachments

• IMG_20230117_135014.jpg
    IMG_20230117_135014.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 34
Back