• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Ugh...
I'm not sure on whether to keep on Run-Away Hunting Zapdos. Even though it gets in 0.5 Extra Encounters per minute, which is good in the long run, I am suspicious that the game doesn't spit out different Zapdos, therefore causing identical ones to appear. Why? Because people love to exploit RNGs, and it's making me paranoid. It's also the fact that 90% of my tests were proven correct. I would attack it, look at where it's health was, run away, and run back in. I would use the same attack. 90% of the time, it went to the same health. It DIDN'T go to the same health when Hypno and Articuno were paralyzed and were attacking it.

So I'll stick with Soft Resetting, for now.
I also NEED to get a new chain shiny. Stupid Diamond screwed me over WAY too many times yesterday.
Good luck, all.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Easter Peeps

Spoiler:

Haha! Yes! Only THIS one isn't headed to the microwave!

174th egg was shiny. =)

It has a Serious nature - not bad but not exactly good. Nevertheless it could've been a lot worse, I was worried it would be Relaxed..

Last night when I finally quit about 3 AM I had about 120 eggs. Same as before, I started hatching when I got up this morning. I was shooting for tomorrow, but it just had to hatch early. =P

Hee hee hee! Yes! YESH!!!

Good luck everyone =D

*dances*

Years
I closed my DS while standing in front of a shiny patch, found early at only a 5-chain. I will only open it and catch the shiny in another 12 minutes for a reason which should become clear.

Edit: Easter Bunny GET!
44-BunearySparkles.jpg

Stat screen pics coming maybe.

Last edited:

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
Hi everybody.. Long time no see! I'm just taking a break from Platinum and thought I would say Hi. I haven't found any new shinies lately, but I haven't been playing much until Platinum came out. I do have a question.. could someone point me in the direction of the post that would explain the whole controversy about shiny pokes (planned etc?) I read above but that didn't seem to be the whole story.. or maybe I'm a bit slow? :)

I am sure this question has already been asked but I will ask again just for the sake of conversation.. how many are going to enter the Pokemon Tournament this year? That level 50 Shiny Milotic is sounding pretty good! But the closest one to me is in Nashville TN. (several hours away) At least I don't live in FL, imagine if you lived in Key West and had to drive all the way up to Nashville TN just to be in the tournament and get the shiny Milotic. Whew, that's a long drive!

Congrats on all those shinies you all have found! I can't imagine having dozens of shiny Pokemon. It almost makes them seem common.. almost but not quite. ;)
Kim

Years
OMG, hey Kim! ^o^ Haven't seen you around in a while.

Yeah, the shinies just don't feel as special as they used to. Of course, finally facing that Soft Reset target or running into something at random is still a rush.

...and I somehow don't think I'll be able to make it to the tournament:
Google Maps said:
Driving directions to The Valley Forge Convention Ce
(610) 337-4000
720 km – about 7 hours 16 mins

I did notice something extremely interesting on the site: They called the Milotic SHINY. This is probably the first time the term, "shiny," has been used to refer to rare-coloured Pokémon in official publications! Maybe we'll see the word pop up in future games, themselves!

Years
If you don't count Sugimori's "Encounter with Shiny Pokémon", or the Pokemon.com Mailbag "Shiny" Reference as that, then yes, it is. ;P

I chained my bunnies like... 2 weeks ago. I accidentally K.O.'d one, when I wasn't paying attention.

My chains keep breaking on Diamond, my Original One. I don't even follow the rules on that one. xD

Good luck to all, and happy Easter!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Easter Peeps

Spoiler:

Haha! Yes! Only THIS one isn't headed to the microwave!

174th egg was shiny. =)

It has a Serious nature - not bad but not exactly good. Nevertheless it could've been a lot worse, I was worried it would be Relaxed..

Last night when I finally quit about 3 AM I had about 120 eggs. Same as before, I started hatching when I got up this morning. I was shooting for tomorrow, but it just had to hatch early. =P

Hee hee hee! Yes! YESH!!!

Good luck everyone =D

*dances*
Aw, lovely shiny, especially for Easter. I tried the Masuda Method but I didn't have any success... Besides, I'd like a beneficial nature.

I closed my DS while standing in front of a shiny patch, found early at only a 5-chain. I will only open it and catch the shiny in another 12 minutes for a reason which should become clear.

Edit: Easter Bunny GET!
44-BunearySparkles.jpg

Stat screen pics coming maybe.
Woah, nice Easter shiny. ^_^ I caught my shiny Buneary last April Fools, since I thought it would be more appropriate, for whatever reason.. XD

Congrats on the rest of the amazing captures. ^o^

Hi may i ask you guys.what do you all consider a big chain? (when using the pokeradar)
Hmm, a big chain in general? Probably anything over 70+, but something amazing is 120+. I believe that the highest I've seen is about 250+.

Still, you should only aim to hit 40 when looking for shinies, unless you're trying to simply get a high chain. Good luck.

Anyways, my Easter shiny: It sure looks yummy

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
OMG, hey Kim! ^o^ Haven't seen you around in a while.

Yeah, the shinies just don't feel as special as they used to. Of course, finally facing that Soft Reset target or running into something at random is still a rush.

...and I somehow don't think I'll be able to make it to the tournament:

I did notice something extremely interesting on the site: They called the Milotic SHINY. This is probably the first time the term, "shiny," has been used to refer to rare-coloured Pokémon in official publications! Maybe we'll see the word pop up in future games, themselves!

actually DDD told me that in the platinum guide book they use the word "shiny" so I guess its offically known as "shiny" :D

Years
actually DDD told me that in the platinum guide book they use the word "shiny" so I guess its offically known as "shiny" :D
Aren't those made by Prima?

No more Bunearies. I guess there really is only one Easter Bunny.

Gone chaining some Drowzees until the day rolls over. It should prepare me for Beldum.

Years
Ugh... Platinum is making me old.

It's so hard to get through it.
Instead of getting Kadabra for Maylene, I brought in Dialga and Shiny Uxie.
Kerchow!
I'm now off to Pastoria, where I shall own all!
xP

Congrats on all shinies, and good luck.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Aren't those made by Prima?

No more Bunearies. I guess there really is only one Easter Bunny.

Gone chaining some Drowzees until the day rolls over. It should prepare me for Beldum.

The latest one for Platinum is by "Pokemon USA, Inc." which is an official Nintendo company I think.

Unfortunately, they don't show shiny grass. They do talk about chaining higher to get shinies, and the Pokemon they use as shiny reference is a shiny Pichu...

Hmm...

Congrats on your Buneary. I had to go through total heck to get mine.

As far as a "big chain" goes, my highest is Nincada at 82, simply because it refused to break after I got all the shinies I wanted. I'd rather stay at 40 and wait until shiny grass comes up. I don't see any point in trying to advance the chain to large amounts, like 100. Complete waste of time for me....

I'm sick again.
Good luck everyone

edit:
Hmmm.

Hi everybody.. Long time no see! I'm just taking a break from Platinum and thought I would say Hi. I haven't found any new shinies lately, but I haven't been playing much until Platinum came out. I do have a question.. could someone point me in the direction of the post that would explain the whole controversy about shiny pokes (planned etc?) I read above but that didn't seem to be the whole story.. or maybe I'm a bit slow? :)

Well, it all started when Mario, the Princess and I came to Dinosaur World for a vacation...

In a nutshell,
Platinum has a "broken" RNG similar to Emeralds. People can enter information from their game onto a computer website calculator, and use it like a stopwatch to know exactly when to encounter a Pokemon to get it shiny, or whatever.
For Platinum there's a bit more involved than that, but that's the gist of it without the bulk of the details. People can use it to "plan" their shinies and get what they want.
I don't exactly approve of this, either. It just doesn't seem right.

There's another method though, that's called "Junichi Masuda's Method". You can take a foreign Pokemon, such as a Japanese Eevee or Torchic, and breed it with an English Pokemon, and the hatchlings will have an increased chance of being shiny. It can be with any international pairing as long as they're foreign from one another, I.E. English + German, Japanese + French, so on and so forth..

So the easiest way would just to get a Japanese Ditto from the GTS and breed it with one of your own Pokemon, assuming your own Pokemon aren't Japanese.

If you're wondering who Junichi Masuda is, he's been working on the Pokemon games since the very beginning I think, and was the Director of Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.
He posted this information, although very vaguely, on his blog, simply stating the benefits of using the GTS in Jubilife City.
"Find rare colored Pokemon's egg a little easier"

And so far I have hatched a shiny Eevee and Torchic from doing this, as well as Storm Dragoon has hatched a Tangela, and a friend of mine hatched a shiny Horsea.

The only drawback from this is that you cannot transfer natures.

Essay over.... lol

Oh yeah, one last thing. I would enter the tournament but I cannot go to Tennessee. I also suck badly at Doubles.

Last edited:
Years
Uh...
Platinum has the same RNG as Diamond and Pearl.

Yes, it upset me too. I hate this easy RNG crap.
1/8,192, 1/2,040, & 1/201 Methods Forever
Screw 1/1. I roll 'legit'.

I'm nearing Giratina in Platinum.
It WILL shine.
Not a threat; A promise
Also, I am owning everyone with Dialga. It actually listens to me half the time!

Years
Nothing new here, really.
Yesterday I got to Giratina in Platinum, and did around 350 or so SRs.
I also chained for a shiny Mareep for a friend, and it was hell because it was in my shiny Diamond.
The shiny patch appeared at 18, and then the chain broke right after that. I entered a safe patch, dammit!

So that's it for this time, and hopefully Giratina shines sooner than later. Good luck to all.

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
Thanks DDD for that clear and concise explanation. Congrats MM, on your "Easter Bunny" :) I'm going to try to do the foreign Pokemon breeding thing just to see if I get lucky. Even if it doesn't count for SHC it will be neat to see if it seems to help.

Years
No, I think we're counting the Masuda shinies as truly "random". MetalMario said something about odds over 1,000 can be treated as Random here. None of this 1/1 Egg or 1/1 Emerald RNG, nor PokéRadar (Unless it is a number lower than 21). So ya... I really wanna try it too, but not until I get my Giratina to shine. I just passed 500 SRs for it. I plan on getting to somewhere around 1,200 tomorrow.

Good luck to all.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Welcome to the club, Rey and FinalPaladin. Have a good time here. ^^

Easter Peeps

Spoiler:

Congratulations on the Torchic. :D

Spoiler:

Congratulations on the Buneary. :D

Spoiler:

Congratulations on the Beldum.

Well, I'm currently at 2050 Eggs so far in my search (I started using the "Junichi Masuda" way at around about the 1540th Egg, so that's been about 510 Eggs using the "Foreign Method"), but nothing so far. Well, I'm hoping for something maybe in the next batch, but we'll see. Later. ^^

Years
No, I think we're counting the Masuda shinies as truly "random". MetalMario said something about odds over 1,000 can be treated as Random here. None of this 1/1 Egg or 1/1 Emerald RNG, nor PokéRadar (Unless it is a number lower than 21). So ya... I really wanna try it too, but not until I get my Giratina to shine. I just passed 500 SRs for it. I plan on getting to somewhere around 1,200 tomorrow.

Good luck to all.
Well that 1/1000 is actually the criteria for uniqueness. So any shiny found by odds lower than 1/1000 counts as being unique. Since you kind of "make your own odds" by chaining up in the radar, I consider each chain unique. Thus, only one shiny found on a long chain may count, and only if it's the first shiny found on this chain. (So you have to find TWO early shiny patches on the same chain to count more than one of that species.)

Nothing new. Chaining Ralts for now. This Masuda breeding isn't nearly as easy as everyone makes it look.

Back