• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Apollo

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
I was playing the game and the badge system thing kinda bugged me, maybe they could be ranks or something...

Anyway, great job on the hack! I was kinda confused when the beta ended, and i wasn't really sure what happened. clarification of some kind would be nice.

Basically the reason why I warped you back to Mt. Moon was just so you can at least keep training. The next beta will have this warp you to the correct location. Basically Celadon city wasn't complete, and it also meant you could go exploring, which would be bad.

The badges are basically like 'rank' badges. So with each badge you're a higher ranking member of Team Rocket. I'll add some text somewhere to explain this better if it's needed. After changing the trainer card to a Team Rocket based one it may make more sense.

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2014
Can you or Tararos do a tutorial on pokecommunity on how to edit the battle background.
I will appreciate it :)

Years
The starters and Meowth are weak, but if you can hack the base stats of those 3 pokes it would fix the issue, I guess...
At the begining, I defeated all the grunts but Jessie and James still didn't want to fight me. It turned out that I had to talk to the grunts I defeated in order to be able to battle J&J.
James' sprite turns yellow or w/e regularly!! Apparently, after every battle against him and Jessie.
Officer Jenny was a bit hard to beat, especially that the game goes fast on you and if you didn't by some Potions earlier you'll have some problems.
After I have been chased from Saffron to Route 5 I stayed there grinding for a while when a wild Abra appeared, I caught it and used Teleport to "cheat" the game... and yeah a bug. Can be easily fixed by removing Abra from there I suppose.
At some point, I tried to deposit Meowth in a box but the game wouldn't let me, it kept telling me "That's your last POKéMON!" while it wasn't...
CoolTrainer Samuel (at the bottom of Nugget Bridge) doesn't agro. I don't know if it is intended, but when I talk to him he says "You can't pass throught here!" then he battles me.
For some weird reason: Defense Curl raises spDef... Now if that is from the hack or from the rom I am using, I don't know... =_=
Also, see this screenshot for other stuff: i.imgur.com/ZxKle5G.png

Overall, the graphics are just fine I don't see why people are complaining about them... The only issue is the night that messes things up and James sprite... The storyline is great I enjoyed to play as a Team Rocket Grunt. The part that "explain" some stuff from the regular game as such as Bill stuck in his machine, the house with a hole in Cerulean City, ... also, stealing stuff... haha! :D Keep it up bro'. :]

MrDollSteak

Years
The starters and Meowth are weak, but if you can hack the base stats of those 3 pokes it would fix the issue, I guess...
At the begining, I defeated all the grunts but Jessie and James still didn't want to fight me. It turned out that I had to talk to the grunts I defeated in order to be able to battle J&J.
James' sprite turns yellow or w/e regularly!! Apparently, after every battle against him and Jessie.
Officer Jenny was a bit hard to beat, especially that the game goes fast on you and if you didn't by some Potions earlier you'll have some problems.
After I have been chased from Saffron to Route 5 I stayed there grinding for a while when a wild Abra appeared, I caught it and used Teleport to "cheat" the game... and yeah a bug. Can be easily fixed by removing Abra from there I suppose.
At some point, I tried to deposit Meowth in a box but the game wouldn't let me, it kept telling me "That's your last POKéMON!" while it wasn't...
CoolTrainer Samuel (at the bottom of Nugget Bridge) doesn't agro. I don't know if it is intended, but when I talk to him he says "You can't pass throught here!" then he battles me.
For some weird reason: Defense Curl raises spDef... Now if that is from the hack or from the rom I am using, I don't know... =_=
Also, see this screenshot for other stuff: i.imgur.com/ZxKle5G.png

Overall, the graphics are just fine I don't see why people are complaining about them... The only issue is the night that messes things up and James sprite... The storyline is great I enjoyed to play as a Team Rocket Grunt. The part that "explain" some stuff from the regular game as such as Bill stuck in his machine, the house with a hole in Cerulean City, ... also, stealing stuff... haha! :D Keep it up bro'. :]

Thanks so much for your feedback, it's very indepth!
I've fixed the first glitch, now immediately after battling them the flag is set, which allows for Jessie and James to be fought.
The James glitch I don't really understand. Apparently someone had the glitch with Jessie not James. It must have something to do with the slots in the new palette table. I'll have to ask around a bit more.
Don't worry, I really wanted the first few battles to be difficult, just to make the point that Team Rocket won't take over Kanto so easily :P
I fixed the Abra Glitch, by temporarily making you unable to enter the grass, until you enter the Pokemon Center.
Cooltrainer Samuel only aggroes before you've beaten the gym.
I believe i've fixed the night time palette problems.
I also fixed the agro radius on Route 25
I'm pretty sure Defense Curl raises normal defense. It might just be because I included the physical/special split, so moves like Bite which were special now are physical.

Glad you like the story! Hopefully some of the bugs didn't ruin the experience too much.

HyperKiller

What if..?
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 26, 2023
Gotta say,t his is real interesting, can't wait to see how this finishes! (Maybe put some sorta story branching that at one part you realise your mistakes and leave Team Rocket or stay? :x) I... could help with ideas to script into some people, i guess, but i can't do it myself, i'm a noob hacker. :\

MrDollSteak

Years
Gotta say,t his is real interesting, can't wait to see how this finishes! (Maybe put some sorta story branching that at one part you realise your mistakes and leave Team Rocket or stay? :x) I... could help with ideas to script into some people, i guess, but i can't do it myself, i'm a noob hacker. :\

Glad you're excited! The next BETA is coming along well. The story is nearly done up to the third gym, I'd just like to change a few features such as custom moves, TMs etc.

I think that is a good potential story, however I already have one in mind for the postgame content. We'll see if I ever manage to get there! And if there are any particular characters that you would like to see, or cameo at all, just give me a PM.

MrDollSteak

Years
Insanely close to a release of Pokemon Apollo 0.3 if anyone is interested. I've fixed 'quite' a few glitches so far and added quite a lot of custom moves, updated the moves able to be learnt by all Pokemon that can be found up to this point. There are still a few things that bug me with the third gym that I am hoping to fix. I've added quite alot of content this time so sorry for the delay, but I hope you find the story at this stage more engaging and fun. I've added quite a bit more humorous dialogue and random characters because scripting is just getting boring now! One thing I am not 100% sure about, is how trainers interact with the custom moves. I'll give that a bit of testing and hopefully will release it then. Thanks for your patience everyone!

EDIT: I will update the front page with all the relevant information once the BETA is ready.

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
This hack looks interesting, it seems to be fun playing as team rocket, im waiting on version 0.3 to try it :)

MrDollSteak

Years
Hey 11bayerf1, thanks for your hard work, I love Apollo. Do you plan to insert Butch and Cassady, too(I love Cassady :D)?

I do actually! They're going to pop up in Johto especially after Giovanni's absence. Rather than having Petrel and the other guy who is just insignificant, I'd thought I'd have Jessie, James, Butch and Cassidy running Team Rocket!

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
I do actually! They're going to pop up in Johto especially after Giovanni's absence. Rather than having Petrel and the other guy who is just insignificant, I'd thought I'd have Jessie, James, Butch and Cassidy running Team Rocket!

That means that Johto is going to be included, too? :D :D :D :D
You almost gave me a heart attack :)

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
i love team rocket hacks!

but everytime i see one im like "this wont last long" cuz like all of the rocket hacks are unfinished

and this seemed like a compliment in my head :(

it seems nice but i will wait till second beta or something.
best lucks!

Years
Does the new release not work with a save from the old one?
I don't know where to go next (I am at Mt. Moon). I went to the helipocter but nothing is there except the PC and healing.
EDIT: I was able to proceed from an old save, as long as you didn't reach the 2 fossils and beat Jessie&James you can proceed and to get warped to the HQ.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
Does the new release not work with a save from the old one?
I don't know where to go next (I am at Mt. Moon). I went to the helipocter but nothing is there except the PC and healing.
EDIT: I was able to proceed from an old save, as long as you didn't reach the 2 fossils and beat Jessie&James you can proceed and to get warped to the HQ.

Yeah sorry I should have specified about that. I'm glad you had an old save you could use. That being said, lots of the Pokemon have had their movesets changed, so some of your pokemon MAY possibly be at a disadvantage. I'll add this to the front page!

i love team rocket hacks!

but everytime i see one im like "this wont last long" cuz like all of the rocket hacks are unfinished

and this seemed like a compliment in my head

it seems nice but i will wait till second beta or something.
best lucks!

I'm glad you like the look of it at least. I do understand your point, don't worry I have every intention of finishing it.

This is technically the third beta I've released, but it still only takes you to the third gym. If I were you I'd wait till the next one, if you don't like unfinished content. The next beta will effectively be the first half of the story completed and should take you to the lvl. 40-50 range. Which if you think about it is more or less a complete pokemon game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back