• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon Generations Race Challenge

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 4, 2017
This is a race through the generations. Cool? Cool. Great. Here are the rules.

Rules

You must complete these games in order.
Pokemon FireRed/Leafgreen
Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver
Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon Black/White 1/2
Pokemon X/Y
Pokemon Sun/Moon
Each generation will have it's own specific special objective. Usually its only 1 but there are 2 with one generation.
No cheating/glitching
You may use any legendaries you catch.
Just for the sake of space, and how much updates there will be, please just update your first post instead of double posting.
On the topic of updates, please update your post often, (as an example, post around every time you get a badge, complete an objective etc.). This is so I can keep track of your progress and other racers can to. AND BE HONEST. I've had liars before.
While this is a race, it is a casual event, so HAVE FUN.

Ok now that that is out of the way lets get into Generation objectives

Generation 1-ish
Spoiler:

Generation 2-ish

Spoiler:

Generation 3

Spoiler:

Generation 4

Spoiler:

Generation 5

Spoiler:

Generation 6

Spoiler:

Generation 7

Spoiler:

How to join:
Name of the character you will be using. Thats it.

The Racers
Spoiler:

I'll also be posting where people are in the race, so you can keep track of each others progress.

Gen 1
Spoiler:

Gen 2
Spoiler:

Gen 3
Spoiler:

Gen 4
Spoiler:

Gen 5
Spoiler:

Gen 6
Spoiler:

Gen 7
Spoiler:

Last edited:

buttlet32

Buttlet
Years
I would gladly do this challenge, but I completed the Pokedex on Y and of course with that being something I worked hard to achieve, it wouldn't be that easy to restart.

I don't know if it counts as I've never fully completed (or played it for that matter) the gba Pokemon hack that is based on X and Y. That's probably a negative though. Only other thing I can think to do is use a 3ds emulator, but the only one I know of is still being worked on. I can easily complete the others though, as I've yet to complete S/M and I have emulators for the other games.

(If anything I just said breaks the TOS, please just delete the comment. I haven't been on this website in ages, so it very well may have changed since the last time I looked at it)

And instead of Fire Red/Leaf Green...may I use Yellow? If not Yellow, then what about Red. I have both on my 3ds. If I can't then I'll use my VBA emulator on my laptop.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 4, 2017
I would gladly do this challenge, but I completed the Pokedex on Y and of course with that being something I worked hard to achieve, it wouldn't be that easy to restart.

I don't know if it counts as I've never fully completed (or played it for that matter) the gba Pokemon hack that is based on X and Y. That's probably a negative though. Only other thing I can think to do is use a 3ds emulator, but the only one I know of is still being worked on. I can easily complete the others though, as I've yet to complete S/M and I have emulators for the other games.

(If anything I just said breaks the TOS, please just delete the comment. I haven't been on this website in ages, so it very well may have changed since the last time I looked at it)

And instead of Fire Red/Leaf Green...may I use Yellow? If not Yellow, then what about Red. I have both on my 3ds. If I can't then I'll use my VBA emulator on my laptop.

Challenge logged, thanks! You can play Yellow, the difference between the first gen and remakes is quite small. Also, I'm assuming your going to be using your PokeCommunity name for the challenge, so thats what I logged you as, tell me if it is different though. You can also use a ROM, it's personally ok with me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 4, 2017
Sorry for the lack of updates on the challenge. I've been very busy with school, but here is my first update.

Here are the highlights of my first two gym badges.

Gen 1 Updates

Spoiler:

Back