• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2020
Uikri, you can find one in the Research and Development Forum.

Thanks bro. Now for the final question. If I patched a R/S/E ROM with the Physical/Special split, could I then use pokehacks(DOT)dabomstew(DOT)com(SLASH)randomizer(SLASH)acks(DOT)php
to randomize the ROM, or would the ROM not be compatible after P/S patching? What if I used the randomizer first?

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
I'm sorry if the answer should be obvious but are there actually hidden scripts on the Littleroot map that I can't see in AdvanceMap? What I meant earlier was that I have already deleted all apparent events/signposts/scripts/etc on the main LittleRoot map along with Route 1 but the "invisible mom" still happens. I guess that might be taken care of by SMCA and Truck Remover tools?

Also, I have read through a lot of the tile editing guides etc and can edit tiles fine. The problem is that when I edit tiles in one map they also change on the other. For example, if I edit the gym tiles in Viridian City to make it so that the grass toward the bottom is rocky terrain instead (because I want the gym to be raised on rock, it will also edit the gym in Fuschia City making that look rocky as well. I guess there must be a way to copy over an identical tileset and just treat them separately but I can't figure out how.

Is there anyway to export the actual tileset instead of the palette? As in, when you have block editor open on advance map is there a way to export the image on the left, edit it, and then import it back in rather than export the palette image.

Also how would one create an ENTIRELY new tileset? For example, if you have options from zero to twenty three, how would you create your own tileset twenty four?

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
I'm sorry if the answer should be obvious but are there actually hidden scripts on the Littleroot map that I can't see in AdvanceMap? What I meant earlier was that I have already deleted all apparent events/signposts/scripts/etc on the main LittleRoot map along with Route 1 but the "invisible mom" still happens. I guess that might be taken care of by SMCA and Truck Remover tools?

Its not a visible script its a level script:
Spoiler:

Just click 'Remove'. Make sure you have the '1' map script selected, and not the '0' map script.
In other words, press the up arrow.

The problem is that when I edit tiles in one map they also change on the other. For example, if I edit the gym tiles in Viridian City to make it so that the grass toward the bottom is rocky terrain instead (because I want the gym to be raised on rock, it will also edit the gym in Fuschia City making that look rocky as well. I guess there must be a way to copy over an identical tileset and just treat them separately but I can't figure out how.

They probably use the same tileset. If you are using tileset 12 as a base, then yes they both would change. However, tileset 23 is JUST for the Viridian Gym. Edit that one instead.

I have never done editing on tilesets, however I found a list of usable tilesets and it appears many of them are implemented, but never used. Perhaps instead of editing the original tileset, you could use one of the unused ones?
Here's the list if it helps: LIST

Last edited:
Years
Concerning Littleroot script, did you remove level scripts? (provided there is any on that map). If you don't know what I'm talking about, make sure that "Professional Header" is unchecked in A-Map's settings, then open Littleroot's map, go to the Header tab, and see if the "hidden" script is there.
Concerning your question I have the same issue as you, I just edit some other tiles and I don't touch those that are "shared" or w/e what they are.
I don't think you can do that, to make a tileset you need to use a picture as a source, if I can call it like that.
I don't like to be harsh but please try to search before asking... a simple "create new tileset a-map" search on Google links you to this tutorial. :]

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
or you could go to advance map and click the puzzle piece then click blocks then insert new tileset...

Sorry for double posting, but I found all of the Special Tables, for anyone who cares.
0x0815FD60
FR Special Table

0x081DBA64
Emerald Special Table

0x0814B194
Ruby Special Table

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
or you could go to advance map and click the puzzle piece then click blocks then insert new tileset...

Sorry for double posting, but I found all of the Special Tables, for anyone who cares.
0x0815FD60
FR Special Table

0x081DBA64
Emerald Special Table

0x0814B194
Ruby Special Table

Cool, I'm glad it worked. Also, double posts get merged in most of the Rom Hacking section so stop apologizing:p.

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2013
I'm having a palette problem here. I'm using NSE 2.x to change the main hero sprites, and the front worked perfectly, also with palette, no problem. Only the backsprite is a bit... vague. Somehow, when saving the new palette, there's no repoint, and it still uses the may/brendan palette (hacking ruby btw).

So, I changed the palettes of may and brendan 'manually' using APE, but it now looks messed up/mixed.

Original, also as shown in NSE:

dropboxDOTcom/s/t02p44n09i71rmw/Backsprite%20pallette.png

And how it is now ingame:

dropboxDOTcom/s/ktekodufljcxg1l/Backsprite%20pallette2.png

Hope someone has experience with these backsprites... Anyway, thanks in advance

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
how do i fix pksv-ui error no rom open? i'm trying to hack a fire red rom and every time i go to edit a script it says that. thanks for the help.

Try opening a ROM.                            

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
When you assign PKSV-UI or XSE as the script editor in Advance Map, click 'No' in the dialog box that appears, or else the ROM will not open, as the offsets are separated by nullstings, and not colons.

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2016
Hi, I'm new to ROM hacking and I just wanted to know if there is a program/tool that allows me to edit Pokemon attack descriptions for Emerald? For example, I've modded the move Crunch so that it's physical and lowers Def (instead of Sp. Def in Gen 3), but I can't change the description in PGE's Attack Editor...

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Hi, I'm new to ROM hacking and I just wanted to know if there is a program/tool that allows me to edit Pokemon attack descriptions for Emerald? For example, I've modded the move Crunch so that it's physical and lowers Def (instead of Sp. Def in Gen 3), but I can't change the description in PGE's Attack Editor...

You can change the description, you just have to create one using XSE and then change the attack description pointer to match the new one. However, there are tools that can change the description right inside of them: Advance Text and A-tack(? It is a pure attack editor, but the right name might be different) and Move Editor. The XSE method is the safest, as the other options can bug out, but the others will definitely be easier.

There are sprite of Ash ready for be inserted?
I mean ow and sprite,
preferably for ruby.

This is exact question has been answered before. Just google "Ash Sprites" and you will find a few good ones. Make sure you check and see if you can use them, and then give credit.

I'm having a palette problem here. I'm using NSE 2.x to change the main hero sprites, and the front worked perfectly, also with palette, no problem. Only the backsprite is a bit... vague. Somehow, when saving the new palette, there's no repoint, and it still uses the may/brendan palette (hacking ruby btw).

So, I changed the palettes of may and brendan 'manually' using APE, but it now looks messed up/mixed.

Original, also as shown in NSE:

dropbox.com/s/t02p44n09i71rmw/Backsprite%20pallette.png

And how it is now ingame:

dropbox.com/s/ktekodufljcxg1l/Backsprite%20pallette2.png

Hope someone has experience with these backsprites... Anyway, thanks in advance

First off, get some more posts bro, you've been here too long sending me emails and pms:p.

Second, I fixed your links in my quote.

Now, when I made Derpizard, I did palette changes by inserting the palette into the rom using NSE 2.X and then manually changing the pointers in a hex editor so I could do them all at once (I used the same palette for 90% of the images) on Ruby. My best bet is that you didn't do a compressed palette insertion.

However, you can also do it the way I did it. Restore the palette from a back-up or using APE if you can. Then, open your sprite in NSE 2.X and go into the File menu and click "insert". Then go and click "compressed" and then finally "palette". Then, search in the rom using a hex editor and look for the pointer to the data for the original palette. Then change that pointer to reflect the new palette you just inserted.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2013
Hi there again everyone,
I'm back with another question, this time it's more of a problem I have with my edited FireRed ROM.
I've been editing for about 2 weeks now, and I'd been testing it out ocasionally on VBA just to make sure it was running correctly and displaying what I was editing.
Recently I came up with two errors that I can't solve on my own.

- the game resets when I bring up the menu and click on my character's name to see the ID/badges etc
- it also resets when I bring up the menu and click on POKÉDEX »»» (ANY OPTION) »»» (ANY POKÉMON) »»» CLICK 'A' TO SEE MORE DETAILS ON THE DESCRIPTION TEXT MENU

My guess for this to be happening is that I used Advance Text and it moved around some dialogues to different areas. Could it be that it somehow erased critical data to show those menus correctly?
Is there anything I can do to fix these errors?
Thank you guys!

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
When you re-point to offsets with no free space then yeah, you will get errors. you are overwriting the code, so obviously there's going to be errors!

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Hi everyone. I asked if someone could help me on this thread about this a while ago, but nobody responded. Can someone tell me if I'm doing anything wrong trying to put my tile map(attached below) into my Ruby version intro? I followed the tutorial on inserting Ruby Title screen step by step, but it comes up all messed up. Can anybody help me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back