• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OC x OVP love child.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Trivia is clearly the most relevant forum of these, so it's going to stay up there. After all, how many higher staff have been promoted after modding OC? The number is very simple: 0. And OT was MY first forum so there is nothing else to discuss here. Full stop.
More people have been promoted to higher staff from OVP than OT. The only person I can think of getting promoted to hstaff from OT is you, whereas OVP has a great history of great higher staff members: Mr Cat Dog, Chairman Kaga, Sammi, Audy, and myself! OVP is clearly the most relevant of the four and should be treated as such by being granted the first forum in the category.

I've never actually understood the listing of the forums in Off-Topic. It seems kind of counter-intuitive to me. In my opinion it should go:

Other Chat
Other Voting Polls
Other Clubs
Other Trivia

That echoes the Alternative Pokemon Discussion forum way more accurately and it also just looks nicer and neater in general.
Agreed. Bumping this up to HQ for consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Personally I think Other Voting Polls should be stuck to the bottombecause it looks really weird sticking out like that when you're listing them like that. The other ones are fine because they're close together in length but god OVP sticks out like a sore thumb. And no I don't care if it doesn't seem to on the front page.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years

More people have been promoted to higher staff from OVP than OT. The only person I can think of getting promoted to hstaff from OT is you, whereas OVP has a great history of great higher staff members: Mr Cat Dog, Chairman Kaga, Sammi, Audy, and myself! OVP is clearly the most relevant of the four and should be treated as such by being granted the first forum in the category.
As an ex-S-Mod and Führer of PokéCommunity, one shouldn't forget our fallen comrade The Fallen, and our current Führer-by-a-different-name Lightning. QED, OVP is the most important forum not only for the public interest, but also for career ascendancy.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Why don't we just pull PVP out and merge it with OVP? That way we can just say "put ALL your polls related to ANYTHING in here". We could rename it back to Mixed Voting Polls (MVP) too.

I know what I'm talking about, MCD is right. I modded OVP before it was even called OVP. Now it's uncool and too mainstream and we need to take it back to its roots.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm not sharing Pokemon Trivia if that happens. :c That's my section and I intend on keeping it just mine.

Years
I'm not sharing Pokemon Trivia if that happens. :c That's my section and I intend on keeping it just mine.

All part of the plan.

tumblr_lyaf4puHG51qi7bwn.gif

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
pft. Then I refuse for that to happen. Pokemon Trivia is my baby!

Years
As an ex-S-Mod and Führer of PokéCommunity, one shouldn't forget our fallen comrade The Fallen, and our current Führer-by-a-different-name Lightning. QED, OVP is the most important forum not only for the public interest, but also for career ascendancy.

And Miyu-chan! Or was it Myiu-chan? And I'm pretty sure Kayleigh was there at some point too. :s
inb4 "who are those people again"

But don't merge OVP and PVP, Miss Hipster, that'll just get confusing and OVP has enough issues as it. >:\

Cherrim

Years
Miyu!

I don't really remember Kayleigh being there but it wouldn't surprise me if she had been. (Honestly, I just plain don't remember her as anything but an s-mod, haha.)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Why don't we just pull PVP out and merge it with OVP? That way we can just say "put ALL your polls related to ANYTHING in here". We could rename it back to Mixed Voting Polls (MVP) too.

Unless you're modding Toujours in OVP then I'm completely opposed to this. And does OVP aka moderation-free section really need three mods? lol (the answer is no).

Cherrim

Years
well we'd probably just draw names out of a hat for people to fire anyway.

s'what we normally do when we merge forums.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well... there's an easy option. Shining and Toujours are basically married, just put them two in OVP and fire Sammi since she doesn't get along w/ Shining anyway and she can get away from this insane asylum known as PC.

Cherrim

Years
i suppose we could also promote the OVP mods as tradition dictates.

Years
If we are going to promote Sammi, we should make her quit first. To keep the tradition, you know.

Man, I already quit twice*, if I quit again the 3-strikes rule goes into effect and I can't work here anymore.

**** THAT I'M NOT LEAVING STAFF EVEN IF I HAVE TO MOD EMULATION THE REST OF MY CAREER. I like my shiny blue username. >:(

* the first being the one rage-quit thread I did in like summer 2007 that Andy reversed within hours but still you ****ers would count that against me. I KNOW HOW IT GOES.

Back