• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen News Discussion Thread [use the threads in forum for new things]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
"Following on from our reveal on Monday, the official site has confirmed that Pokémon Smash's episode due to air on the 15th will air footage of Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 including having Junichi Masuda on show for a playthrough and showcasing a promotional video. This is also said to showcase a battle between Black Kyurem & White Kyurem and showcase more information on the Pokémon Meloetta. This follows on from the episode due to air this weekend which will also show some Black 2 & White 2 information. Keep your eyes on our site for the news as it happens"

Can't wait!! The April 8th episode of Smash is close, and then after that we'll only have to wait a few more days for the Coro Coro leak, and then after the leaks we'll only have a few days to wait for footage of the game from Smash! Exciting!

blue

gucci
Years
It's the news we've been waiting for! If only it was the upcoming Pokémon Smash, oh well atleast we'll get a preview.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I hope the graphics are better for Sprites compared to BW at least. A battle between Black and White Kyurem, maybe we'll get to see their Signature moves.

blue

gucci
Years
Did anyone else see the rumors on pokejungle???

I just saw it, I can't wait to find out the background to these games, if they are going to be sequels as GSC were to RBY, I wonder (doubt) if Sinnoh will make an appearance, RBY had Kanto then that was followed by GSC with Johto and Kanto so therefore if it's following the same trend it's likely but again, I wouldn't put money on it.

Years
Did anyone else see the rumors on pokejungle???

I read through. I find it very difficult to believe that anything would leak onto the English-speaking scene first, but I never believe or discount anything without a lot of evidence.

Out of the things they mentioned there, I think that a new region (especially if they keep Unova G/S Style) would be great. I really didn't like Unova, but this should give the game more longevity. New pokemon could be interesting. They risk making it stale if they use the original trio. I'd be interested to see a non-elemental starter trio (maybe fighting, dark, psychic?), if they did keep the original Unova Dex. Overall, there are some very specific rumours there. If it is a lie, it's very elaborate.

I guess we won't know any more for another week or so.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
I just saw it, I can't wait to find out the background to these games, if they are going to be sequels as GSC were to RBY, I wonder (doubt) if Sinnoh will make an appearance, RBY had Kanto then that was followed by GSC with Johto and Kanto so therefore if it's following the same trend it's likely but again, I wouldn't put money on it.

If there's one thing that I've learned from GameFreak these past couple of years, it's that anything is possible. I could definitely see Sinnoh making an appearance in the game, but not the whole region. If anything, it would be like travelling to Johto in rijonAdventures in which only a few areas are accessible.

I can't wait for tomorrow!

You and the rest of us, my friend! Woot! :D

blue

gucci
Years

If there's one thing that I've learned from GameFreak these past couple of years, it's that anything is possible. I could definitely see Sinnoh making an appearance in the game, but not the whole region. If anything, it would be like travelling to Johto in rijonAdventures in which only a few areas are accessible.

You and the rest of us, my friend! Woot! :D

Well yeah, that's what I was expecting and even though we have Sinnoh in 3D, I'd still love to see Sinnoh again I mean it's been 6 years now and it can potentially look better but I wouldn't be disappointed if it didn't make an appearence and like you said if it did it wouldn't be the full storyline and region.

Also, is something happening tomorrow on Pokémon Smash?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The rumors don't sound very realistic, they sound a lot like things some of us have speculated on here, a grass bird, a platypus...and if there was a Fire elephant it'll break the Zodiac theme...
I hope Pokesmash can confirm these one way or another...I'm leaning on fake.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Sounds very fake to me.

And yes, we can expect something on Smash tomorrow as the website claims it has "lots of B2/W2 information".

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Sounds very fake to me.

And yes, we can expect something on Smash tomorrow as the website claims it has "lots of B2/W2 information".

That's supposed to be the 15th's Smash, not the 8th. I don't think there was a preview for this week's Smash having any news on this matter.

We could have some info, but the 15th for sure we will have Smash info. 14th for us in the states.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
That's supposed to be the 15th's Smash, not the 8th. I don't think there was a preview for this week's Smash having any news on this matter.

We could have some info, but the 15th for sure we will have Smash info. 14th for us in the states.

No, the 8th Smash is also meant to have news, it says it on the official Smash website under April 8th. Here: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anime/smash/

It just simply says "and lots of B2/W2 information!".

But the 15th is where Masuda is appearing and actually showing the game.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Oh? None of the big sites say anything about the 8th. Weird.

Serebii mentioned it briefly in an update but thats about it. I think its because they didn't actually show a video preview of it like they usually do which I find odd considering it states "lots of information" will be revealed. I don't think it'll be lots, but I do hope its something good that they reveal.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Serebii mentioned it briefly in an update but thats about it. I think its because they didn't actually show a video preview of it like they usually do which I find odd considering it states "lots of information" will be revealed. I don't think it'll be lots, but I do hope its something good that they reveal.

It doesn't say Lots of Information, it says News Lots of B2W2 which could mean that they'd mention it more or anything.

blue

gucci
Years
Oh I see well that's definitely something to look forward to, it may not be footage but it's information we've been waiting for.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
It doesn't say Lots of Information, it says News Lots of B2W2 which could mean that they'd mention it more or anything.

Actually, it full it says "In addition, the latest news Lots of "Pokemon Black 2 White 2"!"

The latest news obviously means new information since well, there really is no 'latest' news considering nothing about the game has been shown/revealed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back