• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
The only thing that we can really do to help "baby hacks" is to encourage them, like we do with every single one. It's unfortunate that we can't do more, but the final say goes to the person making the Hack whether or not it finishes.

Another thing is that while a great majority of Hack Players enjoy hacks like Fuligin and Snakewood, a great majority of actual PC identities do not. They want a hardcore pokemon game, not a comic relief game with decent mapping and a humerous storyline. Thats why you can see a lot of one-or-two-posters on POkemon Fuligin's page.

And if you really wanted help, I could do some maps or scripts for you...

Thank you, teejermister. I'd appriciate that alot. I understand what you mean. Sorry it's just my personality I always feel the need to speak whatever's on my mind in everything lol. I'll get back to the topic of the thread.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Thank you, teejermister. I'd appriciate that alot. I understand what you mean. Sorry it's just my personality I always feel the need to speak whatever's on my mind in everything lol. I'll get back to the topic of the thread.

Yeah, no problem. Just PM me if you want me to do anything.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Sure, I would appriciate a few maps from you after my mapper and my extra scripter finish editing on the rom. The maps & all the other issues being repeatively mentioned are all My doing. I'm not an expert with most hacking tools. However, I am getting help from ppl who Do know what they're doing better and will expand/revamp the errors I've done. Give it time & all of the problems will be resolved unless I like the idea personally and want it to stay. I respect the criticism, however as I said, I never planed on releasing this hack to everyone on a public website. Me and a few companions of mine do these for fun. I simply said "wth lol" and decided to make a thread. So if there are things a person personally doesn't like and want it to go, I would like that person to Work with me and I'll consider changing it.
BTW it's called Core Region because it's in the Center of the Pokemon Universe. Of course, I forgot to mention that in the story section so that's my fault.

No worries just let me know when ya ready.
Thats okay I understand, as you told me earlier you have only been hacking for 7 months, I've been hacking on and off for the last 4 years, to be honest your hack is about 5 times better then what my first hack was like. You will learn just like anything all it takes is experience, I just try make my maps natural, unlike the pokemon series which for some reason puts things in patterns for example ( _-_-_ ) -,_ = flowers lol.
Flowers, trees and such aren't placed in patterns in real life, there scattered randomly, same with rocks, raising and lowering the ground, and water, puddles and so on, so just think about that when mapping. Well if you ever need any help or advice just let me know, I see potential in this hack so don't give up :)
Oh yeah that makes sense now, nice!

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I'm taking in request for new OW sprites & new rival/best friend OW sprites. So if any spriters feel their sprites would be perfect for this hack, pls PM me. What is everyone's thoughts on these:

15ouexs.png

70jjoh.png

21jucdh.png

Write a comment if you believe these are better OWs. I got these from my good buddy NO_obslayer. I'm also looking for Battle Backgrounds. If anyone knows where I can find some pretty cool ones to insert or have some, pls PM me. I'll be updating next week with improved and updated maps. As well as a new Pokemon list. Thanks to everyone who's assisting me now, has offered, or will assist me later on in the development of my hack.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
I'm taking in request for new OW sprites & new rival/best friend OW sprites. So if any spriters feel their sprites would be perfect for this hack, pls PM me. What is everyone's thoughts on these:

15ouexs.png

70jjoh.png

21jucdh.png

Write a comment if you believe these are better OWs. I got these from my good buddy NO_obslayer. I'm also looking for Battle Backgrounds. If anyone knows where I can find some pretty cool ones to insert or have some, pls PM me. I'll be updating next week with improved and updated maps. As well as a new Pokemon list. Thanks to everyone who's assisting me now, has offered, or will assist me later on in the development of my hack.

There really good, alot better then the OW you had.
Can't wait to see them in!

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Hey DarkRisingGirl, I have a full set of Ash's OWs & battle backrounds from Wesley FG that look nice. The Ash OW is in Sinnoh style apparently. Are you OK with these?

If you agree, I'll send you the sprites

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Yes, that would be great thank you. If you can insert, that would be even better. But, yes you can send me what you have.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
25hk3r5.jpg
1058jdc.png
Well, ASH is all fixed up and ready.

BTW, does Anyone know how to recreate the double battle in G/S/C when the player & Lance team up in a double battle? I could really use a script event like that. If anyone knows how & willing to help, Pls PM me. I have a Really cool idea with the player & your friend rival in a double battle against Tornadus/Thunderus.
Also, I forgot to address the Giratina in Gym issue.

(SPOILER ALERT!):

Yami Yugi is the 7th gym leader, yes. However, he does Not have Giratina at first. As I've said, all of the legendary Pokemon are being mind-controlled by the force the voice in the dream spoke of & you have to stop most of them. When you reach the town the 7th gym is located at, by talking to ppl you'll realize no one ever sees the gym leader as he is rumored to stay confined and wll appear Only if the shadows threaten the world. Before you can enter the 7th gym, you must find Yugi inside a cave. There, you'll see Giratina has defeated Yugi. The player steps up and battles it. After you defeat Giratina, Yugi captures it with a Masterball(Yes I know what you're thinking... "Why couldn't he just throw the darn thing when he first saw Giratina?!") and decides to return to the gym to have a battle with you. He decides to use the Giratina against you(Not gonna get into why.). This is the Only gym leader with a legendary & I hope this clears things up for some ppl's dislikes.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
@ DRG: Hey, sorry if this is rude but I think the Ash sprite is screwed up.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
The Trainer sprite? Yeah I may have resized it & messed it up abit. I'll get to fixing it or a better one. But the OW is the exact one from the website you and atif addressed me too.

No, you won't be able to catch Giratina. The only Legendaries you'll be able to catch are these:

u7bih.png
The Good Legendaries on this list are the only catchable ones. Keldeo is your rival's legendary but he will give it to you later on in the game.
23rjmus.png
These are the Bad Legendaries who are mostly mentioned and being mind-controlled. They will not be catchable.

72blsn.png
I decided to use this little present box for items laying around on the floor in the hack lol. So stuff likes Potions/TMs/etc in random areas can be found in these.

Repost: BTW, does Anyone know how to recreate the double battle in G/S/C when the player & Lance team up in a double battle? I could really use a script event like that. If anyone knows how & willing to help, Pls PM me. I have a Really cool idea with the player & your friend rival in a double battle against Tornadus/Thunderus.

Last edited:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Great job on the POKéMON sprites,but I think everyone would totally love it if they are able to catch the every POKéMON.
I'll send you updates tommorow :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
I agree with everyone thats saying we should be able to catch ever pokemon

I like the idea of the presents around the map

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@ Tajaros- Yeah I already have'em.

Awhile ago, Tajaros brought up something when he was playing through my hack to add more updated events to my scripts. He said "Why does Salamence learn Hydro Pump?". I forgot to mention that every pokemon in this hack will learn some of their best egg moves from gen 3-5 by leveling up. I feel this adds more fun to the game and you don't have to breed(Do ppl even breed in hack games?) to get a certain attack. Some few examples of this are:

Salamence learning Hydro Pump when normally you'd have to breed to get this move.

Tyranitar/Feraligator learning Dragon Dance

Swellow learning Heat Wave

I used the pokedex on Serebii.net

And yes...Speed Boost Torchic is in the hack...Smh(Can't stand going up against that thing in B/W wifi battles.) Updated pictures will be posted this week.

smrjmv.png
The Mind-Control doesn't work on Arceus.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
O_O

I notice something about almost ALL the Pokemon games and hacks. That the Pokemon are ALWAYS highly overleveled. When they reach the elite 4 or something. Please don't make that so in ur hack :D I'm highly anticipating this hack!!!

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@ SkyIsDarkBlue- Sorry to tell ya, but this hack will be difficult, at least from the start of things. The first gym leader's Heatmor is very hard to beat going by my personal experiences playing through. However, I feel it depends on teambuilding. If you build an all-around balance team, you should be alright. The difficulty is another reason why I gave Pokemon their eggs moves. So they can learn a wide variety of different attacks and support moves. In the case of Heatmor, if you catch a Gligar that commonly pops up near Tiki Village/Lavaburn Forest(Which is before the first gym), it knows Dig & Roost(May have to lv up some before it learns Roost I think). Which should make your battle against Heatmor alot easier. Also, Gible learns a ground type attack pretty quickly & it is a starter.

@MidnightShine- I don't know, we'll see. A new trainer catching all these legendaries in his/her 40+ hr long journey is kind of a slap to the face to Ash, who's seen every legendary & never caught any lol. I just feel a 16yr old should not be able to catch any legendary pokemon unless it Wants to join his/her team on it's own free will. But this is a hack based on fun, so we'll see. I may add more to be obtainable by special events.

Question: Is it possible for Stealth Rocks to be added to a hack by simply puting Spikes effect & changing the type to Rock in the A-tack program? I mean, Scald was pretty easy. Give it it's original atk power from B/W, the burn effect, pp, type, and that's it.

Last edited:
Back