• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mouse or touchpad?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Thank GOD you can plug in a mouse and separate keyboard on laptops.

I couldn't use them otherwise. Definitely a mouse.

Years
Because whenever I am on my laptop, I am also on my bed, I use the touchpad.

Not that there's anything wrong with it i think; I've gotten by using it for years without much hindrance. No real need for a mouse.

Massively considering changing my stance on this. While I still don't mind using my laptop's touchpad, I feel like a decent part of me really misses having a mouse. It kind of provides a different sort of comfort and experience that I can't get with a touchpad alone.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
Thank GOD you can plug in a mouse and separate keyboard on laptops.

I couldn't use them otherwise. Definitely a mouse.

true, because most times the keyboard that comes with a laptop, idk about desktops. Suck, they break easily unlike the keyboards you buy seperately. Mouse, i just hate the feeling sometimes :/ I hade one mousepad that was bumpy af for some reason and it was horrid.

Now for the main question, mousepads or mouses?
I gotta go with mouses, but only if I had the space, because if you are using a laptop and you put it in your lap with no surface area near you. It would be difficult to use a mouse, but mousepads are bad to me. I hate that Macs dont have right click, well the right click like a windows computer. you gotta have two fingers on the pad to scroll (i think newer windows does that too) and to right click. Each to their own ya know?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I actually can't stand using a mouse with my laptop because the touchpad on my Macbook is just so good. I am utterly ambivalent to osx, but I keep buying Macbooks just for the touchpad gestures because they're so good for my productivity.

But for my desktop, especially with three monitors, I can't imagine not using a mouse.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
I actually can't stand using a mouse with my laptop because the touchpad on my Macbook is just so good. I am utterly ambivalent to osx, but I keep buying Macbooks just for the touchpad gestures because they're so good for my productivity.

But for my desktop, especially with three monitors, I can't imagine not using a mouse.

It all depends on use of the device and which devices you use really.

Years
Mouse. Touchpads are nearly satanic in their annoyingness.

An arcade knob thing would be brilliant, in a horrible sort of way.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I use a mouse. My touchpad doesn't let me scroll, so it's harder to use. I think it's because my laptop is also older as well. I do use the touchpad, but that's only when I need to hook my iTunes cord to my iPod and add more music. I haven't actually done so in a very long time though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I haven't used a mouse since 2010 unless I'm obviously using a computer somewhere. I also can't use trackpads that aren't on MacBooks because they're not as intuitive. I'm not an Apple fanboy anymore, but if there's one thing Apple got right, it's touchpad functionality.

Last edited:
Years
my laptop's touchpad is good. i use it 95% of the time and its awesome. i use mouse though when a few of my fingers get tired pointing and swiping

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
The touch pad on my laptop is super fucked and so sometimes when I'm typing the side of my hand will brush it and it'll click on something random and fuck up everything. I almost exclusively use my mouse, though it's extremely clicky and I want one that's much quieter. Also, using my touch pad puts my wrist at an uncomfortable angle.

Back