• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Action Replay question

I finally ordered today 3DS XL , after some years I didn't touched Pokemon games (since 2005) I can finally play again now, the problem is, I saw that there is A tons of Unique Pokemons, that only obtainable through events, but most of them if not all of them already over, my question is, it's "Legit" to use Action Replay Just for the Events and Events Pokemons that i Missed?

I won't get ban from the online by using AR for EVENTS?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't know if they'll be allowed online, but you're honestly better off checking trade shops here on PC for the event Pokemon you missed. Hopefully some nice people will trade them to you, and since PC's Trade Corner doesn't allow hacks (ie. Pokemon from action replay), then you're pretty much guaranteed a legit Pokemon.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

I'm fairly sure that if you didn't directly hack in the pokemon itself, then you could definitely use them online. For example, using AR to make all your pokemon encounters shiny still creates "legit" pokemon that you could use for battling.

The same should apply for events. If you've only used AR to trigger events, then you should be safe... For example, using AR to get the event item Azure Flute. Azure Flute then triggers the event to allow you to acquire a non-hacked Arceus.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You can do what molivious suggested, but remember that if you do and you decide to trade with people, do not offer hacks. You'll get infracted for trading them. That's here on PC, anyway. If you do it over GTS, then that sucks for them. Though it's a bit distasteful anyway, and I'd advise you not trade them at all.

I know how you feel though. I had to hack in the 4th gen events cause I didn't have wifi back then.

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
So I think that im fine lol, sorry for all this crappy questions, but there is even A chance to get ban from the online/tradings thing?

someone here ever got ban or know someone who got ban for using Action Replay for "Legit" things only like adding TMs/Money or by getting "Events Pokemons"

Not that I will ever want to ruin my game by adding max stats pokemons or some crazy **** -__-

I will use it only for Events, and maybe to add some TMs (need some Earthquakes
11.%20wink.gif
)

Edit : for the one above, yea it's sucks that only because I didn't had DS I missed basicly all of the events...

I want all those unique Pokemons like the Surfing and the Flying Pikachu, the Spiked ear Pichu, Shiny beasts, shiny Milotic, Mewtwo, Mew, all of those uniques (there's freaking tons of them...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
No one gets banned for hacking in extra TMs and Rare Candy and such. Even cloning with an AR is acceptable. It's just the Pokemon obtained with it that aren't going to fly.

Also, for future reference, if you're going to swear, don't try to filter it by adding characters like ! in place of an i. Just type the word like you normally would and let the censors pick it up. You can get in trouble for bypassing it.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

It's important to note that: using AR to acquire distributed event pokemon, such as the Shiny beasts from Gamestop (specific movesets), the exclusive VGC Shiny Milotic, etc, automatically flags your pokemon as hacked.

The reason behind this is that these pokemon are, as mentioned, given away through specific means. Yes, they are event pokemon. But there are no "in-game events" that allow you to capture these pokemon legitimately. You will only be able to legally acquire these exclusive pokemon during the events.

So yeah, AR can never simulate a "giveaway". Be careful of using AR through these means or even trading with others that have such. Thankfully, PokeCom's trade corner is a safehouse.

These are prime examples of pokemon you shouldn't use online, if you "cheated" for them via AR, that is.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
It's important to note that: using AR to acquire distributed event pokemon, such as the Shiny beasts from Gamestop (specific movesets), the exclusive Shiny Milotic from a certain championship, etc, automatically flags your pokemon as hacked.

The reason behind this is that these pokemon are, as mentioned, given away through specific means. Yes, they are event pokemon. But there are no "in-game events" that allow you to capture these pokemon legitimately. You will only be able to legally acquire these exclusive pokemon during the events.

So yeah, AR can never simulate a "giveaway". Be careful of using AR, and even trading with others.

So I should do only the "Quest Events"

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Preferrably, just to be safe.

I mean, no one's stopping you from hacking in the rest of the event pokemon. Just be aware that you're putting yourself at risk if you do so.

I will only do the quest events, I don't want any risks... that's why all those question lol, I don't want to ruin my online/trading/whatever for Pokemons that not have any value other than make ur boxes looks nice lol,

but I will definitely do the Arceus event and the rest of the quest events,

btw how many "Quest Events" there in HG/SS?

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

lol, was too slow... but I've edited my previous post XD

Anyway, good question. [This] is a list for HG/SS in-game events. All of which will require you to trade...

Platinum has pretty much "everything", though. See [this] link. As long as it doesn't have "giveaway" in the description, there's an event/another way to get it.

Using AR, you could only unlock 4 events for Platinum -- namely by obtaining Secret Key (gives Rotom), Member Card (Darkrai), Azure Flute (Arceus) and Oak's Letter (Shaymin).

edit: Oh right, add [this] to the HG/SS events. Good luck!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
I'm playing explorers of sky and trying to recruit a pokemon whose IQ group is group B.
Since I'll give it all the gummies I have to make it the new team leader, I have to choose what to recruit wisely.
Celebi, Manaphy, Jirachi and Lapras seem useful among group B, but I have to choose only one of them because I don't have much time to raise all four of their IQ.
Can you recommend a group B pokemon who can be a good leader?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Have you completed the game?
'cause there's no point in making new leader unless you have completed the game =)
I would advise either Jirachi or Manaphy but it depends on the rest of the team.
What other Pokemon you want to use?

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
I almost have completed the game story. I already went to Azurill's nightmare and now only Palkia and Darkrai are left.
When I finish the story and get a new leader, I'm gonna evolve my starter Chimchar and partner Turtwig and still use them as team members. And I'm planning to get a Drifblim as a team member.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I almost have completed the game story. I already went to Azurill's nightmare and now only Palkia and Darkrai are left.
When I finish the story and get a new leader, I'm gonna evolve my starter Chimchar and partner Turtwig and still use them as team members. And I'm planning to get a Drifblim as a team member.
Iron Head Jirachi can prove to be real toughie but...
Water types are always useful in PMDs so... go for Mana ;)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
There is a place, but it was only activated by an event that can no longer be accessed. If you still need a Darkrai, you could browse the trade shops in Trade Corner for one. And you can read about the Darkrai events here. :) Pretty sure that the one that had a specific location took place on New Moon Island.

In the future, if you have questions about a specific generation of Pokemon, please use the corresponding Q&A thread. In this case, you would use the 4th Gen help thread in 4th Generation Gaming.

tovirex

ToviRex
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2013
Try to Catch 'em all! —Games required

Sup guys!
I've just finished re-playing Gold on my GameBoy Advance and I started wondering, which games do you need to Catch 'em all?
I mean, you could get Black 2 and start Wi-Fi trading, but it won't be very entertaining per se.
If you were to get all the Pokémon games to the date, obviously you'd be able to do it, but it'd be very expensive.
Which is the minimum quantity of games you need? And number of consoles?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I remember in 4th gen you needed all of the games, because... If you get Platinum, for example:

- Need Diamond for Stunky
- Need Pearl for Glameow
- Need HeartGold for legendary exclusives like Kyogre, Latios, etc.
- Need SoulSilver for legendary exclusives as well as the Jade Orb because you need to trade Kyogre to SoulSilver to access Rayquaza (or Groudon to HeartGold)
- Generally you need a Johto game and a Sinnoh game to access a large roster.

In general, GF always makes it so that, within the same generation, you need all the games to get the exclusives. You can, and must in some cases, transfer from old generation in order to complete the Pokédex, which requires more games and therefore a higher price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back