• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
I'm editing some maps in Emerald for fun. I was just wondering how to make water divable and then connect it to another map when you dive. Do you just use a warp?

~Dark Breloom

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Hey guys, I need help!!
I made an extension to Altering Cave, BUT when I tried to enter it, the screen just went black. Why is this? Any help on fixing this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Chaos Control!! *warps away*

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
I'm editing some maps in Emerald for fun. I was just wondering how to make water divable and then connect it to another map when you dive. Do you just use a warp?

~Dark Breloom

From what I can tell, there are two ways. The first is a simple connection, like when doing connections left, right, up and down. There is also dive and emerge, which work in RSE. Also, some tiles work by using the warp4 command. But the dive/emerge connection only works on certain tiles, while the warp4 method works only on other tiles. Compare to a clean Emerald to see what I mean.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Hi.

I'm currently making a hack, and have run into a problem. For reference I'm using Fire Red with JPAN's hacked Fire Red patch.

For some reason, Pallet Town has messed up Map Connections. When you go north to exit, the normal path out is blocked by the border tiles, and there are infinite trees like the rest of the border. Same goes down south where you would normally surf south.

I've looked at the map connections and they are fine and lined up properly. You can even get into Pallet Town by setting a warp to Route 1 and walking back down, but once you get in Pallet Town you get locked in again.

Anyone heard of this before?

Thank you :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hi.

I'm currently making a hack, and have run into a problem. For reference I'm using Fire Red with JPAN's hacked Fire Red patch.

For some reason, Pallet Town has messed up Map Connections. When you go north to exit, the normal path out is blocked by the border tiles, and there are infinite trees like the rest of the border. Same goes down south where you would normally surf south.

I've looked at the map connections and they are fine and lined up properly. You can even get into Pallet Town by setting a warp to Route 1 and walking back down, but once you get in Pallet Town you get locked in again.

Anyone heard of this before?

Thank you :)

Check that the connection is perfect in both directions (ie, go to the route 1 map and check that side of the connection too). If they're both fine then delete and try the connection again, if that then doesn't work... your ROM may well be messed up.

I've heard this is a problem with the latest version of A-Map, I had the same problem for my hack. Best solution is starting again or starting from a backup.

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
I have two question hope can reply me.
1)I have a scripting question.I use XSE,how to scripting player ow sprite change to another sprite.Like Pokemon Ash Gray Version.

2)How to change pokemon battle background?I dont know.

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2012
While inserting my personal character of Skyler Gordon for my ROM and to create a tutorial, I encountered a problem... What's happened?

Spoiler:

Please help, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm doing everything correct!

redriders180

Years
While inserting my personal character of Skyler Gordon for my ROM and to create a tutorial, I encountered a problem... What's happened?

Spoiler:

Please help, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm doing everything correct!
It looks like the palette for the sprite didn't get changed. Try changing the palette in APE or NSE

I have two question hope can reply me.
1)I have a scripting question.I use XSE,how to scripting player ow sprite change to another sprite.Like Pokemon Ash Gray Version.

2)How to change pokemon battle background?I dont know.

1. ASM, or get JPANs hack engine

2. Click

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
Any idea how I could change the palattes for the images of charizard/venasaur/blastoise/pikachu that appear in the ending sequence for fire red? They share the same palettes as their standard pokemon sprite counterparts which I've all changed so they look messed up. It appears that they point to a table of data and not the palette itself, so I'm having trouble finding the pointers. Thanks.

Do I have to click anything after I've finished the palette in APE? I did everything and there is no 'Save'...
Just reload the palette offset you changed to check if it's saved. The "Replace" button is the save button basically.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Hey guys, I need help!!
I made an extension to Altering Cave, BUT when I tried to enter it, the screen just went black. Why is this? Any help on fixing this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

May somebody please answer the above question?
Thank you very much!!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
May somebody please answer the above question?
Thank you very much!!

We're going to need more information on that, there's not really much we can help you with with that information alone. First, what type of tile did you put the warp on? Are you sure you have the right map ID? Is this the Vanilla game you're hacking, or is this a hack that someone else made that you're editing?

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2020
We're going to need more information on that, there's not really much we can help you with with that information alone. First, what type of tile did you put the warp on? Are you sure you have the right map ID? Is this the Vanilla game you're hacking, or is this a hack that someone else made that you're editing?
I am hacking a real emerald (U). Basically, in an unhacked emerald, you go into a really boring altering cave, find a bunch of zubats, and leave depressed. What I did was I edited the altering cave by putting a bunch of mazes, and extending the dimensions. You still enter in the cave the same way as you would in an un-hacked Emerald. I also tried creating a ladder tile in littleroot with a warp tile, but the screen blacked out as well. I'm pretty sure I have the right map ID (24.106). If there's anything else left unclear, please ask.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 6, 2023
I am hacking a real emerald (U). Basically, in an unhacked emerald, you go into a really boring altering cave, find a bunch of zubats, and leave depressed. What I did was I edited the altering cave by putting a bunch of mazes, and extending the dimensions. You still enter in the cave the same way as you would in an un-hacked Emerald. I also tried creating a ladder tile in littleroot with a warp tile, but the screen blacked out as well. I'm pretty sure I have the right map ID (24.106). If there's anything else left unclear, please ask.

The numbers need to be hex, so 24.106 would be 18.6A
So try warp 0x18 0x6A

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2012
Can somebosy give addresess for emerland backsprites? Namely backsprites of main characters and Wally) I found three of Wallies backsprites manually throught NSE 2.0 but I'm unable to locate others(

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2012
Well... becose I didn't know about them) I used TileMolester through but it mess trainers backsprites...

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Ironically I have a problem I previously helped answered, except this time my solution won't work :P

ConnectionFail-1.png

A-Map connection problems again.

Spoiler:

Is there any way to tweak this so my connection actually shows up? I'm fed up with this happening to me :(

redriders180

Years
Ironically I have a problem I previously helped answered, except this time my solution won't work :P

ConnectionFail-1.png

A-Map connection problems again.

Spoiler:

Is there any way to tweak this so my connection actually shows up? I'm fed up with this happening to me :(

I don't know if this is the reason, but I think the Pokemon games don't like connections with odd numbers, i.e. the -3.

...04 00 00 00 FD FF FF FF 03 13

I'm wondering if this part is the one that controls the connection. 04 could be direction, 00 00 the Zero Out, FD is -3 in hex, 03 is obviously 3 in hex, and 13 is 19 in hex, which matches up with the pictures. So, I guess either change the offset to an even number, and if that doesn't work...*shudders*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back