• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script 'Scene_Intro' line 78: NameError occurred.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
HI guys! So I'm venturing into creating a game of Pokemon. I have all the equipment: fantasy (much), rpg xp and pokemon essentials. Now, the problem:
I do not know how it happened, but after several changes, I tried to start the test of the game and I went out this inscription:

"Script 'Scene_Intro' line 78: NameError occurred.

uninitialized constant IntroEventScene :: PBSpecies "
Please, help!

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2016
What did you changed exactly? Did you changed something in the compiler section, around line 2412?
Try to comment line 78 in Scene_Intro section, by putting # at its beginning, and see what happens next. If it works, try battling some pokemon.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
What did you changed exactly? Did you changed something in the compiler section, around line 2412?
Try to comment line 78 in Scene_Intro section, by putting # at its beginning, and see what happens next. If it works, try battling some pokemon.

Therefore, the only things I changed are the maps (I have created new ones) and of course I added the events.
scripts I do not ever touch them.
I will try as you suggested.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
Therefore, the only things I changed are the maps (I have created new ones) and of course I added the events.
scripts I do not ever touch them.
I will try as you suggested.

hello. I tried to do as you suggested, but it does not work ...

Years
Does it give the error when you chose new game? If that's the case then make sure the Prof. Oak(intro event) is set to autorun and not parallel process.

If not, then you probably changed something that broke the script.

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2016
In the Intro script there should be a command called "Play BGM: 'begin', 100, 100". Did you changed it? If yes, try to set it as default.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
I am sure that the problem must be at random. I'll explain: having several backup of the project, I noticed that the problem comes and goes at different times, in the sense that it is not due to something that I edit.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
What you did must be skipped the compiling part at the start of debug mode, never do that it might corrupt your whole data, let it compile all the lines and maps, and this might avoid the error in future.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 17, 2017
i am havinjg the same problem too when i added a trainer

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Script 'Scene_Intro' line 78: NameError occurred.

uninitialized constant IntroEventScene::PBSpecies
OK

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
Years
Found The Problem... I was also getting that error
You're all missing this script:
PBSpecies
Here it is:
Spoiler:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
That code is automatically generated when you compile your game. You don't need to type it out anywhere.

HM100

HM100 the Techno
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
It didn't for me...
I'm also missing PBMoves

Try doing the same on a clean-copy of Essentials 17.2. You must have changed someting on your compiler script section. If it is that case, please give us your code of Compler section so that we can help you any further.

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
Years
I didn't touch the compiler... I even copied the original scripts.rxdata file from Essentials v17.2...
Pls help

HM100

HM100 the Techno
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I didn't touch the compiler... I even copied the original scripts.rxdata file from Essentials v17.2...
Pls help
Then it must be the PBS files. Try replacing them with the original (But in the original ones you must copy your changes, this time without any errors) and tell us how it went. We can't help you otherwise if it it that case you mentioned.

Back