• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2013
Okay i have quite a few question i am almost sure i cant find in this thread so far.

1.Is it possible to remove pokemon from you, like if you talk to some one and he wants a pokemon so you give it to him.
2.How do I make it so you can nickname a pokemon you receive.
3.exactly how many flags can you make
4.lastly, I am trying to make it so you can go to all 4 areas of the pokemon world(I know, gonna take me forever) so how do I make it so you can move the map, ingame, so that it shows each part on a 'page'(I am using FR)

thanks in advanced ^-^

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Okay i have quite a few question i am almost sure i cant find in this thread so far.

1.Is it possible to remove pokemon from you, like if you talk to some one and he wants a pokemon so you give it to him.
2.How do I make it so you can nickname a pokemon you receive.
3.exactly how many flags can you make
4.lastly, I am trying to make it so you can go to all 4 areas of the pokemon world(I know, gonna take me forever) so how do I make it so you can move the map, ingame, so that it shows each part on a 'page'(I am using FR)

thanks in advanced ^-^
1. :\
2. call somethingorrather...it's in thethethethe's scripting tutorial.
3. You can go from 0x01 to 0xFFFF. Most of the ones before 0x1000 are used, though.
4. Not nearly enough fly spots or space, even on an expanded ROM; don't even try.

Years
So,what was I going to say?Oh,right.So I want to put Nat.Dex Pokemon in Shadow Blast.unfortunately,I haven't seen a way to activate the Nat.Dex in R/S.Does anybody know?Is there a special script?Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2013
So,what was I going to say?Oh,right.So I want to put Nat.Dex Pokemon in Shadow Blast.unfortunately,I haven't seen a way to activate the Nat.Dex in R/S.Does anybody know?Is there a special script?Thanks.
All that I know is that if you give your character a pokemon from the Nat.Dex, you automatically get it, like charmander.

1. :\
2. call somethingorrather...it's in thethethethe's scripting tutorial.
3. You can go from 0x01 to 0xFFFF. Most of the ones before 0x1000 are used, though.
4. Not nearly enough fly spots or space, even on an expanded ROM; don't even try.

Thank you, so heres some follow up questions

1.so you cant remove, or give away a pokemon? =[
2.is there enough for me to include johto and if possible hoenn?

again thanks in advanced ^^

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Code:
givepokemon 0x4002 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
Thats the charmander pokeball script. The 3rd 0x is the item hex code. Put the hex code in that spot in the script.
Huh ya really used part of Nintendo's scary level script? :D
I wouldn't use it... but since he wants all starters to be Eevee it doesn't matter...

Anyways to Westie : replace the 0x0 after 0x5 with 0x60 (Fire Stone), or 0x61 (Thunder Stone), or 0x62 (Water Stone)

2.is there enough for me to include johto and if possible hoenn?
Yeah ya can include 2 regions in one hack.
And remove pokemon... there's a way but... how to say it... it's way too complicated.
Try to pm/vm metapod23. He knows how to do it.

Years
Ok so this is what happens, i'm working on my own rom, and i got the starting map to work and i got the 2 map to work also, but now i changed some warps and stuff and when i go to the warp that goes from the first map to the second the games just stays black...

Anyone got an ideia how to fix this ?

Uh, even though this was aaaaaaaaaaages ago, there's been no proper answer and I have the same problem. Help, anyone?
I have added 03 as the unknown for the warp event and in Advance Map everyhting warps fine, just so you know. Finally, the map I' warping to was one I had inserted. I guess it has something to do with the Map Footer, but I'm unsure.

Last edited:
Years
I've got a question- well, request- can anyone link me to the old version of Overworld Editor? I want to use the +40 sprite patch, but can't edit them to the full if i've only got Overworld Editor RE. So, yeah, can anyone link me to the old one, please?

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2013
Yeah, that's right. Variables are 0x4000-0xFFFF plus a bunch of temp ones.

Oh okay thanks that would explain why 0xF000 didnt work as a flag thanks,

So I was looking into it and asked foullump if he knew anything about removing pokemon, and he said that there might be a removepokemon code but he doesnt know how it works(wether you just put pokemon number and level)

1.Does removepokemon work?
2.If so ,what are the parameters supposed to be?

Oh and

Yeah ya can include 2 regions in one hack.
And remove pokemon... there's a way but... how to say it... it's way too complicated.
Try to pm/vm metapod23. He knows how to do it.

is there enough for 3?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 6, 2012
Hello everyone.

This is a Fire Red ROM.

I was wondering if it was possible to make more room on a ROM for maps, like having the name on the list instead of choosing to re-name an already named map and thus change all of the original map to what I re-named that one to. Because my system of saving the names over old maps isn't the best.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
So I was looking into it and asked foullump if he knew anything about removing pokemon, and he said that there might be a removepokemon code but he doesnt know how it works(wether you just put pokemon number and level)

1.Does removepokemon work?
2.If so ,what are the parameters supposed to be?

There's no such "removepokemon" command, nor special. You have to use plain ASM.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I think there was a special, a bug in Pokemon Crono beta 1 that caused all of the player's Pokemon to disappear. But that was for Ruby.

A bug is not useful though :P
Anyway, thethethethe made a tutorial once, but the routine was buggy and never fixed, so not really usable. But yeah, I might be making something by myself someday.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Ash's Gray has script where one of your pokemon is removed...
And I don't think there's ASM used.

I don't know exactly, but if you say no ASM is involved, then it must be the Pokémon Day Care special. Which is not the same, obviously.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Is there any way to change the battle music of a certain trainer? (And no, Advance-Trainer CAN NOT do that)

Also if that's impossible, is there any way to change the music of a trainer class?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back