• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I just finished the game and entered White Forest for the first time. There were 5 people there, which I understood unlock certain Pokemon, from what I read online. However, there were no patches of grass or water? Will there be any if I talk to all the people there every day?

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I just finished the game and entered White Forest for the first time. There were 5 people there, which I understood unlock certain Pokemon, from what I read online. However, there were no patches of grass or water? Will there be any if I talk to all the people there every day?

I think that's just for regular B/W. :(

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Is it possible to transfer a pokemon out of the regional pokedex from BW to BW2 before getting the national pokedex?
Example: Send a Charmander from white to white 2 before having the national pokedex.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Is it possible to transfer a pokemon out of the regional pokedex from BW to BW2 before getting the national pokedex?
Example: Send a Charmander from white to white 2 before having the national pokedex.

Yes, it's possible to do that, but the Pokemon's Pokedex number will be displayed as "???."

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
I am totally lost!!! I just got done finding the Herdier in the ranch and everybody is now happy but I don't know where to go next!!! there is NO exit ANYWHERE out of the ranch and I don't know what to do next!!! can someone tell me where to go next???

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I am totally lost!!! I just got done finding the Herdier in the ranch and everybody is now happy but I don't know where to go next!!! there is NO exit ANYWHERE out of the ranch and I don't know what to do next!!! can someone tell me where to go next???

There is a way out, go back the way you came in and then you head back toward floccesy town and you will get stopped, after you fight the 2 school kids you can proceed to rt. 20.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Is it just me, or does the background sound just before a PWT match sound like JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!

Seriously. Thats what it sounds like to me.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
Another burning question from the Dark Blade:

How many BPs are you awarded for winning the PWT Rental Tournament?

I'd like to know if this thing is worth it to me, as I lost this one three times in a row, two of them in the first round.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Is it just me, or does the background sound just before a PWT match sound like JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!

Seriously. Thats what it sounds like to me.

I thought it was Larry. Jerry makes it funnier though.

Anyway, is B2W2 like BW in that you have to beat the first gym before you can trade? I think that's a bit silly...since previous games just had you get the Pokedex and then you were set. But I just wanna make sure. Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Another burning question from the Dark Blade:

How many BPs are you awarded for winning the PWT Rental Tournament?

I'd like to know if this thing is worth it to me, as I lost this one three times in a row, two of them in the first round.

At most, 2. Single and Double reward with 1. Triple and rotation give 2.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
There is a way out, go back the way you came in and then you head back toward floccesy town and you will get stopped, after you fight the 2 school kids you can proceed to rt. 20.

I DID THAT AND IT STILL WON'T LET ME GO THROUGH ROUTE 20!!!!!!! IT SAYS I HAVE NO BADGES!!!!!! AND I CANNOT PASS!!!! I FOUGHT THE TWO KIDS AND EVERYTHING!!!!! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??????

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I DID THAT AND IT STILL WON'T LET ME GO THROUGH ROUTE 20!!!!!!! IT SAYS I HAVE NO BADGES!!!!!! AND I CANNOT PASS!!!! I FOUGHT THE TWO KIDS AND EVERYTHING!!!!! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??????

First thing's first, please calm down. If you use all caps, people assume you're yelling. And when you yell at people, they are not going to want to help you.

Go back to Aspertia City and fight the gym leader and get a badge. If memory serves, you're supposed to do that before Route 20.

Years
Anyway, is B2W2 like BW in that you have to beat the first gym before you can trade? I think that's a bit silly...since previous games just had you get the Pokedex and then you were set. But I just wanna make sure. Thanks in advance!

(Surprised no-one answered this question yet, guess I'll answer it now)

Yes, you need to beat the Aspertia Gym and obtain the C-Gear before you can trade Pokemon.

It's just like the original Black & White, first Gym badge and C-Gear are required for trading unlike previous generations.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Nope, I think my Charmander friend is american/european. And my Duskull friend is Portuguese so we're also getting the dolls. I just don't know why it won't unlock on my avatars :/
Maybe it's a matter of time before they fix this or something...

I finally have a definite answer for this. You needed to have owned the dolls before 10/30 for them to be added as avatars. Lame, I know.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Ok, so I've been going on the Dream World with my White 2 for a while now and I have 4 badges in my game as well as over 8,000 points on the Global Link, but I can still only go to the sea and the cave. When do I start unlocking new areas? Searching online has been no help; the pages all talk about the old format before the changes where you start with the forest.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Ok, so I've been going on the Dream World with my White 2 for a while now and I have 4 badges in my game as well as over 8,000 points on the Global Link, but I can still only go to the sea and the cave. When do I start unlocking new areas? Searching online has been no help; the pages all talk about the old format before the changes where you start with the forest.

You have to also have a certain amount of badges to unlock more areas.

Pinta77

So I just learned that if you see every pokemon in the unova dex, you can get a shiny haxorous. Which pokemon does/doesn't this include? Are event pokemon like victini required?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back