• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mention your 5 favorite first-person-shooter games

Years
Mines are.
5. TF2 (This game really got me into steam and the servers of tf2, i've met a lot of fun people and also toxic ones, but still was a fantastic experience i've had with this game, nothing else to say)
4. CS 1.6 (I also remember having fun playing with bots, because i've really never played on an actual server tbh, also a non-steam one)
3. CS:GO (a non-steam one too, sadly, but still enjoyable with bots)
2. CoD 2 (I remember playing an demo of that game, i enjoyed it and even made me want to download it but at the time i was little i didn't know what utorrent was back in the day)
1. CoD 1 (I also had the chance in some years ago to download the demo of this game too, i enjoyed it too, but same as before, didn't knowed what was utorrent's utillity)
Keep in mind that is just my opinion, your lists will be totally different to this one, feel free to share your 5 favorite fps too.

pkmin3033

Five FPS? I'm not even sure that I've played that many...

1. Metroid Prime. Specifically, the first two. The less said about the awful third, the better...and the Pinball game. Hunters was kinda hit and miss but quite fun online for a time. But the original Gamecube title and it's sequel were fantastic FPS games with a great atmosphere and world to explore.

2. Borderlands. As a series. I guess if I had to pick a favourite it'd be the second - or specifically the Tiny Tina expansion - but I loved the first (excluding the horrible Underdome DLC) and what I played of the Pre-Sequel was fun...plus it spawned that amazing Telltale spinoff. Which killed off the most infuriating character in the franchise. Thanks for that.

3. Star Wars: Republic Commando. This was short but sweet. The comm banter was amusing, and it was pretty immersive...and it had a pretty great main theme, and remixes of that which would kick in at key moments in battle. The ending was awful, but it was still fun whilst it lasted.

4. Bioshock. Just the first one. The second lacked the atmosphere (although I did love screaming "GIGA DRILL BREAKER!" at the top of my lungs when drilling into splicers) and Infinite was just shit all around, but the original Bioshock was amazing and one of my favourite non-RPGs of the last generation. Not for the story - which was crap; I don't care what people say about the "twist", it was crap - but for the atmosphere, which was downright scary at times. Far more so than any horror games that made it to the PS3.

5. Medal of Honor. The original, on PS1. The only war game I actually enjoyed. When I was a kid and didn't know any better.

TY

5. CoD: Modern Warfare 2. The one FPS that started it all for me, at least for multiplayer. Was a lot of fun in its prime.

4. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. Lots of memories because the campaign was enjoyable, never touched the MP though.

3. Borderlands. This is the best looter shooter I have played, nothing even comes close. 1st one was amazing.

2. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. The current FPS fad I enjoyed a lot recently, playing with friends and have friendly 5v5's pretty much made it more fun than normal matchmaking.

1. C&C Renegade: A Path Beyond. Nothing will beat this atm. It's fun, it's not like most FPS games, its a RTS in FPS form, where you are the units controlled and it's such an enjoyable experience to see how the things look in first person instead of top-down.

Years
1) Timesplitters 3 - PS2 - Brilliant game, so many weapons and characters and game modes, they don't make 'em like this no more!
2) COD Black Ops 1 - 360 - My favourite COD is the original Black Ops, love the story and some of the weapons are awesome
3) Halo 3 - 360 - My favourite Halo, used to play split-screen a lot a few years ago and had so much fun
4) Killzone 1 - PS2 - Good story with interesting enemies
5) Medal Of Honor Rising Sun - PS2 - loved to play bots, one of them was quite hard to beat

Last edited:
Back