• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Shiny Pokemon Thread

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Most of my collection comes from trading or getting events. I don't even have any of my original shinies anymore, either because I traded them off or the game corrupted...

Sudowoodo, Whismur, and Makuhita were three that I managed to catch by myself. The rest of the few hundred in my collection don't count for those purposes.

OmegaTL

Time Lord
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
I recently saw a shiny Emolga in White 1. :)
Then I realised I had no PokéBalls... ;-;

Years
I am probably the most unlucky person when it come to shiny.
not including the shiny pokemon that everyone encouter/get, all my years of playing pokemon I encounter only four shiny pokemon-two of them was of the zubat line, one was swoobat...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 20, 2017
Just got a shiny Squirtle!!!!! I was breeding IV breeding squirtle so I could have a Blastoise to use competitively and BOOM... shiny Squirtle! Bold nature and 31 IV's in HP, ATK(or SPAtk can't remember), and Speed.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 1, 2019
I haven't found a shiny yet, but I caught full health Zekrom with an ultra ball in one try. I think that's a big yay :D

Akatsuki Ten

As It Is
Years
Got a Skorupi just now. 5 more until one full box...nearly 2 weeks to finish it.

EDIT: Scratch that, just got a Ninetales (I just put on Naruto, too...coincidence? I. THINK. NOT!) 4 more...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2014
I have found a shiny haxorus and received a shiny gible, but i know they don't count... But!! In the wild I found a shiny Magby at virbank complex, and a shiny magnemite at virbank. (Magby was after receiving a shiny charm)

rex862

Pokemon Breeder
Years
I once found a shiny Mareep in flocessry Ranch and i got it **** YEAH and later evolved into a ampharos which is one of my favourite pokemon.

Maxew555

You can call me Max :D
Years
While I was training in White 2 to get ready to go up against Drayden, I found a Shiny Garbordor just outside of Opleucid. Also, I've got a Shiny Dratini from White Treehollow if that counts, oh, and I'm training my friend's Shiny Gible from Black 2's Black Tower for him if that counts as well?

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury
Years
First. I got my first shiny in pokemon White Version in my first game hehe it was a shiny Spring Deerling
Second. Got a shiny psyduck in Flocesy Ranch in pokemon Black 2 Version right at the start of a newe game!
Finally... got a SHINY SANDILE while Ev training my serperior ^_^ I still got it untouched with a naive nature ready to be EV trained hehehe

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
I was so lucky to find a shiny Vibrava(now a shiny Flygon). It's possibly one of my favorite finds to date.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 6, 2013
I caught a shiny Psyduck in Floccesy Ranch while training up a Lucario's attack ev's. It was totally unexpected, and if Psyduck didn't have such a different colour to it's shiny, I probably wouldn't have even noticed.

Years
I hadn't crossed a shiny in the wild of Unova, but I got one while breeding in the daycare. A relaxed shiny Mudkip! I had to double-take because I hadn't taken it quick to heart. He was pink!

Years
I was just trying to breed for an Adamant Buneary, then I got this out of the blue..

Spoiler:

Back