• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No$GBA Vs. Desmume

No$gba Vs. Desmume

• No$GBA

Votes: 284 45.2%
  • Desmume

Votes: 345 54.8%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2015
Hmmm havent tried both I have to say Desmume seems to be too comlicated for no apparent reason but it works better than No$

Well, can Desmume run GBA games or Rom hacks (havent tried it on it). If so, then yes. If not then it is kind of a tie but leaning to Desmume

Years
Although I like No$GBA for it's speed, I have to give credit to Desmume, mostly because of save system and better graphics. I could play Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky on Desmume.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
Both programs have their good and bad points, as I mentioned before; but if you're looking for an emulator that can handle fan-made hacks and Gen IV/V games smoothly...go with DeSmuME. Learning to customize it is worth the trouble.

UltraPyrus

Wizu Wizu!
Years
I like DeSmuME better, especially since it has great performance and it's latest version, 0.99, can run at 2x speed if wanted, it's awesome. ^-^ As for NO$GBA, where should I start? First off, there's black outlines for EVERYTHING, and it crashes every 15 minutes. So, I choose DeSmuME.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I like DeSmuME better, especially since it has great performance and it's latest version, 0.99, can run at 2x speed if wanted, it's awesome. ^-^ As for NO$GBA, where should I start? First off, there's black outlines for EVERYTHING, and it crashes every 15 minutes. So, I choose DeSmuME.
Yeah, JIT version of DeSmuME is awesome =D
Now DeS beats No$ in every aspect.

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2015
Both programs have their good and bad points, as I mentioned before; but if you're looking for an emulator that can handle fan-made hacks and Gen IV/V games smoothly...go with DeSmuME. Learning to customize it is worth the trouble.

Yeah but DeSmuME does not support GBA ROMS (which is what most fan-made hacks use) so how is it better?

If anything wouldnt VBA beat both of them in that?

Pikayosh

Epic Pikachu
Years
I recently just tried desmume and it's terrible half the time played and it was just too slow and laggy I switch to no$ and it runs perfectly I run all games better desmume makes my computer crash.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Anything that No$GBA doesnt run correctly, Desmume could.
Desmume has wifi support, though... but that's not really a necessity. So, the verdict is:

No$GBA is a fast emulator, and could run most games at 150% even with a 10-year old PC. DesMume runs a few games that No$GBA couldn't (and could actually run everything else well), however, it suffers slow emulation for some PCs.

DesMume is a perfect emulator for this gen's technology (not slow with fast computers, i mean) and has no flaws in emulation.
No$GBA has faster emulation but has some problems here and there (especially the save-type settings).

They're equally good on their own, and other than the ones i've mentioned... there's really not much difference. The choice probably just depends on what the situation the user is in.

Back