• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
i have problem when open the bag :

script 'PokemonBag' line116: NoMethod Error occured.
undefined method '[]' for nil:NilClass

please fix this cuz this ain't bad to play

phantominoid

Darkness Within
Years
i technically tried everything i could so i will just go ahead and ask.
i tried playing this game on my windows 7 laptop, i do what the readme says, thought problem is i can't save, it says the game is saved, i close it and reopen it and i find no save, i tried the unpatched and patched version just in case. so i'm hoping for an answer cuz i really want to play this game

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2012
Pokemon Nightmare Version

Your story seems very interesting and i would definately play it. Your overworld maps look great. excellent work. Keep it up!

natty

Pokemonz No0b
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2012
So I was delivering those flowers for the Lumberjack and then got to this cut scene in the grove. The man at the grove approached my character then it freezes. Well the sound continues but the image freezes. Why do I do?

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
i have problem when open the bag :

script 'PokemonBag' line116: NoMethod Error occured.
undefined method '[]' for nil:NilClass

please fix this cuz this ain't bad to play

Hm... that's very odd. I'll check what that's referring to.

i technically tried everything i could so i will just go ahead and ask.
i tried playing this game on my windows 7 laptop, i do what the readme says, thought problem is i can't save, it says the game is saved, i close it and reopen it and i find no save, i tried the unpatched and patched version just in case. so i'm hoping for an answer cuz i really want to play this game

Hm... it's odd that some people experience all bugs and some more, and that it works perfectly for others. MY advice would be to try it on another computer, with a newly downloaded file. Since the game isn't loading the save but is creating it, you can reuse that save.

Your story seems very interesting and i would definately play it. Your overworld maps look great. excellent work. Keep it up!

Thank you very much! ^^

So I was delivering those flowers for the Lumberjack and then got to this cut scene in the grove. The man at the grove approached my character then it freezes. Well the sound continues but the image freezes. Why do I do?

That's an error present in 1.5.0; try downloading the new patches, 1.5.2, and that bug should go away.

Years
I didn't want to play this game til it was finished but I ran out of things to do and this was just too tempting :L
I started playing last night and I must say I'm absolutely loving it. Everything about it is gripping and engaging from the story line to the graphics and detail. I am thoroughly impressed.
I wouldn't take what im saying to much of a ego booster or anything though because I have only played a few games and hacks before and this is the first time I've given a review/feedback sort of thing. :L
I wish I could give some constructive critisicm but like I said I'm very impressed with the game and it's hard to find errors in between me enjoying the game and being engaged in the plot :P
The only thing I dislike about the game is I have to play it at normal speed haha. I am a very impatient person so of course i get out Cheat Engine and enable faster speed. I would find it very useful if there was an option to play it at a faster speed where say if i want to hold the space bar to make the game go faster I can. Because my problem now with Cheat Engine is I only want the game sped up at specific times :L

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2015
I didn't want to play this game til it was finished but I ran out of things to do and this was just too tempting :L
I started playing last night and I must say I'm absolutely loving it. Everything about it is gripping and engaging from the story line to the graphics and detail. I am thoroughly impressed.
I wouldn't take what im saying to much of a ego booster or anything though because I have only played a few games and hacks before and this is the first time I've given a review/feedback sort of thing. :L
I wish I could give some constructive critisicm but like I said I'm very impressed with the game and it's hard to find errors in between me enjoying the game and being engaged in the plot :P
The only thing I dislike about the game is I have to play it at normal speed haha. I am a very impatient person so of course i get out Cheat Engine and enable faster speed. I would find it very useful if there was an option to play it at a faster speed where say if i want to hold the space bar to make the game go faster I can. Because my problem now with Cheat Engine is I only want the game sped up at specific times :L
What is this cheat engine you speak so highly of? This game is great so far, but I have a similar complaint, this game just moves way to slowly.....

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
I'm playing now and i must say i like it very much.
Do you need any help with anything?

Years
I really enjoy this game for the time I play it, but when I close it and start again at a new time, my saved games are gone.................

D. Lawride

Years
So I felt like I had to make up for the Halloween patch fiasco; and what better way to make up for it than to release a Christmas-ish event patch?

Download Link

This patch allows you to travel to Snowpoint City in Sinnoh from Costa City in Orthan. For that, you will need to have delivered the herb to Mr. Jackson; afterwards, you'll find Barry in the southeast corner of Costa City, and he'll take you back to Sinnoh.

The levels range from 25 to 35, by the way, so be careful. I'll leave the discovery of the event to your criteria. :3

Also, Merry Christmas! :D

P.S. I'll reply to the comments above tomorrow.

D. Lawride

Years
Woops, double post. I do these too often xD

First and foremost, Happy New Year, everyone! :D

Now that that's out of the way, I've recently managed to completely transfer Pokémon Nightmare from my old, January the something of 2010 version of Essentials to the fresh, new Christmas Essentials release last December, and I have to say, it's looking sharper than before; especially since most critical bugs seem to have been cleared until proof otherwise. Which is great considering the amount of trouble we had with bugs since the first release (even if the latter version have been having these in a lesser and lesser amount.

Onto what matters!

People who follow us on deviantArt may have already seen this update, but it concerns the P☆DA, which, as you probably know, replaces the Pokégear/PokéNav/Pokétch as the returning but almost-completely new gadget the players will use in their journey through Orthan.

pda_by_donlawride-d2zol0l.png

As you can see, the interface isn't too complicated, with only so much amount of effort needed to navigate through the options without resorting to the mouse or anything of that sort. It can also be upgraded; these upgrades are acquired through special cards given out throughout your journey, some or most of them being optional choices you make rather than forceful updates. Each update will create a square in the main menu to access the option. There is purposely an empty square straight from square one so you can know that something is going there sooner or later.

Big walls of text aside, we've also resumed mapping and construction of the game after the holidays, in which we released that patch and an update for Halloween which we didn't get to release unfortunately, though it will be accessible later on as something else. To prove our work, here's one of the latest maps.

Spoiler:

Lastly, the update to the new Essentials also allowed us to resume our plans to introduce Shadow Pokémon into the story, something we had been holding back due to system constraints, as the Shadow Pokémon system wasn't working fully well in my previous version. We'll update as we get more news!

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
Years
Hi! First of all, that's some sweet game you're developing.

I downloaded 1.5.2 yesterday and can't wait to have more time to play it on the weekend. Just one little thing: Is it possible to adjust/change some control keys or are they unchangeable? I usually use my left hand for the arrow keys and my right hand for the other buttons which I bind to the numpad on the right side. As of right now, using the C, X and Z buttons (also I'm from germany: german keyboard layout) is not optimal for myself.

Anyhow, are you still looking for some help? I'm a raw recruit to the whole RMXP thingy but I think I have some solid ideas for fakemon and some storyline angles. There's a year-old rough design for my own game (57 new fakemon w/ movesets, rough idea how they should look like, worldmap, storyline), but I honestly don't think it'll ever make it into a real game. So I'm looking for a nice place and guys/gals to share my ideas with.

D. Lawride

Years
Hi! First of all, that's some sweet game you're developing.

I downloaded 1.5.2 yesterday and can't wait to have more time to play it on the weekend. Just one little thing: Is it possible to adjust/change some control keys or are they unchangeable? I usually use my left hand for the arrow keys and my right hand for the other buttons which I bind to the numpad on the right side. As of right now, using the C, X and Z buttons (also I'm from germany: german keyboard layout) is not optimal for myself.

Anyhow, are you still looking for some help? I'm a raw recruit to the whole RMXP thingy but I think I have some solid ideas for fakemon and some storyline angles. There's a year-old rough design for my own game (57 new fakemon w/ movesets, rough idea how they should look like, worldmap, storyline), but I honestly don't think it'll ever make it into a real game. So I'm looking for a nice place and guys/gals to share my ideas with.

I'm pretty sure you can change the control settings by pressing F1 and changing the options for keyboard or whatever the tab is named (don't have the program in front of me), but I do think it's possible.

And thanks a lot!

Well, PM and we maybe we can arrange something; though we won't be taking any more Fakemon than those we already have :p

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2012
Mmmm...it looks good! :)
But i want to make my pokemon game
but i don't have pokemon battle system...
Can you please gimme a link or something
for that...??? :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back