• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prof Oak

Pokemon Professor
Years
Current team:3rd Gym
Prinplup
Togekiss(Serene G)
Roselia
Houndoom
Porygon2
Duskull/Espeon/Spiritomb?

Advice needed Please eventually going competitive so team building advice would be nice ;)

Butterfree is pretty terrible but if you want to keep it I suppose
Dewgong/lapras and a rhydon ;)for a change

Butterfree isn't terrible. Most people just don't know how to use it effectively.

I decided to train Aerodactyl, by the way. Went into E4 with team of 44s and swept up the best trainers of Kanto with little effort and tons of luck.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Well, basically I need help with building a strong in-game team in Black. I don't know half the Pokémon and it seems some of my choices aren't so hot...

Right now I have: Pignite, Pansage and Tranquill.

For the record, I'm keeping Tranquill out of tradition (I always use the staple bird), but I may replace him with a Mandibuzz, even though she has crap attacking stats. I may drop Pansage because it's a stone evolution and it learns the last move too late (L43), and I don't think it's going to be useful for so long.

I was going to catch a Blitzle but I heard Zebstrika isn't very good. I tried to catch a Drilbur too but I ran out of Poké Balls and it's just too annoying to catch, so I think I'm going with Krookodile but I'm not sure.

So, what are good Pokémon for making a team for BW's story?

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
I'm right before Mistralton Gym

Team:
Samurott lvl 37
Excadrill lvl 34
Pansear lvl 32
Gurdurr lvl 32
Archen lvl 30
Scraggy lvl 31

I'm thinking of fitting Tynamo into my team, who should I remove? (must keep Samurott, Excadrill, Pansear)

Gurdurr lvl 32
Chip Away
Low Kick
Bulk Up
Rock Throw

Scarggy lvl 31
Faint Attack
Headbutt
Hi Jump Kick
Brick Break

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2012
DRAGONITE MOVESET HELP!!

HI I need help with a moveset, EVs and nature for a 3rd gn dragonite. I was thinking something like Aerial ace, Dragon dance, Earthquake and ........ I don't know about drgon claw cuz its special and I was Aiming for a physical Dnite.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
go to Smogon and search for dragonite there. Lots of viable movesets and EV sets for you to choose from for various gens.

if you want to use physical DD dnite in 3rd gen you cant use dragon attacks. just go for strong physical moves like return or earthquake and give some coverage moves (like icebeam)

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2012
Dragon Claw is a physical move... just saying. Also the suggestion above is good also.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
dude its not a physical move in 3RD GEN..which the OP is aware of.

Years
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Pokemon SS Team Input

I'm starting a new game of Pokemon Soul Silver and I need a team for my journey.

I'm planning on adding legendary Pokemon to my team, but I still need input on my team. So I currently have no idea, on my team. So thanks for anyone that can help. If you don't mind it would be great if you guys could tell me the best Pokemon for each type, and also a team for Soul Silver. Thanks, and sorry if I made no sense, in what I am saying :P.

Years
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Help With My Soul Silver Team

Im getting Soul Silver, and had been thinking about my team. So I was almost confident that I am going to use cyndaquil as my starting Pokemon. I was also thinking about using Quagsire, because i know Quagsire is just awesome :P.

So my current planned team is:

Cynaquil(Fire)
Quagsire(Water/Ground)

Now for the rest of the pokemon, I'm not really sure, so I need some input on the rest of my team, for Soul Silver.

P.S: I don't mind having a legendary on my team, but at most the only legendaries I might use on my team in this is probably one of the dogs, and it might be Raikou.

Thanks for the help

Edit: And Yes I posted a thread about the same topic earlier, but it got moved, because i forgot that I couldn't ask for a entire team. Meh..

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
if you are keeping your 2 pokemon, remember to teach typhlosion thunderpunch and quagsire icepunch

some options:

-get mareep? decent electric type

-gastly may be difficult to train early on but later haunter/gengar owns.

-abra. kadabra/alakazam owns anything non-dark.

-also trade another abra for a machop in the goldenrod city giant mart. machoke/machamp owns anything non-psychic/flying in this game. Plus he levels up fast so you dont have to grind so hard.

-after you get surf, go to union cave on friday. surf to a new section of the cave. (you will find a trainer with kangaskhan in that new part) You can find a Lapras there. Ice beam rapes Lance's dragonites if you dont get icepunch.

-after reaching ecruteak and seeing bill in the center, go back to goldenrod to see bill in his house. He will give you a Eevee. Evolve it to Espeon (day) or Umbreon (night), unless you somehow have a stone.

-catch Scyther in the bug catching contest and evolve to Scizor. You have a badass pokemon.

-catch heracross by headbutting trees near caves. Another badass pokemon.

-graveler/golem is decent for ingame. So is Steelix

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2012
Meganium Soulsilver Team?

This time around, I'm using Meganium even though I realize it doesn't have much purpose in game.
So far I've decided..
Noctowl
Meganium
Ninetales

What else should I add? I think I'm not going to use Azumarill or Gyarados or a physical attacking Water type because I want it to know Surf as a useful battle move. Perhaps Vaporeon? Starmie?

Anyone have any suggestions?

And no, I will not replace Noctowl with Togekiss. >-<

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
This time around, I'm using Meganium even though I realize it doesn't have much purpose in game.

I realize it doesn't have much purpose in game.

it doesn't have much purpose in game.

doesn't have much purpose in game.

Whhhyyyyy

Why does everybody say that? Am I the only one Meganium served well for?

Anyways, I think you should go for Ampharos since it's the only Electric readily available. I used Arbok on one of my runs, she was actually surprisingly useful. You could try for one of those just to be unique. Also, Stantler is available and you could use it just for a challenge. Although it does learn the useful Hypnosis (even though it's inaccurate).

EDIT: And yeah, Vaporeon would be a good choice because of its hefty HP and defenses. That thing can take a hit.

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2012

Whhhyyyyy

Why does everybody say that? Am I the only one Meganium served well for?

Anyways, I think you should go for Ampharos since it's the only Electric readily available. I used Arbok on one of my runs, she was actually surprisingly useful. You could try for one of those just to be unique. Also, Stantler is available and you could use it just for a challenge. Although it does learn the useful Hypnosis (even though it's inaccurate).

EDIT: And yeah, Vaporeon would be a good choice because of its hefty HP and defenses. That thing can take a hit.

I for one think Meganium is absolutely the most underrated starter of all!
Meganium would have purpose in other games, for sure. But in Johto, there's not any gyms or members of the Elite 4 that have weakness to Grass. Chikorita is your first team member, and the first 2 gyms have an advantage to Grass.
I'm definitely not trying to put Meganium down.
I've decided it's crucial for me to get Mareep, otherwise it will be difficult to defeat Falkner.
Arbok and Stantler are interesting choices. Arbok was a passing thought when I first started thinking about my team, and I just might use it. If I'm going to go normal type, I'm going to go Persian thoug-- Which I just might do as well.
So let's see..
Meganium
Noctowl
Ninetales
Ampharos
(water)
Persian/Arbok.
That's pretty solid. I think Starmie is going to be my Water. I've never used it before, and it's dual Psychic which is pretty neat-o.

Thanks for your help.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
well of all the grass starters meganium is quite mediocre.

but it can still get by for ingame purposes.

and lol persian/arbok. better to get some psychic/ghost/dark types instead

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2012
well of all the grass starters meganium is quite mediocre.

but it can still get by for ingame purposes.

and lol persian/arbok. better to get some psychic/ghost/dark types instead

Starmie is dual Psychic. I can't evolve Haunter, and I'm not doing the Safari zone bull plus Pokeathlon bull to get Misdreavous and dusk stone. I'm looking for a challenge anyway, I think I'll be okay. ^^

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2012
Pearl Dragon Help

in my pearl i want to become a good dragon tamer. now that i have the dragons i want, i don't know what moves each should have. my pokemon are...
1. Palkia lv 60
2. Garchomp lv 60
3. Flygon lv 60
4. Dragonair lv 60 (not evolving until 61 to get outrage sooner, also knows surf and waterfall)
5. Altaria lv 60 (knows fly)
6. Salamence lv 60

i have no problem with duplicating tm's. also please give an item for each to hold, that would help a lot. please reply! i need help with this. this would make the elite four so much easier. Pleeeeeezzzzzzzz Post!

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Going to move this to the questions thread in the -game Team Help section, which is where such stuff belongs.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2012
Rate and help my team!

in my pearl i want to become a good dragon tamer. now that i have the dragons i want, i don't know what moves each should have. my pokemon are...
1. Palkia lv 60
2. Garchomp lv 60
3. Flygon lv 60
4. Dragonair lv 60 (not evolving until 61 to get outrage sooner, also knows surf and waterfall)
5. Altaria lv 60 (knows fly)
6. Salamence lv 60

i have no problem with duplicating tm's. also please give an item for each to hold, that would help a lot. please reply! Also rate my team. Pleeeeeezzzzzz Post!

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
i would give palkia the orb that you find where you caught it. and teach one or all of ur dragons draco meter. the old lady on route 210 teaches it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back