• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Trainer PR Video!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
When you visited Lumiose City for the first time, at some point Shauna will direct you to the building where Trainer PR Video is produced. In there, you can make any kind of video in Trainer PR Video, either by showcasing your player character, your Pokémon, or even both at the same time. Which kind of PR video you make, it's up to you to decide!

What's your opinion on this fun feature? Do you use this feature a lot? Discuss! :)

Reactions: Sun
Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I don't use it a lot, but I did use it to make a video of the shiny Fennekin and Shiny Chespin I hatched to brag to people online who ask for my video, lol! I thought it was very fun and wish there was a way to save more than 3 (which is why don't use it much, I ran out of space)

Simple-Understatement

A Valentino Champ
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 26, 2016
At first I kinda screwed around with it, then I got pretty bored, but a friend told me if you talk to the counter lady she gives you knew stuff for your videos if your kewl enough for it, so I tried it again but soon got bored

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
At first I kinda screwed around with it, then I got pretty bored, but a friend told me if you talk to the counter lady she gives you knew stuff for your videos if your kewl enough for it, so I tried it again but soon got bored

you get more stuff after your style increases over the course of the game (so when the stores and stuff start giving you discounts that's when the video lady gives you more options)

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I had fun with PR Videos, I'm not gonna lie. They were a cute little break from battling, and they made use of the then-new 3D models. Although I spent a lot of time on them, making them as good as I possibly could, I wouldn't be upset if this feature didn't make it into generation 7 and beyond. But they could possibly take cues from it and utilize similar features in future games--for example, something like the Pokémon Musicals from generation 5 would be a lot more engaging and fun if they involved theatrical scene customization along the lines of PR Videos.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
This is one of the few things where the anime has done better than its gaming counterpart, while Trainer PR Video technically isn't equals to Pokevision from the anime, they are often regarded as that way.

In my opinion, PR videos should work as Pokevision. Something where you can directly interact with your Pokemon, at least like the Contest Spectacular or even Super Contests from Sinnoh based games? I thought Musical was bad enough, Pokevision is even worst...

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I might've tried it a few times before, but I wasn't all that into PR, unfortunately. It's not a bad feature, though; it's nice to see them experiment with something like this!

Back