• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
shinycollector said:
Hi! Guys I am so back!

Shiny update:I traded my pokemon to a shiny wismur.MM said that would count so I am so Happy :D XD!
Welcome back, shinycollector!

CrystalLatias said:
Whoo-hoo! Thanks. When I saw it, My brother was like, 'Thats not shiny. Dont bother. Plus, It's just a Sableye.'
But it's a Shiny Sableye!

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon, you have Shiny Sableye too? Cool.
I have a quick question about hunting. If you save right in front of Raquaza, then keep resseting and battleing it, It will apeer shiny only during the battle, right?
The little, curled-up Rayquaza overworld sprite is never shiny. Rayquaza's stats are only generated when you talk to it, so it'll first appear as shiny when in battle against it.

pokechampionsteven said:
i have a shiny charmander on firered and a shiny tranpinch on sapphire

and am i a member still lady demonica darkmoon
I have you down as "confused," so yeah, you're still a member.

Crytuf said:
another four hours...

still no luck

silly fish...
Progress reports saying, "no, I haven't found anything," aren't really necessary. It's fine to post them to stay on topic, but try to keep the discussion going.

Effort training a Noctowl in Special Defense (*prays another TR mutated green hoppip doesn't pay a visit*) and working out "corrected" effort splits for some of my earlier shinies, to replace their existing, naïve, 252/252/4 splits. 216 attack EVs on Fluffy lets me OHKO a Breloom with unboosted defense/HP with Aerial Ace. 60 speed EVs are enough for her to outspeed Breloom (Jolly, max speed), Heracross (except Jolly), and friends. The rest go to the usual HP/special defense.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Ack! I'm under huuuuuuuge pressure. I got qualified for the Pokemon going across America tournament thingamawhatsit... So... I need a team that doesn't suck by the 8th of April... I have a decent L50 team, but I don't want to ruin them by leveling them up to 100. Ahhh! What a situation...
I also need to have six shinies by then! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! *Panic*
*Shiny hunts with panic*

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
Years
OMG ryan is going to a tournement *dances wildly*
anyway try training in the battle frontier. also 6 shinys o.0 you need help if only i lived close to you i would lend you 3 of mine.

anyway no luck with me. good luck everyone!

Crytuf

Dark Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • usa
  • Seen Sep 23, 2006
MetalMario said:
Progress reports saying, "no, I haven't found anything," aren't really necessary. It's fine to post them to stay on topic, but try to keep the discussion going.
oh, ok, once again i apologize.
ryan said:
Ack! I'm under huuuuuuuge pressure. I got qualified for the Pokemon going across America tournament thingamawhatsit... So... I need a team that doesn't suck by the 8th of April... I have a decent L50 team, but I don't want to ruin them by leveling them up to 100. Ahhh! What a situation...
I also need to have six shinies by then! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! *Panic*
*Shiny hunts with panic*

so, yeah i realize you prolly live no where near the north eastern quadrant of the us but if you do, i can help you out...

[for the last time: still no luck...]

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
ryan said:
OOOO! I'm a fan of your external shiny dex!
We should spiff it up a bit, but I definatly like the form it's taking! *Applauds*

Thanks about the Dex, but right now it's mostly a copy and paste of SGM's post. *sweatdrop*

Er, split it up? Like leave better spacing? Or by Gerneration? *Confused.* I know I need to explane what it all means, but I just took 5 minutes yeasterday and beta'd the thing.

I was also thinking about placing a second dex below it for G/S/C, where the Red Dos don't count, or the list would never end, LOL.

pokechampionsteven said:
and am i a member still lady demonica darkmoon
Like I said above it's a cut and paste of SGM's post, I only updated for my Poochyena/Mightyena, so nothing against you, just it'll take me time to sort out catches 'n all. :)

LDD's update: No more Surskit, they've disappeared totally. NO shiny either.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
I dunno! Like flashing images of shiny pokemon and corny midi noises in the background!
It'll be grand! And perhaps... an animated background so that you can't really even read things?
Those are the sort of things that make a site great! Ooooh! And you need some of those scrolling marquee things!
I've been Clefairy hunting like all morning... but with 0 success. I might drop the effort and go after a shint Tauros (because I'm that crazy). I can breed a Tauros with a Ditto right? I'm pretty sure I can...
I'll keep you posted!

shinycollector

I'm back!
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2012
Ryan! Hi! LDD! Hi! I missyou guys and of course you MM!

Did someone already update our shiny dex?

Shiny update:Still has no luck.....to find shinies.
Wish ya all a GOOD LUCK!

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Years
ryan said:
I dunno! Like flashing images of shiny pokemon and corny midi noises in the background!
It'll be grand! And perhaps... an animated background so that you can't really even read things?
Those are the sort of things that make a site great! Ooooh! And you need some of those scrolling marquee things!
V(~_~)V *uneasy laugh* If I knew how, it'd look better. I was just following webmaster etiquet (sp?), you know no lime green text on a yellow background and I chose colors that weren't "girlly" cause over half of the SHC is male. (I'm the only female in power, now that PazzKat stepped down from her position.) I did space it better and it's easyer to read, now. I haven't updated who owns what yet, but did update for MM's Swablu, Numel & evolutions.

LDD's update: Well the Surskit came back! 110 of them have now been seen.

110x100= about 11,000 pokemon seen

No Shiny.

Kuri-Chan ♪

Crystal Trainer
Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2008
Ok. I've been restarting for a long time now... Is it THAT hard??

MM, will the SHC Card shop ever open again?? I'd really like my own. *sighs dreamily*
And a random PC question... Where do you get paired 0.o

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Ack... I've just realized that I can't go to the tourney because my uncle's being married then... Oh well! My uncle > Pokemon!
*Clefairy Hunt*
I dunno where you get paired, if you're friendly with somebody, you can just ask them, and then you just announce it in your sig or whatever. Speaking of which...
*Reapplies the note on friend list that indicates Pazzkat is his pair*
Hooray!

Years
update:yesterday 0-somthing Hours i lost my emerald under my couch and being the lazyness that i am i didnt get it but i hope to 1 day get away from my computer and finally pick my couch up and retrieve the emerald i miss lucky but now i will pick up my new sapphire that my sister got me for my B-day yea 5 months too late sis i will shiney hunt until i need to use the bathroom
but for now......

im gonna go over there

Years
CrystalLatias said:
MM, will the SHC Card shop ever open again?? I'd really like my own. *sighs dreamily*
o_0 It never closed. (Well, technically it was closed for a matter of minutes when I had to recreate it, but meh.) I've posted the link to it on pretty much every page except this one until now. You may get an SHC card HERE!!

I'm onto the Lavender Tower in effort training my Noctowl, so I may find a shiny Gastly. My, effort training without Pokérus takes forever... -.-

Once I've finished effort training Noctowl, it's back to random locations level training shinies to look for random Kanto shinies.

On the matter of the quest for Zangoose: I'm going to get.. er.. a little more proactive in my quest for Zangoose. Nothing crazy, but yeah. Mostly just lurking around in random video game stores and possibly talking up the staff if I get gutsy.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Years
Hunted randomly switching between carts like every 5 minutes, no shiny.

MetalMario said:
On the matter of the quest for Zangoose: I'm going to get.. er.. a little more proactive in my quest for Zangoose. Nothing crazy, but yeah. Mostly just lurking around in random video game stores and possibly talking up the staff if I get gutsy.
With any luck one of them has their own copy of Ruby. Good luck!

EDIT: Has anyone ever thought about a shiny hunters RP? (Don't look at me, am good at story telling, but not at game mastering.) Just wondering.

Last edited:
Years
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon said:
EDIT: Has anyone ever thought about a shiny hunters RP? (Don't look at me, am good at story telling, but not at game mastering.) Just wondering.
I have no clue how that would work. Let's stick to making movies and spriteart. ;)

shinycollector

I'm back!
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2012
*put the carts in*Ok! back to shiny hunt after going to school! I will train my poochyena....What monster is good to train my shiny poochyena?

Shiny update: Still has no any chance of finding one *cries* XD!

Years
um not to be annoying but how come no one acknowledges me when i post only when im annoying people talk to me except a couple people i just want people to be nice and acknowledge me and maybe say hi oh and i got my emerald from the deep treachory that is benith the couch ok thank you
once again.....

im gonna go over there

Years
o_0

We haven't been ignoring you; there's just nothing that really needs a reply in what you're saying. If we don't reply, it probably just means we can't think of anything on-topic to say.

Edit: ryan, I did a little Clefairy experiment and found the various times taken for various Clefairy hunting methods to make sure you're using the right one. Here's what I've found:
1. Buying 5, all in the party: 7.164 per minute
2. Buying 19 (floor(9999/500)=19), some of which are in the party, the rest are in the PC: 7.125 per minute
3. Buying 19, all of which are in the PC: 7.284 per minute

I have two questions, though: Are you using LG? Are Clefairies cheaper in LG? If so, definitely use method 3! If they cost more than 500, use method 1. If you're using Fire Red, they're all really close, but method 3's just a tad faster.

Don't worry; I only saw 151 Clefairies total for this experiment, none of which were shiny.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
I'm definatly using FR! It owns LG.
I'm too poor to buy all 19 (unfortunatly), so I'm buying 14 every time. 5 go into my party, the other 9 go to the PC.
And they cost 500 in FR.
Hello, Haunter Master! Congrats on 400 posts!
I don't have class until 12 30 tomorrow, so I'll definatly throw some shiny hunting in there!
I actually thought about a shiny hunting RP. But I suck at RPing, so I didn't want to bring it up.

Years
That means it's actually faster if you just buy the 5 that'll fit in your party. You'll get 7 per minute if you do that. The ONLY way (on FR) it's faster is if you buy all 19 and have all of them go to the PC.

Jeez, liek omg, how couldn't you get the 9999 coins? XD In order to do this experiment, I earned 8000 coins or so at the slots. It's easy! I've NEVER had to buy coins in FR. (Sapphire's another story @.@)

Back