ROM Hacking Help Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Ad Content

#1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 4 Days Ago (5:15 AM).
Furret-loving Iskallian

Nature: Adamant
    The title pretty much says it all, but basically the thing I'm trying to do is create some custom species (and include G4+ stuff) and I want to use existing cries as placeholders - for example, one of my species is based on a dog, so I want to use Lucario's cry in place of Unown or Bulbasaur, but of course Lucario wasn't introduced until Gen 4, so its cry isn't already in FireRed.

The patch doesn't need to include all 809 species, just G4 and maybe some Legendaries from other gens, since I can definitely use similar-sounding others as placeholders. I just on't want to have everything that's not explicitly available in G3 to use Unown or Bulbasaur, with a slightly expanded pool of options. I'm not looking for a patch that includes those Pokémon (any extra species I will add myself, since I'm going to be making it possible to get everything that's coded in and I don't feel like adding in over 450 species + my custom ones + forms), just a few extra cries from generations after 3.
      #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 4 Days Ago (7:03 AM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BirdstarCat13 View Post
    The title pretty much says it all, but basically the thing I'm trying to do is create some custom species (and include G4+ stuff) and I want to use existing cries as placeholders - for example, one of my species is based on a dog, so I want to use Lucario's cry in place of Unown or Bulbasaur, but of course Lucario wasn't introduced until Gen 4, so its cry isn't already in FireRed.

The patch doesn't need to include all 809 species, just G4 and maybe some Legendaries from other gens, since I can definitely use similar-sounding others as placeholders. I just on't want to have everything that's not explicitly available in G3 to use Unown or Bulbasaur, with a slightly expanded pool of options. I'm not looking for a patch that includes those Pokémon (any extra species I will add myself, since I'm going to be making it possible to get everything that's coded in and I don't feel like adding in over 450 species + my custom ones + forms), just a few extra cries from generations after 3.
    There's a Gen 1-7 Cry Resource on PokeCommunity
      #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 7 Hours Ago (2:20 PM).
    Furret-loving Iskallian

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Petuuuhhh View Post
      There's a Gen 1-7 Cry Resource on PokeCommunity
      That...doesn't help much...but ok
        #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 5 Hours Ago (4:55 PM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by BirdstarCat13 View Post
        That...doesn't help much...but ok
        Can't you just insert the cry you want to use into the rom? you don't need a patch...
          #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 43 Minutes Ago (9:12 PM).
        Furret-loving Iskallian

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Hillsy13 View Post
          Can't you just insert the cry you want to use into the rom? you don't need a patch...
          the ?? slots don't seem to like having their cries changed, so I was hoping there was a patch that simply added the sounds, so I could swap out the pointers on the ?? cries for the ones I wanted to replace them with. I *could* expand the Pokémon, but then I'd have to reconstruct the INI for the other 4 or 5 tools I use. For the time being it's just easier to edit the ?? slots. even if I did expand the number of slots I'd have to work around trying to edit the new slots' cries without screwing up Bulbasaur. There's also a chance I'm just incredibly dumb on this topic and don't know what I'm talking about

Quick Reply