• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DIGIDESTINED! - The Digimon Club

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years

THE DIGIMON CLUB
Past Groups: [2013-2014] [2011-2012] [2010-2011]
Digimon, short for Digital Monster is a popular Japanese series of media and merchandise created by Akiyoshi Hongo, which is comprised of anime, manga, toys, video games, trading card games and other media. Digimon, the lifeforms the series revolves around, are monsters of various forms living in a "Digital World," a parallel universe that originated from Earth's various communication networks. Digimon is often claimed by detractors to be a knockoff of Pokémon, though they both appeared at about the same time, and have entirely different approaches to the monster concept. [x]

I N T R O
It's about time we make a new Digimon club with Digimon Adventure Tri coming out really soon and the original club dead since mid-last year! Whether you're an old or new fan, love it for one season or all, if you're any kind of Digimon fan then this club is just right for you!

R U L E S​

• Follow all Pokecommunity, as well as Fan Clubs & Groups rules.
  • Please refrain from drifting away from the topic.
  • Respect everyone here and play nice. No flaming, bashing etc.
  • Try your best to stay as active as you can!
  • No linking to full episodes whether from youtube, some streaming websites or torrent sites. Short clips from youtube are fine and but please keep any links for full episodes away from here.
  • Use spoilers for anything which warrants spoilers - mostly hinting at when Digimon Adventure Tri comes out.
  • Try to avoid posting any general overview episode by episode thoughts for the new Digimon Adventure Tri series since we already have THIS THREAD running in the Anime & Manga section. Please post them over there instead. It's fine if it's specific questions about certain parts of the anime and you want other people's opinions on that alone, but please chuck them in spoilers if you can.
  • Finally, of course - Have fun!

S I G N U P
Username:
Just tell us a bit about yourself and your history with digimon:
Your favourite Digimon? Favourite Digidestined/ Tamer/ Hunter etc.? Favourite Season?
Give us a short introduction with all that basic information to what makes you a fan? Why you love Digimon and how you got into it!

M E M B E R L I S T
zappyspiker (OWNER)
Axeliira
Astinus
Judge Mandolore Shepard
Illusione-Tempus
Venitardus
QUESTION OF THE WEEK

Spoiler:

Feel free to contact me via. VM/PM me if you have any questions/problems regarding The Digimon Club.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
HI ZAPPY I'm Axeliira, I approve this group but also I wanna join!

Palamon is actually my favorite Digimon, I absolutely adore her digivolution line. Lillymon is my favorite...I guess final digivolution? xD Sucks she didn't get much airtime, she was pretty badass. Second favorite is Renamon. I love the design, and the personality it has.

I don't really have a favorite tamer/digidestined character but I really like Sora and Rika!

I think I got into Digimon by accident. I remember I was in the breakroom at my dad's work when I was little, and I tuned in to Fox Kids and saw that Digimon was on the air. There was nothing else on, so I had to watch it. The first episode I watched was the one with Sora and Joe enter some island where there were a bunch of Bakemon. xD

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Username: Astinus

Don't make me choose my favorite Digimon. I have so many that I adore. :( But I think my absolute favorite Digimon is V-mon. I love his personality in the show, and all the designs of his various evolutions.

My favorite human character is Takeru, "T.K." for dub speakers. (I always use the Japanese terms because that's what I'm used to.) I don't know why Takeru has remained my favorite for years. Probably because of his potential character development that was missing in 02. There were some mysteries about that boy, and yet he did manage to grow up between seasons. Really, it's because of the potential development for all the characters that 02 is my favorite season, though Frontier is a close second!

I got into Digimon way back when it first came to America. I was already a Pokemon fan, and was always interested in any new anime about monsters. I saw an advertisement about Digimon's premier, and finally decided to sit down and watch. Missed the first episode, but saw every episode's premier after that!

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
I might as well join this club

Username: Judge Mandolore Shepard

When it comes to Digimon, my favorites are MetalGreymon, Tankmon, Mercurymon, Guilmon, and Angelwomon. As for my favorite Digidestined, I would have to go with Tai and Davis. As for the seasons, I have only watched as far as Frontier. Now regarding favorite seasons, my favorites seasons are Adventure, Adventure 02, and Frontier. I first got into Digimon when I randomly saw an episode of it on TV years ago.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Username: Illusione-Tempus

My history with Digimon? Er... Digimon was my childhood, yeah. I've been playing the PS1 games before I watched any of the series, and also long before Pokemon. Yeah, I entered Digimon's fanbase first. I also sometimes caught on Sunday morning cartoons, but Digimon's timeslot is so early in the morning that I usually only catch glimpses of the show. I do remember a certain scene from Tamers though.

My favorite Digimon? Hmm... I've always been a fan of the Gabumon line. Like, in every single game you'll see me trying to get Gabumon into my party, unless if it's not available. Or its digivolutions like WereGarurumon and MetalGarurumon. Like, have you seen my Digimon World 4 save file? Have you seen my efforts to get the 1 HP win on that card mission? Yeah, I managed to get it, and damn the feeling of using MetalGarurumon is awesome. Renamon line comes in a close second.

Individually... Terriermon. Momentai!

My history with the anime? I watched Digimon Frontiers first, just 'cause my mom saw the Digimon title at the cover of the DVD and she also bought the whole season as well, so why not? It was in Japanese dubs with English subs though, and it felt so weird when I first watched it haha. I proceed to watch Adventures, 02 and Tamers after my place had installed internet connection, which was mid 2008-late 2008. Got in pretty late haha.

I haven't watched Savers or Xros Wars though. I think I can still watch Savers, but Xros Wars...? The digivolution method really puts me off. I mean, it feels like watching a Mecha haha.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Yo! I'm venitardus. I would like to join.

I have been watching the series for years, with the exception of data squad. My favorite digimon is tentomon. I really like the line in adventures. I'm also still waiting to see hurculeskabuterimon in the anime.
My favorite person is probably... A tie between koji from frontier and takato from tamers. Both I can relate to in some way. Plus I enjoy the character development of each of them.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
Welcome to the club guys!
Honestly it feels great to have this back up and running again since I've been itching to talk about Digimon as a general than just plain Tri.

My own history of Digimon falls all the way back around the same time as Pokemon and weirdly enough, I actually don't know whether I started with Digimon or Pokemon first. Digimon and Pokemon always showed around the same times on TV and around the same time I was introduced to both Pokemon Yellow and Digimon Rumble Arena - so I've kinda just accepted as me starting both of them at the same time.

My favourite Digimon and characters have always tended to change over the years. For starters I loved Tai and Davis from Adventure and then Tommy when Frontier starting airing. My favourite digimon ended up being a tie between Veemon and Patamon eventually moving to Terriermon. In my latest rewatch though, I've taken a huge liking to Ken and added him to the list of favourite characters.
If I had to choose an overall favourite, it would probably have to be Takuya and Koji from Frontier. It's not just them as individual characters as well, they carry my favourite friendship-relationship of Digimon so I can't quite pick between them.

Favourite season for me is definitely Frontier. It's not easy to explain why I picked it as my favourite since Tamers and both Adventure 01/02 follow quite close behind. I think that the relationship between the group of digidestined is Frontier just so happened to be my favourite.

I do have to admit that Tamers and Adventure 01 both carry brilliant abridged series xD

Years
Username: saifors.
I started watching Digimon back in 1999 when I was like 2-3 years old and it was brought over to the Netherlands, saw the first episode and everything, and I absolutely loved it, I had seen Pokémon before but didn't get into it at all.
However Digimon just had something I really liked, it kept consistent in it's episodes with the plot always advancing and didn't have much filler (somehow 2-3 year old me was able to know the difference, then again I was a strange 2-3 year old that acted way more mature than the others my age). I actually would skip school to watch it or have my parents record it on video tape (it was in a pretty incovenient time slot) I barely missed any episodes, then everything changed slightly after 02 ended (of which I didn't even get to see the final episode) when Fox Kids was changed to Jetix, I waited for weeks just to see if there was a new episode, but the new episode never came.
Fast- forward to 2007 when I was 10-11 years old and I got a Nintendo DS lite, and after a bit my parents decided to get me a R4 cart for it, this cartridge came pre-loaded with about 300 games on it.
This was also when I got into Pokémon as on the R4 there were titles like Pokémon Pearl, Diamond and Mystery Dungeon Blue rescue team, after playing those games I started looking into what other games there were, eventually I found 3 games: Digimon World DS, Digimon World Dawn and Digimon World Dusk. I started playing them and I was about 12 years old by this point and I absolutely loved them, sure, I was really bad at them as my Pokémon pearl strategy of "solo with infernape" wasn't possible and I did eventually adapt, of course, it wasn't until a few years later I found out that the right use of healing items and equipment could probably help me get through the game.
A bit before this I had actually been watching some TV and came across a German channel, and Savers was on, at this point I had pretty much forgotten of Digimon's existence (even though I still had some posters of it) so when I suddenly saw Digimon and Agumon, I went kind of crazy as I never knew there there were more than 2 seasons.
A bit after these events I got my first laptop, and the gates to the internet were opened, eventually making me stumble upon anime streaming sites and I found out that there had been 3 seasons after 02 and started marathoning through them. A few years later Xros Wars came and I watched every episode the day the subs for it came up, unfortunately it's the only one I didn't like, one of the cool things about Digimon is that it sort of grows up with every season there were more mature themes the Savers just flat-out used teenagers, but Xros Wars was more for little kids than Adventure and I was kind of disappointed that by the end there was barely any character development. I also just hated Tagiru, he was really annoying to me.
My favourite Digimon is a hard one, I love Apollomon and Dianamon, Machinedramon, VictoryGreymon, Gallantmon and pretty much all of the Royal Knights, Olympos XII and 7 Demon Lords.
Favourite characters, as a kid I really liked Izzy for being the smart one, I also like Marcus/Masaru who is pretty much the opposite, I just find him really fun, also he has some character development, unlike a certain other hot-blooded protagonist.
Favourite season: Tamers, while I have a lot of nostalgia for adventure, I can not deny that Tamers is the most well written season in the series.

One final note: On the whole subject of Digimon being a Pokémon rip-off, I think it's safe to say this is just plain and simple: not true, Digimon was developed as a virtual pet originally, a spin-off of the Tamagotchi to get more male fans as Tamagotchis primarily catered to girls so they made monster that are generally more interesting to boys (this is why there's so many Dinos and dragons), the .mon part was used by Digimon in Japan already (where Pokémon was known as Pocket Monsters) before Pokémon got localized in the west, and finally the monster raising aspect, Pokémon didn't invent this, Shin Megami Tensei was the first to do so. (just wanted to get this off of my chest).
(also vote Coronamon for smash 4 kthnkbai)

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Username: Digimon Kaiser
Just tell us a bit about yourself and your history with digimon: Got into it when it was only a V-Pet, forgot about it for about a year an a half, and Season 1 came out in the States. Personally, now I prefer the Japanese version of the TV anime. My favorite Digimon is Cyberdramon (the Tamers version), and my favorite season is Frontier (still waiting for Netflix to finally stream it subbed). My favorite human character is Masaru (because he can and will punch EVERYTHING!)

Pumped for Tri!

Back