• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Vega (and Altair/Sirius) - English Version

Years
How the hell am I supposed to deal with Annette's Shuckle? It's the FIRST GYM and it has Curse, a Sitrus Berry, and Deep Yawn which is what I'm guessing is just the same as Spore since it never misses! I can't even buy Awakenings, do I really need to restart the game with the water starter? Evolving Peyero to Ignis really did help so much but Deep Yawn is what kills me.

Yeah this games gyms are absolutely challenging and brutal, which is a good thing in my opinion. I don't think you need to restart the game though, I also picked Peyero and that gym was a pain the ass. I kept losing but I also kept training and I don't think I relied so much on Peyero on this gym but more towards the other Pokemon I caught

Also wanted to say, this is one of the best roms I've played!! Very creative and I can tell a lot of effort went into it.

Anthroyd

Professor
Years
Hi there,

Are all National Dex entries available to catch? I've been catching every species possible, but I don't want to spend tons of time doing this if there's no way to complete the Dex. Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Okay, so I know it says that Vega only works with VBA but I can successfully play it fine on johngba, the Android emulator. You should add this to the Original post so other people know. :)

shamwowza

A really great white snake
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
Hi there,

Are all National Dex entries available to catch? I've been catching every species possible, but I don't want to spend tons of time doing this if there's no way to complete the Dex. Thanks.
Yeah the national dex is completable. In fact, if you complete the national dex and rematch every gym leader there is a surprise waiting for you in holly's lab

PokemonCoders

Gotta Cheat em All
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
Interesting hack, I would love to try this. How about adding Mega Evolution feature?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 14, 2016
I made an account just to post this reply, why the f is the first gym so hard? Like i have a level 19 and 18 and i cant beat a level 15 shuckle that is addicted to berries. The game is good other than the fact its unbeatable, and no im not going to grind for hours on level 4 tailows.

Anthroyd

Professor
Years
I made an account just to post this reply, why the f is the first gym so hard? Like i have a level 19 and 18 and i cant beat a level 15 shuckle that is addicted to berries. The game is good other than the fact its unbeatable, and no im not going to grind for hours on level 4 tailows.

Hmm sounds like you need to focus on strategy more. The game is definitely tough, but definitely beatable without excessive grinding. If I was able to beat the first gym with only a level 17 grass type, I believe in you too! :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 14, 2016
Hmm sounds like you need to focus on strategy more. The game is definitely tough, but definitely beatable without excessive grinding. If I was able to beat the first gym with only a level 17 grass type, I believe in you too! :)

well your grass type eats shuckle cause hes rock type, i have the fire type.

Anthroyd

Professor
Years
well your grass type eats shuckle cause hes rock type, i have the fire type.

Grass is not supper effective against Shuckle! x_x
Strategy strategy strategy! Vega always makes me think through every single move, switch, and item before I do anything. Then I reset a few times before I'm able to get it right, haha.

Trainer 766

Grass is not supper effective against Shuckle! x_x
Strategy strategy strategy! Vega always makes me think through every single move, switch, and item before I do anything. Then I reset a few times before I'm able to get it right, haha.

Come to think about it,not many people knows that Shuckle is Bug/Rock type.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 29, 2016
OMG!!! I don't know if it's me, but why is every Pokemon in Vega a female??? I swear, there are no male Pokemon, unless I enter a wild modifier cheat.

Trainer 766

OMG!!! I don't know if it's me, but why is every Pokemon in Vega a female??? I swear, there are no male Pokemon, unless I enter a wild modifier cheat.

What are you talking about?There should be male or female,not just one gender.

Unless you use countless multiple cheats.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Can someone make cheats to this holy game? Because it's a pain in the ass trying to catch every damn Pokémon and only seeing ones that I already have...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 29, 2016
Man this hack is stupid!! You got challenging and annoying all mixed up. Every trainer super weak, so I can't get much experience. I have to battle weak PKMN likr 100 times just to level up. An then the gym leaders are super hard, and somehow have a move that beat all the PKMN that are accessible to me, (Starters, Pineco, Nidoran, Nidaran, Tallow, Hondour, Diglett, etc). Trainers are suppose to get stronger an better the more I play, not still be Level 12 after my 2nd-3rd badge. 2/5 and that's only cause it's some nice Fakemon sprites

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 29, 2016
Can someone make cheats to this holy game? Because it's a pain in the ass trying to catch every damn Pokémon and only seeing ones that I already have...

I just used Fire Red codes since this is a hack of that game.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2017
Is there a list of moves and movesets in the game? I've been thinking of making a PS Pet Mod with Vega and maybe Altair & Sirius stuff in it.

Back