• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Tungsten (remake of Pokemon Silver, but FireRed's the victim this time!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
Pokemon Tungsten (hack of Fire Red, but completely new story line!)

I am thinking of making a remake of Pokemon Silver, something I haven't seen since Pokemon Shiny Gold. And not just a shonky remake. A real one. I want to put together a game by hacking one of the best GameBoy Advance games yet: Pokemon Fire Red. Now, I really need help with this one, as I'm a newbie at hacking. I've just started to play around with hacking tools, and don't know how to script properly. Could someone help me with this new hack?

So far, I've decided to add a twist to the game. Rather than placing legendary Pokemon as side-quests, I want to put them as main turns in the story line. For example, the game leads you to meeting Lugia face to face.

It's all just a mess now, but soon, with a lot of help, I'll get the game together.

PS: I don't want to have to keep releasing fixes of the game, so it's probably going to take a while before it's released.

{EDIT HERE}
Pokémon Tungsten Plot Revised

Storyline:
You arrive in your new home in Sino Island from Stone Island, a vast metropolis-island north of Sino Island. In Sino Island, you dream of becoming a Pokémon Trainer, and it turns out you can as you are over the age of 11. You visit Professor Aran to get your first Pokémon, but this is a hard choice, as there are nine to choose from (the Kanto, Johto and Hoenn starters). Once you have made your choice, an ill-mannered boy comes barging into the lab, demanding a starter Pokémon as well. Professor Aran calmly tells him that he would have to ask the next day, but the boy is not patient. He charges at the table where the Pokémon are kept and snatches one. Professor Aran and his aides try to stop this boy, but he is too fast. Professor Aran was hoping to keep that Pokémon for someone else and employs you to get that boy and his starter Pokémon.

So you spend the game chasing your new rival, but you also discover that there are eight gyms scattered across Sino Island, and you decide to challenge them all and get to the Pokémon League. After beating the eight gyms and the Elite Four, you find that the Champion is your rival. You make a promise with him that if he wins, you will leave, but if you win, you get his Pokémon. When you win, you take his Pokémon, but the boy swears that he will get revenge. You take this Pokémon back to Professor Aran and he thanks you for it, and he gives you a Master Ball as a gift.

When you discover that there are eight more gyms to battle, you don't hesitate and immediately rush toward Mt. Victory Island. There are new Pokémon there, and tougher Gym Leaders. When you beat them all, you find out that something momentous has occurred at a place called Mt.Victory, and you go to explore it. Fighting the powerful Pokémon that reside within Mt. Victory, you finally see what happened. You see your rival in tattered clothes and he is hell-bent on revenge. You have one final showdown and after you beat him, he sees no reason for life. He runs away and you never see him again.

Features:
- You will find all 386 Pokémon in the game, but the first 251 will appear on Sino Island, while the rest will appear on Mt. Victory Island.
- Time-based game, so the game will run based on a clock. More time-based events will occur because of this.
- Side-quests will be revealed, as you discover more and more caves. These side-quests will obviously lead you to Legendary Pokémon.
- The fact that there are nine starter Pokémon instead of three makes the game all the more exciting.
- To accommodate the nine starter Pokémon, you will begin with a national dex instead of the standard Kanto Dex.
- An advanced form of the Trainer Tower, in which you not only battle other Trainers, you also get experience points out of those battles and money.

Obviously, I cannot make this idea a reality unless I have willing team members to help me. I will be the lead mapper, but I need scripters, spriters and music mixers to help me with the game. Thanks to anyone that is willing to help. Really.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Noep you either learn or well dont learn and never have a hack made. Its not all that simple and you can come in barging and asking for help. Also you need a storyline and all for it to be a proper thread.

ghettowizard223344

Mapper/Spriter
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2009
well im a mapper i could help if you want or sprite but do i get to be lead mapper and/or spriter for maps Pm me for sprites check my albums

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
Noep you either learn or well dont learn and never have a hack made. Its not all that simple and you can come in barging and asking for help. Also you need a storyline and all for it to be a proper thread.

I actually have a storyline, but first, I need team members. I know how to map as well, I just need scripters. I'm not a complete noob, okay?

PS: I don't like people who pretend to type fast and get all their spelling wrong. It took me a while before I understood your writing.

well im a mapper i could help if you want or sprite but do i get to be lead mapper and/or spriter for maps Pm me for sprites check my albums

I need a scripter not a spriter. Advance Map does all the spriting for me.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
Years
As i said scripters dont come to you easily. You really have to learn or else well you wont have anything accomplished.

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
About remaking Silver...

Well, to stimulate my imagination, I've decided to make Pokemon Tungsten a completely new game rather than a remake of Pokemon Silver. But, with that in mind, I will have to spend the six-week summer break making a storyline for the game and plotting out the maps.

Still though, I need help with scripting, as all the tutorials on XSE aren't helping with the one problem I have. There's no harm in mentioning it here, so I will. When I made a speaking script (which was exactly the same as what the tutorial told me to do) and put it in Advance Map, I ran the game on VBA. The Character which the Script was implemented just said the following: 'AAAAA (player name), over here! Let's hurry home!'. Then he went to Littleroot Town. When I began to move again, the character just returned to it's spot. Could it be the fact that I was testing this out on Emerald?

OK, if you have any ideas or helpful hints, please leave a reply. And don't go telling me to learn how to script. I believe I am trying my hardest, thank you very much.

Charwiizard

So you killed Kenny!!
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2009
Y'know, that's a pretty good idea man!
I like it how the game LEADS you to Lugia.
Here's a tip! Search up Whack A Hack on Google and translate it, and see what you can find.....

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
You're going to need a storyline or features in your first post to keep this open.

CutiePie2121

The Cutest Spriter EVUR!!!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 20, 2013
this is a good hack i would help but i just started scripting(learnig)

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
You're going to need a storyline or features in your first post to keep this open.

Like I said, I am thinking of a storyline as we speak, and I've actually got some regions plotted out. Now I just need to draw the maps in detail and make the Gym leaders' sprites.

Wait...I think I do need a spriter after all! Who can draw good Gym Leader sprites?
I will also need some music mixing program to extract the MIDI files out of FireRed and use them in various parts on the game. The Toolbox will be the place to find them.

PS: I found the problem with that scripting thing I had trouble with. I was using Pokemon Emerald. Lesson Learned: Pokemon Emerald must never be hacked!

Here is the storyline that I have thought of, and the features I wish to implement. They are in the .doc file attached to this post. If you don't like it, suggest some ideas or changes. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Instead of posting a file put it in the first post or this will get closed. Just as a question how many regions are tyou planning?

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
As i said scripters dont come to you easily. You really have to learn or else well you wont have anything accomplished.

Stop flaming the guy and chill a bit.

--------

Since your new to hacking, I think you should look around in the documents and tutorials section for some help, ask questions there, look at other peoples questions and pretty soon you'll get the picture.
I reckon you shouldn't really get into a full pledged hack yet, you might have it all set out, but it's not going to be as easy as you think, it'll take months maybe even years.
You should probably just start mucking around with a rom, testing out scripts to see if they work, practise your mapping and even try inserting some new tiles.

Also, if your going to do a remake, try make it look that tiny bit better if you want attention, you really need to make it look professional and stand out or people aren't gonna really follow your hack.

Good luck is all I can say.

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
Since your new to hacking, I think you should look around in the documents and tutorials section for some help, ask questions there, look at other peoples questions and pretty soon you'll get the picture.
I reckon you shouldn't really get into a full pledged hack yet, you might have it all set out, but it's not going to be as easy as you think, it'll take months maybe even years.
You should probably just start mucking around with a rom, testing out scripts to see if they work, practise your mapping and even try inserting some new tiles.

Also, if your going to do a remake, try make it look that tiny bit better if you want attention, you really need to make it look professional and stand out or people aren't gonna really follow your hack.

Good luck is all I can say.

I have a few things to say.
-I'm prepared to work on this for years, because I want it to be the best hack out.
-I changed my mind about this being a remake. It will be a new game with a new storyline.
-I have toyed around with roms and inserted scripts into them, changed their maps and even changed wild Pokemon data, so it's not like I'm completely new with this hacking stuff. I just think that if I have more people on this hack, I won't have to wait five years before the hack is done.

Instead of posting a file put it in the first post or this will get closed. Just as a question how many regions are tyou planning?

Firstly, you don't have the authority to close this thread, as you aren't a moderator or admin. So shut your trap about the storyline and look at the docs I posted.

Secondly, I'm planning two regions, as my storyline stated. And, as I mentioned above, read the docs to find out what those regions are.

Thirdly, I told you to watch carefully when you type. Do you see me having spelling deformities in my sentences?

Finally, I think that what you are doing has breached the boundaries of constructive criticism. You criticise me, then you ask me a question, then I give you an answer, then you criticse me again about my answer. You're probably going to criticise me about this answer as well. So I kindly ask of you to please shut up.

Thank you Mitchman.

Does it have to be in the first post, or can it be in an attached document? Because I really want to move on with this thread. If the answer is yes, I'm on it sir. If it's no, I'm moving on sir.

Last edited:

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
Maps for Tungsten are now in development.

The maps I will be using in Pokemon Tungsten are now in development. I need help with scripting in order to make those starter Pokemon come true. The XSE tutorials aren't that helpful, so could someone show me a tutorial which is helpful in this field?

Thanks in advance!

Grandryan20

Pokemon Fuser
Years
I need a scripter not a spriter. Advance Map does all the spriting for me.

To make a hack with a whole new storyline, there will be alot of work to do, thus you need all the help you can get.

You shouldn't be swatting away people who want to help you just because you or some other programme can do so.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Go to thethethethe's Scripting tutorial in the Docs and Tuts. Sure it's not an XSE tutorial but everything there still works! Just use @ and a dynamic offset and such instead of $.

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
To make a hack with a whole new storyline, there will be alot of work to do, thus you need all the help you can get.

You shouldn't be swatting away people who want to help you just because you or some other programme can do so.

I've noticed this guy's been posting things across all threads saying he'll help you with spriting. I don't want to recruit him now and then find that he's overloaded with work. I admit that now, I'll need a spriter, but just not that guy.

Thanks for the advice.
PS: I did ask for spriters after all. Read through the previous posts.

Go to thethethethe's Scripting tutorial in the Docs and Tuts. Sure it's not an XSE tutorial but everything there still works! Just use @ and a dynamic offset and such instead of $.

Well do those scripts for PokeScript work for XSE? Because I find that XSE scripting works better for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back