• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
Can someone tell me where to go after seeing the event of the two legendary Pokemon at Mt. Winter? I've been to both side routes and they lead to a dead end. Any help would be appreciated ( :

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
Which legendaries? You must be lost. Can you elaborate?

Well in Mt. Winter after I think the 6th badge, there is only the one event that happens there. I think it's the two legendary pokemon from black/white. After that event is over, I go back down and and then there is a left side and right side. Both lead to a new place but both end up at a dead end. So it's either I back track Mt. Winter or I'm missing something.

Hope this is enough info for you. If needed more, I can give more. Or try anyway.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Well in Mt. Winter after I think the 6th badge, there is only the one event that happens there. I think it's the two legendary pokemon from black/white. After that event is over, I go back down and and then there is a left side and right side. Both lead to a new place but both end up at a dead end. So it's either I back track Mt. Winter or I'm missing something.

Hope this is enough info for you. If needed more, I can give more. Or try anyway.
Just go to Snowice City and then return to find the Gym Leader.

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
I forgot that Team Steam was guarding an area that I couldn't get by. I went there and now I'm in the right direction.

Sorry for posting things and then finding out what to do after.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Mt. Winter? I know of Mt. Icestorm before Route 414, but scanning around the Town Map I don't see a Mt. Winter. Not being there yet, what is this?

I found videos of Mt. Icestorm but didn't watch them in entirety, so if the event happens there, I didn't stick around yet.

EDIT: LMAO, I just caught the Pokérus on my entire party during a Route 410 training session. Sweet. Time to do some PC shuffling. Even the new Spiritomb and Drifloon I picked up are among the infectees.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2012
wow, i just found out you cant play this game on the gpsphone....what a bummer
not sure if u found out or not but you can im playing it on gpsphone now

where do you get the national dex i just beat the zhery league and no one offered me a national dex like in other games

Last edited:

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
If you have gotten as far as the 6th badge, Mt. Winter is the cave where the event of the two legendary pokemon from black/white happens after you beat the 6th badge leader.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If you have gotten as far as the 6th badge, Mt. Winter is the cave where the event of the two legendary pokemon from black/white happens after you beat the 6th badge leader.
I just researched it. It's found within Mt. Icestorm; after going through three chambers (the second of which also contains a path to an Ancient Regi once you can use Rock Climb away from battle), taking the stairs in the third chamber takes you to Mt. Winter. Zekrom and Reshiram seem to be the stars of this scuffle. After they clear, you should be able to head outside to Route 414 after getting back to that third chamber.

There also appear to be individual chambers in the same area as their fight where you later go and battle them individually.

Cyclone

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
I just researched it. It's found within Mt. Icestorm; after going through three chambers (the second of which also contains a path to an Ancient Regi once you can use Rock Climb away from battle), taking the stairs in the third chamber takes you to Mt. Winter. Zekrom and Reshiram seem to be the stars of this scuffle. After they clear, you should be able to head outside to Route 414 after getting back to that third chamber.

There also appear to be individual chambers in the same area as their fight where you later go and battle them individually.

Cyclone

Thank you for clearing that up. That explains why those chambers are empty for me right now.

EDIT: Is HM06 actually rock smash or is it rock climb?

Last edited:

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
No. Cyclone mentioned it all right. It is Rock Climb all right. HM02 is Rock Smash in this hack.

there must be something wrong with my hack because here is what all my HM's are:

HM01 - Cut
HM02 - Fly
HM03 - Surf
HM04 - Strength
HM05 - Lava Surf
HM06 - Rock Smash

I need rock climb but have no idea how to obtain it.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
there must be something wrong with my hack because here is what all my HM's are:

HM01 - Cut
HM02 - Fly
HM03 - Surf
HM04 - Strength
HM05 - Lava Surf
HM06 - Rock Smash

Rock Climb is a damaging Normal-type move introduced in Generation IV as HM08. It lost this status in Generation V.

So apparently this was added as a new move in this hack, as it didn't exist then.

The question then: is it HM08? HM08 was "Dive" in Generation III. Back on Page 115 is a list of new TMs and HMs and such; Rock Climb is TM39 described as "Have the ability to scale through rocky walls". Thus, "Rock Tomb" doesn't exist.

Cyclone

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
Rock Climb is a damaging Normal-type move introduced in Generation IV as HM08. It lost this status in Generation V.

So apparently this was added as a new move in this hack, as it didn't exist then.

The question then: is it HM08? HM08 was "Dive" in Generation III. Back on Page 115 is a list of new TMs and HMs and such; Rock Climb is TM39 described as "Have the ability to scale through rocky walls". Thus, "Rock Tomb" doesn't exist.

Cyclone

Hmmm. Well I don't have Rock Climb anywhere in my HM/TM's case and I'm stuck trying to get the 7th badge leader to come back to the gym from Mt. Icestorm or whatever it's called. Rock smash is definitely not Rock Climb in this game. Taught it to a pokemon and I still couldn't climb.

So with that said. If I accidentally somehow got rid of Rock Climb, (although I never get rid of my TM's and I don't remember getting it either) is there a way of getting it back? Or just getting it for that matter? Because I honestly don't remember getting it.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
So far I haven't seen a TM shop. It would be nice if TMs found along the journey - especially critical ones - started showing up in the Pokémarts starting from about Dardusk City, or even Groment City (which I am just about to walk into, finished the 411 trainers and did a dry run around town with the sand blowing).

Right now I'm a bit curious about the Route makeup; there is pretty much no use for grass on this Route because walking anywhere off of the specific path tiles (very few of them) can trigger wild battles. Even in the mountainous areas where grass is around, you are getting wild encounters off of the grass. I think tile modifications are necessary fixing this; it seems like a silly thing to let happen and kicks the "if you're weak, avoid the grass" philosophy to the next region.

Cyclone

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
@Cyclone: Why do you always use Bulbapedia for hacks? :D Hacks do not have the same structure, just the base is same, you should know it by now ;)
To answer. Rock Climb is TM39. You obtain it in Lauren in the first Gym. Which means, you don't need it to progress in Zheri.

Years

HM01 - Cut
HM02 - Fly
HM03 - Surf
HM04 - Strength
HM05 - Lava Surf
HM06 - Rock Smash

Sorry The order you showed was all right. I was mentioning it as HM02 in order you obtain it within the game. It will be available in Lauren league where you need it to battle the Gym leader of Flying type pokes.

Back