• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ready to Brawl! Super Smash Brothers Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'll definitely give MegaMan a go, just to see how he's like and whatnot. If he's good and easy to utilize, then I might wind up making him one of my main.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
I think the games come out October 12th. I want to play in tournaments but I dont know where there would be any. I miss the days when Smash was for fun but recently it seems like the FGC is creepy into the Smash community.
Last I checked, the release date is Oct. 2 & there are 2 on-line modes:

Spoiler:

Ok, I think I got it right...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
October 2nd is the announced date? Could have sworn it was the 12th. I'll double check.

You can pre-order the 3DS game right now, just saw it on GameStop. I won't be preordering it now, but rather later. I can't wait to do so though!

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
Username: Mew
Character Select: Lucario
I like Lucario a lot due to the fact that he's a character I played as a lot in Project M and Brawl, and am exited for in Smash 4. He's also a character I'm used to.
What was your first Smash game?: Smash 64
Favorite Smash Game: Project M/Melee
Project M for adding lots of custom content to Brawl,
Melee for the variety of characters, Pichu and Mewtwo are still fun to this day.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't know if I'll be pre-ordering, but currently, I'm leaning more against it. October is months away, though, so I still might if I manage to save extra money. If not, then I'll just visit GameStop after its release and grab the game right from there. Either works!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
It's still a weeee far away for me to pre-order, so I'm gonna wait until later on to do so! Probably a couple of weeks before the release date.

Gonna go ahead and add a new topic for discussion if anyone doesn't miiiind, and this is in regards to SSM and SSBB: What did you think of the adventure modes in both games? Are you a fan of them?

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
In SSM there wasn't really much of an adventure mode tbh, but it was alright. Super Smash Bros. Brawl's Adventure Mode is what distinguished the title from the other two predecessors. I was excited for an actual Adventure Mode, I would love ot see something like that on the new titles!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I want to try the mode in SSM, really. If only I can find a good emulator for GameCube, I'd do it. xD

As for Brawl, when I first got the game, I never thought there would be an adventure mode. That became the first thing I got into. I ended up finishing the adventure in NORMAL mode in just a week, because the final level (The Maze) took me FOREVER to get through.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
The Subspace Emissary can be fun at times, but once it gets to the Great Maze, it gets really tedious. At least Melee's adventure mode was shorter and had Nintendo-themed areas rather than generic environments.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Both Melee's Adventure mode and Subspace Emissary weren't anything special. I'd give a nod to Melee's mode for the variety and decent level design because SSE was terrible all around when the novelty wore off. It played like a terrible Kirby game.

I'm just waiting for my mains, Wario and Snake, to be revealed at this point. Though it'd be nice to see who the newcomer will be this monday...it's probably Shulk.

At least I already have Little Mac, and Chorus Kids seem super likely at this point. Wario, Snake (if he's back and he damn should be), Little Mac and Chorus Kids are gonna be my Elite Four for this game.

I really want to participate in Smash tournaments for this game. I really look forward to playing with Megaman and Charizard~
Actual tournaments like APEX and all that or just your run of the mill forum tournaments?

Kinda having a hard time imagining Charizard being a tournament character lol.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm just waiting for my mains, Wario and Snake, to be revealed at this point.
I don't think Snake's coming back, because during the pre-Brawl days, Sakurai stated that he'll only allow 1-2 third-party characters to go alongside with Snake, which adds up to 3 third-party reps. Now we have Mega Man, Sonic, and Pac-Man as our 3 third-party reps, so there's not enough room for Snake to return.

In other news, Monday's reveal trailer:

Spoiler:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Regarding Lucina...I have absolutely no idea who she is. I'm so behind in the gaming world lmao. I saw someone with a similar image confirming her to be in SSB. Didn't think about it until I saw the video

WOAH YOU CAN ACTUALLY SWAP GENDERS WITH THOSE CHARACTERS WHAT.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Regarding Lucina...I have absolutely no idea who she is. I'm so behind in the gaming world lmao. I saw someone with a similar image confirming her to be in SSB. Didn't think about it until I saw the video

WOAH YOU CAN ACTUALLY SWAP GENDERS WITH THOSE CHARACTERS WHAT.
Actually, she's confirmed to be a separate character; in other words, she's our first clone newcomer and our second Marth clone (the first being Roy in Melee):

Spoiler:

Infernape

fire power!
Years
As much as I've played the heck out of fire emblem, I don't think I'll be using any of the characters

Years
  • Age 36
  • ?
  • Seen Jan 16, 2016
As much as I've played the heck out of fire emblem, I don't think I'll be using any of the characters

Same here. I don't really care for many of the characters. Lucina prances around as Marth anyway so...that's kinda the same? Don't know, but I'm bummed Chrom doesn't appear to have made it

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm not such a huge Fire Emblem fan, personally, but still am going to give their characters a shot. I'll try all, to be honest, just to make sure that I don't miss out on anything fun.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
^Yeah, I haven't really PLAYED the series, but I used to main Marth for a little while when I played Brawl. He's a lot better in terms of maneuver than Ike. Ike was hard to manage, especially with the high jump when it actually turns into high sword stomp. ~_~ Marth, on the other hand, he's...pretty light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back